- Call of Duty: Ghosts. Activision toyed with Call of Duty: Phantoms, but settled on Ghosts.
- Steering away from "Modern Warfare" to start its own thing, though is still kinda Modern Warfare 4.
- Set in the future, kind of like Black Ops, but with current generation weaponry. Some plot event forces people of that time period to use our generation weapons.
- Dynamic loading screens, as in the traditional loading countdown is replaced with some kind of animated sequence (rappel in from chopper, sneak in, etc).
- Movement changes. Dash->slide+shooting. Corner peeking. Prone left/right roll.
- Spec Ops gone, replaced with new mode.
- Team aiming for more destructive environments. Working in single player, but team is having some issues with implementing it in multiplayer.
- Launching only on next generation consoles: NextBox, PlayStation 4, and PC. [Note: See next two quotes, this was from a different source as the rest of the information.]
- Reveal sometime around the start of May.
I believe that was a rumour from a different source in the OP. The main bulk of info came from one guy, and the next-gen only thing came from another.
Yeah, I just listened to it again. He says the platform rumour did "not come from this source, but someone else", so it should be considered separate.
Boxart from TESCO:
he seems to be right..
Originally Posted by Goldrusher
For whatever it's worth (sorry if this was already covered), the Target ad for May 5th-May 11th leaked over at the Blu-Ray forums, and it includes info on a Ghosts pre-order.