• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

ManaByte
Banned
(06-21-2005, 08:33 PM)
From IMDB, so take it with a grain of salt:
http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-06-21/#2

Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have signed to star in a second Batman movie, but love interest Katie Holmes has been dropped. Movie bosses are thrilled with the response to Batman Begins - it took $46.9 million in its first weekend at the US box office - and have snapped up the film's stars for a sequel. Bale as Batman was the first to put pen to paper, followed by Caine as butler Alfred and Freeman as Bruce Wayne's business associate Lucius Fox. But Holmes won't reprise her role as district attorney Rachel Dawes - reportedly because Warner Bros is angry her engagement to Tom Cruise has stolen media attention away from the movie. A source tells Pagesix.Com, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman." Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress. Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the Joker rather than Katie and Tom."

Bowser
(06-21-2005, 08:34 PM)
If true, YES!
border
wears the band's shirts to the band's concerts
can't comprehend the origin of terms
(06-21-2005, 08:36 PM)
Not only did they ditch her, but they dissed her in the process ("we're getting a stronger actress"). They are pretty clearly unhappy.

-1 for another "love interest" in a Batman movie. Can't they think of some better way to attract female moviegoers?

Any word on whether or not Christopher Nolan has been signed back?
Matlock
Banned
c'mon nicole kidman, return to the series
DarienA
The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
This move including the insult, approve of, I do.
Ikse
Damn, shouldnt have read that last sentence, haven't seen it yet.
Escape Goat
(06-21-2005, 08:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Matlock

c'mon nicole kidman, return to the series

How about a Tom Cruise free Batman movie? :P
JPRaup
Banned
(06-21-2005, 08:37 PM)
1 bitch down
hXc_thugg
(06-21-2005, 08:38 PM)
Liv Tyler as Talia! It must be done!
android
Theoretical Magician
(06-21-2005, 08:39 PM)

much stronger actress

:lol Kick her again
Regniws
(06-21-2005, 08:42 PM)
Tom Cruise has to be the dumbest person I know. I hope he doesnt' get any more movies, and he is forced to become whatever scientology people become. I have no idea, they might become human tree's or paper weights. Blah, I used to like both of them as professionals... not anymore, i'm tired of all this crap. Next Batman love interest will be one of the Bush twins, as dubya tries to get his hands more into the movie buisness
hXc_thugg
(06-21-2005, 08:42 PM)
mrmyth
(06-21-2005, 08:43 PM)

Yes! Soon she will have nothing left! Then I will consume her soul! Mwahahaahahaaahahaa1!111!

And what 's this I'm hearing about Scarlett Johansen getting booted off the next Mission Impossible movie after Cruise ambushed her with a bunch of Scientologists at dinner and she booked? Seems like everybody's willing to spill the dirt nowadays.

Travolta, you're next. You still owe me penance for Battlefield Earth.
trippingmartian
Banned
(06-21-2005, 08:44 PM)
Rachel Dawes basically added nothing to the story. It's almost like they shot the movie, screened it, realized it was "kinda gay" and shot the Dawes scenes later and spliced them in.
Dan
Currently boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
(06-21-2005, 08:44 PM)

Originally Posted by hXc_thugg

*barf* We want a step up, not a step down.
=W=
(06-21-2005, 08:47 PM)

Originally Posted by mrmyth

And what 's this I'm hearing about Scarlett Johansen getting booted off the next Mission Impossible movie after Cruise ambushed her with a bunch of Scientologists at dinner and she booked? Seems like everybody's willing to spill the dirt nowadays.

Seriously? Got a link? :lol

i luvs me some scarlett
Aruarian Reflection
Chauffeur de la gdlk
(06-21-2005, 08:47 PM)
Good riddance! :)
ManaByte
Banned
(06-21-2005, 08:48 PM)

Originally Posted by hXc_thugg

No, Zeta Jones as Talia.

And...

"Didn't you get the memo?"
heavy liquid

"She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress.

:lol Good. She was the weakest link in the film.
Particle Physicist
between a quark and a baryon

Originally Posted by DarienA

This move including the insult, approve of, I do.

im kinda feeling a bit bad for her. that was quite harsh.
Ryck
Is Oldman signed on for the sequel?
Ghost
Chili Con Carnage!
(06-21-2005, 08:49 PM)
Right then, lets stop focusing on who will play the Joker and concentrate on who will play the love interest!

Everyone i want from a *fap* point of view cant really act (Alba), Kidman is a little too old for Bale me thinks.

Im gonna vote for Jessica Biel

(Theres a much better image if you search for Biel on google but im affraid to post it)

Sure she cant really act either but she's so pretty i dont care.

Actually screw that, i forgot about the Scarlett thing, use her, she can actually act.
Last edited by Ghost; 06-21-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Bowser
(06-21-2005, 08:52 PM)

Originally Posted by ManaByte

No, Zeta Jones as Talia.

*thumbs up*
Kung Fu Jedi
(06-21-2005, 08:54 PM)
Anyone seen this article over at Foxnews.com??

Very interesting read. I have to say that I was one of the people who didn't feel ths was a publicity stunt, but the story does get stranger and stranger all the time. Disappearing for 16 Days seems extremely odd for someone who has a high profile life and a regeimented schedule. Than again, perhaps they hit it off right away, one thing led to another, and the two shacked up for two weeks screwing like rabbits. ;)
Ryck

Originally Posted by Ghost

(Theres a much better image if you search for Biel on google but im affraid to post it)

You are a good man.......
tedtropy
$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Why would Warner Bros. diss an actress's performance in a movie that's theirs and still fricken' playing in theaters? Seems a little counter-productive.
Brian Fellows
Pete Carroll Owns Me
(06-21-2005, 08:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Bowser

*thumbs up*

Yeah that gets three thumbs up from me. Oh that one isnt a thumb my bad.
Willco
Hollywood Square

Originally Posted by trippingmartian

Rachel Dawes basically added nothing to the story. It's almost like they shot the movie, screened it, realized it was "kinda gay" and shot the Dawes scenes later and spliced them in.

Except not.

I've been saying this all along...

Originally Posted by Willco on 06-15-2005

I find it hilarious that in every interview I see, Christian Bale praises the entire cast of Batman Begins -- except Katie Holmes. I get the feeling that Warner Bros. and the rest of the cast are kind of annoyed with her and Tom Cruise as well.

Originally Posted by Willco on 06-15-2005

Before this whole Tom Cruise/Scientology/Fucking Up the Press Junket tear Katie Holmes has been on, Warner Bros. wanted to keep her on for the sequels. Since the D.A. is now dead, it gives an entrance for Harvey Dent, who'd they'd like to build up for the final trilogy installment and rumors circulated of her having a relationship with Dent. Love triangle. Woo!

Although, her recent tailspin into publicity cancer, going as far to recommend War of the Worlds on a talk show when she was supposed to be promoting Batman, might scare top brass at WB out of it.

Originally Posted by tedtropy

Why would Warner Bros. diss an actress's performance in a movie that's still fricken' playing in theaters? Seems a little counter-productive.

Because it's not on the record, fool. Nobody is going to come out and say it, but we've all heard whispers that they're unhappy with her since before the movie was released and now they're just getting louder and louder.
Ghost
Chili Con Carnage!

You are a good man.......

You think thats good, search for Jolie. (NSFW)
Escape Goat
(06-21-2005, 08:57 PM)
Jolie as Harley Quinn ;)
Brian Fellows
Pete Carroll Owns Me
(06-21-2005, 08:58 PM)

Originally Posted by tedtropy

Why would Warner Bros. diss an actress's performance in a movie that's still fricken' playing in theaters? Seems a little counter-productive.

Because nobody read this shit but us.
trippingmartian
Banned
(06-21-2005, 08:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Willco

Except not.

Explain.
Willco
Hollywood Square
(06-21-2005, 09:00 PM)

Explain.

She was written in the script from the beginning.
AB 101
Banned
(06-21-2005, 09:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Brian Fellows

Yeah that gets three thumbs up from me. Oh that one isnt a thumb my bad.

3 thumbs and a penis from me. :D
ManaByte
Banned
(06-21-2005, 09:02 PM)

Explain.

She was in even the earliest drafts of the script.
trippingmartian
Banned
(06-21-2005, 09:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Willco

She was written in the script from the beginning.

My post was hyperbole. I was making a point.
Ryck
(06-21-2005, 09:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Ghost

You think thats good, search for Jolie. (NSFW)

:) They are damn near perfect
Particle Physicist
between a quark and a baryon
(06-21-2005, 09:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Kung Fu Jedi

Anyone seen this article over at Foxnews.com??

thats actually pretty freaky . i wonder where her friend is?
Kung Fu Jedi
(06-21-2005, 09:13 PM)

Originally Posted by quadriplegicjon

thats actually pretty freaky . i wonder where her friend is?

Yeah, it is kinda freaky. Makes you wonder if they were subjecting her to some sort of Scientology brainwashing session. For her to expunge everyone from her life like that so abruptly is really odd to say the least, and puts a different spin on all this talk about their relationship.

Edit: It was also interesting that there was a producer in New York, who she knew and worked with, who was "too afraid to discuss" the questions.
trippingmartian
Banned
(06-21-2005, 09:14 PM)
It might explain the photo of her looking like she got punched in the mouth.
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats
(06-21-2005, 09:16 PM)
Tom Cruise is fucking psycho.
sol5377
(06-21-2005, 09:22 PM)
If anything, they should get Jessica Biel to be Batman's love interest *and* be Clayface at the same time!

2 birds... 1 big, fat ass stone.
Prine
HAHAHA, go WARNER!
Shaheed79
dabbled in the jelly
This is great for me because she was definitely one of my complaints of the first movie. The relationship was too sappy and she acted more like a mentor when she was the exact same age as Bale's character. I'm not sexist but I think I would prefered an older actress in the role if she was going to try to teach Bruce so many "lessons" and also be non-romantic.
mrmyth
(06-21-2005, 09:28 PM)

Originally Posted by =W=

Seriously? Got a link? :lol

i luvs me some scarlett

http://www.eitb24.com/noticia_en.php?id=70480
Cold-Steel
Nintendo's Anne Frank
(Don't look in the attic, Drinky.)
(06-21-2005, 09:34 PM)
Man, more Scarlett is a good thing.

I'm going to see The Island just for her.
Kung Fu Jedi
(06-21-2005, 09:35 PM)
I for one do not want to see Scarlett as the love interret in the next Batman. Don't get me wrong, I think she is hot, and a better acctress than Katie Holmes, but she is far too young for Bruce Wayne. She's four or five years younger than Holmes. We need someone who is older and can match the rest of the cast in their acting chops.
Cold-Steel
Nintendo's Anne Frank
(Don't look in the attic, Drinky.)
(06-21-2005, 09:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Kung Fu Jedi

I for one do not want to see Scarlett as the love interret in the next Batman. Don't get me wrong, I think she is hot, and a better acctress than Katie Holmes, but she is far too young for Bruce Wayne. She's four or five years younger than Holmes. We need someone who is older and can match the rest of the cast in their acting chops.

Bruce is a player. He can buy cars, hotels...and GIRLS!

It doesn't matter!
android
Theoretical Magician
(06-21-2005, 09:44 PM)
Scarlett should get a reward for deflecting the Cruise missle.
shuri
The Harry Potter girl
(06-21-2005, 09:46 PM)
Let's hope that they get blacklisted.