• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.
LOL LA Noire tech is nowhere near this video. Nowhere near.

I swear some of "Team Real" need to slow down and read.

-Faithless said CG cant capture subtle movements in the face

-I brought up LA Noire because it did.

It wasnt to say Jaokim was possible because of LA Noire... I was just saying LA NOIRE CAPTURED THE SUBTLE MOVEMENTS.
That's it.

-Then someone, who obviously didnt see that I quoted Faithless for a reason, assumed I brought up LA Noire and it's tech as the best delusional argument teamCG has for believing Joakim is possible.

-and then you(Branduil) only see LA Noire in my post and think that I brought up La Noire because I think that Kojima took that old ass tech from Bondi studios and used the same low poly, low textures and other technical shit that went into LA Noire and being the god that Kojima is, was able to produce what we saw in the GTTV interview...

[shakes head]

OF COURSE LA NOIRE TECH is NOWHERE near this video. ...in graphics quality

but it did capture subtle movements in the face.

all I'm saying

Persona86

Banned
Yeah i'd love to see more and improved versions of this tech in games to come.
Hopefully not as boring as LA Noire though :p

However. It's not anywhere near Joakim imo too.

Yeah LA Noire had so much potential, but it was sooo boring. :(

Well I think the animation is near to real life, but it needs much better graphics to impress.

Lunar15

I really can't wait to see all the crow that gets eaten either way when we actually find out what was up. It's going to be fun either way, as long as people realize this is all fun and aren't pricks about it.

WilyRook

Voted Real. But I hope it's CG. Figured I'd vote with my head rather than my heart. Though my heart's in the wrong place now that I think of it. And I'm not very smart, anyway. What thread is this again? Hype.

Foshy

I'm kinda on the fence. I want it to be CG and there are some things that point towards it, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were a real person.

Either way, it's incredible that technology has reached the point where there's even the possibility that a CG model could look so real that it's nearly indistiguishable from a real human being.

Hakai

Man TeamReal here, if this is actually CG, paint me impressed, cuz I think there is no way that is CG!

Actually I don't even know how there is people who still believe it is CG, since it looks obviously not CG.

So if in the end I'm wrong I will eat this crown impressed by how far we get with CG tech.

Hermii

I really can't wait to see all the crow that gets eaten either way when we actually find out what was up. It's going to be fun either way, as long as people realize this is all fun and aren't pricks about it.

Well nothing really happens if teamcg looses as its pretty much guaranteed to happen and most of the team wants to belive more than they really belive. But on the other hand if teamreal looses (no way in hell) there will be crowe smell all over gaf.

Stillmatic

whathaveyoudone4fke2.jpg

What have you done.

Gui_PT

I think I'm going to laugh for an hour straight at you CG fools once we're told it's not CG

I will die, but I will die happy

If Joakim Mogren is a real person/actor I wonder how he feels seeing the internet blow up about if he's a real person or not lol. Would be a very odd feeling to think hundreds of people think you're not real.

Top Bottom