• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-17-2013, 05:00 AM)
Nabs caught this on the Steam thread and Nirolak suggested it might be thread worthy

News worthy because the package appears as "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Early Access Comp"

"2" nowhere to be seen

so, there's a chance not only the sequel is coming, but the first game as well.

They hinted at it back when they announced 2 but it never got any further than that.
V_Ben
(03-17-2013, 05:01 AM)
Can't wait to see videos of that game with a frame rate.
Currygan
Banned
(03-17-2013, 05:02 AM)
MOF port?
Vasilisk
I swear that this was almost officially confirmed when David Cox announced the PC version of LOS2? Anyway, my wallet is ready for the double dip.
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!

Originally Posted by Vasilisk

I swear that this was almost officially confirmed when David Cox announced the PC version of LOS2? Anyway, my wallet is ready for the double dip.

pretty sure someone asked and he was like "ohhh idk *winkwink*" or something
Lulubop
(03-17-2013, 05:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Vasilisk

Just teased, sorta.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
I hope it's in 60 FPS and 1080p
Lingitiz
I'd play it at a decent price. I couldn't get over the frame rate on PS3.
Relix
he's Virgin Tight™
I'll buy it again 1t 20 bucks for 1080p 60fps.
ngff02
Nice, I was thinking of getting it for ps3 again but this changes everything
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-17-2013, 05:04 AM)
As I said in the Steam thread best case scenario for this would be LOS 2 at $60 with the first one for free as a pre-order incentive (considering most of us expect $45-$50 for new PC releases)

they could sell it separately for $20
Slamtastic
itshappening.gif
funkystudent
Cool but Valve should probably do something to stop people snooping around the Steam Registry. I bet publishers are already on there ass about it happening all the time.
Neiteio
Not sure what to make of the weird listing -- "Early Access Comp?" -- but I wouldn't mind double-dipping for my Steam library. The game is beautiful, overflowing with "F12" moments.
Mileena
Banned

Originally Posted by Currygan

MOF port?

why would anyone want this lol
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-17-2013, 05:05 AM)

Originally Posted by funkystudent

Cool but Valve should probably do something to stop people snooping around the Steam Registry. I bet publishers are already on there ass about it happening all the time.

hard to tell if they care. They once uploaded a bunch of apps that spelled "STOP" "LOOKING" "AT" "THIS" lol

weirdly enough we still get a few surprises out of nowhere, I think

Originally Posted by Neiteio

Not sure what to make of the weird listing -- "Early Access Comp?"

that's on a bunch of games, doesnt mean anything notable afaik
Have a Nice Day
ClovingWestbrook
Banned

It's been happening since before EA was officially announced as a publisher on Steam. Valve knows about it. Publishers know about it. In reality it builds up hype as you can see here the last few weeks. If Valve wanted to do something they would.
Pachterballs
Banned
(03-17-2013, 05:06 AM)
I'd buy this. Hardly ever see it on retail shelves. Steam sales? In!
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(03-17-2013, 05:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Currygan

MOF port?

I think Nintendo must have like at least six months exclusivity on that one, so it would be a bit early.
Neiteio
(03-17-2013, 05:07 AM)
Everyone knows PC is the platform of choice for nerds who dress up in chainmail and real-life roleplay Dungeons & Dragons. Thus, this game with all its medieval trappings and shit should be on Steam. Seriously, though, the average Skyrim player could probably be fooled into buying it. WOULD DO 'EM GOOD.
Link Man

Originally Posted by ULTROS!

Probably Capcom's other surprise. lol

And here I thought that meme was dead.
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
also I always get confused wether its Lord of Shadows or Lords of Shadow, so it looks like I just went with both, lol
TucoBenedictoPacifico

Cool but Valve should probably do something to stop people snooping around the Steam Registry.

HELL, no.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(03-17-2013, 05:08 AM)

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

also I always get confused wether its Lord of Shadows or Lords of Shadow, so it looks like I just went with both, lol

It's Lords of Shadow.
Neiteio
(03-17-2013, 05:08 AM)

Eh, for all we know they do it on purpose to gauge interest.
jett
(03-17-2013, 05:09 AM)
Awesome, I'd replay it at a higher framerate.
Storm360
(03-17-2013, 05:09 AM)

Not sure what to make of the weird listing -- "Early Access Comp?" -- but I wouldn't mind double-dipping for my Steam library. The game is beautiful, overflowing with "F12" moments.

Early Access Complimentary

Steam works on having different subscriptions, all that is labelling that subscription is for free, and to provide early access to the game, so developers can access the game to test
TucoBenedictoPacifico
(03-17-2013, 05:10 AM)

Eh, for all we know they do it on purpose to gauge interest.

If that's the case, it works: Steam's registry leaks are a constant source of happiness and moderate hype.
Neiteio

Originally Posted by Storm360

Early Access Complimentary

Steam works on having different subscriptions, all that is labelling that subscription is for free, and to provide early access to the game, so developers can access the game to test

So it's a listing for a Steam version of LoS that devs can access to test on Steam before it's publically available for sale? Is that what you're saying?
DaBoss
Didn't play this the first time it came around, so I guess I will be looking forward to this.

Originally Posted by ULTROS!

Probably Capcom's other surprise. lol

lol, surprised no one's gotten tricked by this so far.
Neiteio
(03-17-2013, 05:11 AM)
Valve should do an RE6-style promo with this, putting DOTA2 characters in LoS and Castlevania monsters in DOTA2.
Storm360
(03-17-2013, 05:12 AM)

So it's a listing for a Steam version of LoS that devs can access to test on Steam before it's publically available for sale? Is that what you're saying?

Yes, most likely should have tried making it clearer, but yeah, its mainly for developers, the public would get another sub that has a actual release date on it when its ready for release
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(03-17-2013, 05:12 AM)

I doubt that. There's nothing preventing publishers from submitting games as ValveTestApps and unmasking them at a later date, as Valve itself and many others already do (e.g. Ubisoft released I Am Alive as a VTA).
Neiteio
(03-17-2013, 05:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Storm360

Yes, most likely should have tried making it clearer, but yeah, its mainly for developers, the public would get another sub that has a actual release date on it when its ready for release

Hmm, so assuming that they didn't get lazy and simply omit the number "2," this would most definitely be LoS1, right?
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-17-2013, 05:15 AM)

Hmm, so assuming that they didn't get lazy and simply omit the number "2," this would most definitely be LoS1, right?

so far every entry has had its full name so it's safe to guess this means LOS1 yeah
Storm360
(03-17-2013, 05:16 AM)

Yup, for example, a retail copy of Portal 1 is known as Portal Retail, where two would be Portal 2 Retail. As long as someone didn't make a mistake or was simply being lazy its definitely 1
Neiteio
(03-17-2013, 05:17 AM)

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

so far every entry has had its full name so it's safe to guess this means LOS1 yeah

In that case, THESE ARE DARK TIMES.

And by that, I mean yesssssssss.
Hypron
(03-17-2013, 05:19 AM)
Awesome. I've been meaning to play the game for ages but I can't bring myself to sit through 10+ hours of cinematic framerate.
Syphon Filter
(03-17-2013, 05:42 AM)

In that case, THESE ARE DARK TIMES.

And by that, I mean yesssssssss.

iavi
(03-17-2013, 05:44 AM)
My body can't handle all these new registry entries.
GAMERG0D
(03-17-2013, 05:48 AM)

That would suck for us though ;)

I'm glad about news of games like FFVII/VIII and the Halo trilogy popping up in the registry.
petethepanda
(03-17-2013, 05:56 AM)
Hope this would be soon, I've been itching to play the first lately and I'd much rather hold out for PC.
Neiteio
(03-17-2013, 06:20 AM)

Originally Posted by petethepanda

Hope this would be soon, I've been itching to play the first lately and I'd much rather hold out for PC.

I'd guess the earliest might be sometime after the new LOS2 coverage comes out. Konami was showing the game to the media recently, so once those stories come out (maybe around PAX East or GDC at the end of this week?), the hype train will be in full swing, and maybe they'll release the first game to Steam at that point to capitalize on it.

IF WE'RE LUCKY.
Glass Rebel
(03-17-2013, 06:21 AM)
I'm happy to see that they're finally turning this into a game.
DimmuBurgerKing
(03-17-2013, 06:23 AM)
This is wonderful news. I enjoyed what little I played of LOS, and my main complaint was the framerate. A PC release would solve that problem very easily.
SatelliteOfLove
(03-17-2013, 06:24 AM)
"Press Y key for Zolbek"
Grisby
(03-17-2013, 06:25 AM)

Originally Posted by SatelliteOfLove

"Press Y key for Zolbek"

Zobek hears all cries for help.
Zarx
(03-17-2013, 10:34 AM)
Well if they do release the first game on PC I will buy both that is for sure.