• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R |OT| Ready to rock on STEAM (with netcode!)

Other than the higher resolution/OLED making it look a whole lot nicer, no not really.

It does look very nice. Depends how much you value that if you already own the PSP version.
Considering I already own the PSP version, probably not worth the $15 equivalent.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Thanks for the clarification on online play.

Arc System Works U.S. needs to be hated on now for misleading people. :p

ReaperXL7

It looks really really nice. Very sharp. Plays perfectly fine too. No complaints on that front.

awesome, I have enough fighters capable of online that this one not having it does not bother me so much. Still holding out some hope that Chrono phantasma, and Arcs new fighter will come to vita aswell since Vita seems a popular choice for fighting devs. hope that continues.

Onemic

Thanks for the clarification on online play.

Arc System Works U.S. needs to be hated on now for misleading people. :p

Ya, just loaded it up and there's no online.

FUCK YOU ARCSYS! They pretty much mislead everyone into thinking there's online. Even in their trailer they said there would be. I bet a bunch of people will download this thinking there is online, when there actually isn't. Granted, I would've bought it anyway to get ready for +R on consoles, but it's still a bullshit move. Sent them a tweet to express my disappointment.

Game looks a whole lot sharper than the psp version though. Pretty much direct translation from consoles.

EDIT: Also is it just me or did they make Slayer's links easier? No complaints here if that's the case

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
WOW. This is a new low for Arc Sys, like thread-worthy. I feels ya guys. :S

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ya, just loaded it up and there's no online.

FUCK YOU ARCSYS! They pretty much mislead everyone into thinking there's online

Even the PSN store has shots of lobbies/online filter. :lol Just look at the green-background shot. Unless that's meant to be an ad-hoc "online" shot it looks like the same online system screens for the PS3 version.

Terrible terrible misadvertising.

I hope everyone that bought it (including me) ranks it 1 star in the store just to show their distaste over this. You don't include an online mode in trailers for months and then go "whoops, no online lololololol" at the 11th hour with no notice.

Onemic

LOL Arcsys just got back to me and pretty much just admitted to blatantly lying. SMH

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/326832500066365440

iTJwFeDo9QQb6.jpg

This actually should be its own thread, because that's some grade A bullshit

Even the PSN store has shots of lobbies/online filter. :lol Just look at the green-background shot. Unless that's meant to be an ad-hoc "online" shot it looks like the same online system screens for the PS3 version.

I hope everyone that bought it (including me) ranks it 1 star in the store just to show their distaste over this. You don't include an online mode in trailers for months and then go "whoops, no online lololololol" at the 11th hour with no notice.

The green screen you're talking about, is actually just the ad-hoc screen. Not that it matters because the trailers and Arcsys PR surrounding the game confirmed online being a thing in the game for months until its release. Hell, even in the description for the game on PSN it talks of "network battle mode". Shame

TheSeks

Yeah, I noticed that by following their account. :lol I mean it's good for practice but what is the point of owning it if it isn't at least 1:1 with the console versions terrible online and all? :/

Alec

Didn't know Vita didn't have online play.

I probably wouldn't've bought it had I known. :-\

Aw who am I kidding. I am a Vita whore.

How is the framerate?

Same as every other version.

Did the trailers for the vita version ACTUALLY say it would have online? I never saw any trailers, but that's way way worse than I even previously thought if true.

Onemic

Yeah, I noticed that by following their account. :lol I mean it's good for practice but what is the point of owning it if it isn't at least 1:1 with the console versions terrible online and all? :/

I would have bought it anyway, but its the principle of the thing that gets me mad. Why spread misinformation purposely like that? I already know, they thought more people would buy the game if they said it had online and judging by some of the posts in here, they were right.

I wanted to purchase it until I saw in the Game Description page at the PS Store that 2-player was only Ad-Hoc. It really blows but at least it saved me $15 to spend on Guilty Gear.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I hate when this thread gets bumped because it gives me hope they released the PS3 upgrade patch :( :(

blackflag

Wow they are actually saying contrary to what we told you, it doesn't have online. Haha they need to be crucified.

Glad I saw this before I bought it.

Guys, get your pitchforks ready: "online modes" were advertised in the motherfucking trailer, go to that link and look at the still shot from the youtube video. This is unacceptable.

Arc System Works support e-mail: support@arcsy.co.jp
Takeshi Yamanaka's twitter: https://twitter.com/Yamanaka_ARC
The twitter account of that troll who posts release dates on his shoes: https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU

I'm making a new thread for this shit.

Goddamn that is crazy.

Onemic

Guys, get your pitchforks ready: "online modes" were advertised in the motherfucking trailer, go to that link and look at the still shot from the youtube video. This is unacceptable.

Arc System Works support e-mail: support@arcsy.co.jp
Takeshi Yamanaka's twitter: https://twitter.com/Yamanaka_ARC
The twitter account of that troll who posts release dates on his shoes: https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU

I'm making a new thread for this shit.

done, done, and done. They need to be called out for this.

Alec

Fuck these guys. Will not buy their products again

I'm not sure it's worth all that. I admit that this is a little shady but...it's only $15 and it's for a handheld with a teensy market share.

They definitely need to know we're displeased but I don't think a boycott is in order.

Diebuster

No online is a load of crap since it was clearly advertised. I won't buy it until it's patched to have what was promised.

ReaperXL7

I have to wonder if when they released the trailer they had planned for the online mode to be there, but for some reason they ended up having to cut it from the vita version. It does not bother me so much since from my.understanding the console versions online is not very good to begin with anway.

They should clarify the situation before selling the product, atleast explain why its not there when it was advertised.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck are they doing? It's plausible they helped fuck up the Persona 4 Arena release in Europe, then they threw dartboards at the map to decide which countries to release in during the Accent Core XBLA release and now this?

Why are some of the properties I like most managed by companies with back-asswards business practices?

TheSeks

The move names in the command list are still Japanese despite Arc saying they were going to localize them when the PS3/360 versions first hit. :lol

So lazy.

I'm not sure it's worth all that. I admit that this is a little shady but...it's only $15 and it's for a handheld with a teensy market share.

They definitely need to know we're displeased but I don't think a boycott is in order.

Its the principal of it. Big or small dont actively try to mislead me.

vg260

Yikes. Are there even any "online modes" in this?

Wow. "Contrary to what's on the trailer". That's bad. It's one thing if they never mentioned anything, but you can't do that.

Onemic

Yikes. Are there even any "online modes" in this?

Wow. "Contrary to what's on the trailer". That's bad. It's one thing if they never mentioned anything, but you can't do that.

nope, just local. They lied about the whole thing.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah. That's my understanding of the terms. I'm not one to cry foul if something is assumed but not ever advertised, but they should have known better here.

I'd like to assume there was some miss communication with the marketing team. But it's still a major fuck up imo

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This is why we'll never see a Guilty Gear XXX.
ArcSys hates this franchise.

Yes that's why they took the time and effort to get the rights back.
Is GG the type of game with quarter circle motions ala street fighter or tapped out directions like mortal Kombat?

Quarter circles, half circles, half circle to foward, quarter circle back to half circle foward are all motions in the game

Busaiku

Yes that's why they took the time and effort to get the rights back.

Just so they can do a crossover.
But seriously, the games still pull in numbers, so they probably wanted that.

But then they don't give the home releases proper attention at all.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Seriously

It baffles me that Capcom has treated Darkstalkers better than ASW has treated GG this year.

Umm no they didnt. Unless you are just talking console ports only. An updated version of a game they didn't have to update at all is a bit more care than slapping some arcade roms onto a console and getting them to run.

But then they don't give the home releases proper attention at all.
This is shocking how? Arcades always get massive priority over consoles when it comes to ArcSys.

Umm no they didnt. Unless you are just talking console ports only. An updated version of a game they didn't have to update at all is a bit more care than slapping some arcade roms onto a console and getting them to run.
Console ports are the only things that matter to anyone outside of Japan and Resurrection is far and away the winner there.

Top Bottom