• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(03-25-2013, 01:35 PM)
https://twitter.com/Atlus_jp/status/316134062504943616
https://twitter.com/Atlus_jp/status/316134183670013952

先ほどリツイート致しましたが、3DS用RPG『世界樹の迷宮IV』から約9か月シリーズの新たな展開が、いよいよ今週発表されます!
詳しくは今週の週刊ファミ通4月11日増刊号(3月28日発売)に掲載されますので、ぜひご覧くださいね。そしてそして

---

なんと、『デビルサバイバー2』でも新たな展開が発表!!
世界樹の新展開発表と同じ号の詳しくは今週の週刊ファミ通4月11日増刊号(3月28日発売)に、情報が掲載予定です。
【アトラスから、スクープ2連発!】元気にお届けいたしますので、コンゴトモヨロシクお願い申し上げます。

The Atlus Japan Twitter account confirms that this week's Famitsu will have a scoop on the upcoming 3DS Devil Survivor 2 title due this Summer, but it also further teases that there will be a new announcement for the Etrian Odyssey series as well.

So there will be two Atlus scoops this week in Famitsu, and depending on when the news leaks, we could know as early as tomorrow.
Spiegel
(03-25-2013, 01:38 PM)
Seems too soon for a new EO game.

EDIT

But there were only 12 months between the first and the second EO on the DS, so I guess it can be EO5.
Eusis
(03-25-2013, 01:39 PM)
Maybe the FM album isn't dead!

Would they tease a music CD this way?
duckroll
(03-25-2013, 01:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Spiegel

Seems too soon for a new EO game.

EO1: 2007-01-18
EO2: 2008-02-21
EO3: 2010-04-01
EO4: 2012-07-05

Maybe they've found a way to go back to the one-year cycle. >_<

Originally Posted by Eusis

Maybe the FM album isn't dead!

Would they tease a music CD this way?

Nah, it's definitely a game. Maybe not EO5, but it's a game.
StreetsAhead
Surely it's too early for Etrian Odyssey V?

Etrian Odyssey U? Vita? PS3 :P
AdventureMike
I love me some Etrian Odyssey so I'll be interested to see.

This seems too soon though!
vall03
Excited for this, can't say no to a new Etrian Odyssey game!
Herb Alpert
Release the 4 in Europe first godammit!
Hero of Legend
(03-25-2013, 01:41 PM)
4 is the highest seller so far right? And it was out last summer right? I guess it's 5 it can be out in the summer or fall. I guess the first three weren't that close to one another?

Edit: Ducky put up the dates, 3 did come two years after 2, but 2 was just over a year after the first.

The two years between 3 and 4 were the gen shift.
spiritfox
Oh shit.
duckroll

Originally Posted by Hero of Legend

4 is the highest seller so far right? And it was out last summer right? I guess it's 5 it can be out in the summer or fall. I guess the first three weren't that close to one another?

I think EO2 remains the best selling title in the franchise.
cw_sasuke
(03-25-2013, 01:42 PM)
EO 1 Remake for WiiU.

I kid. But I doubt it's another 3DS title for this summer.

Originally Posted by Herb Alpert

Release the 4 in Europe first godammit!

Why would the give a damn ? It's not like EO4 gets worse just because another one gets announced for Japan - this isn't Fifa.
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(03-25-2013, 01:43 PM)
My vote goes to dlc, and I'll buy every bit of it.
Hero of Legend
(03-25-2013, 01:44 PM)

Originally Posted by ULTROS!

Maybe an enhanced collection for the 3DS or a port?

THIS would be ace. Would that make the reprint redundant? Maybe not, that just scored Atlus extra sales.
kurahador
(03-25-2013, 01:44 PM)
Could be an iOS or facebook version.
ColtraineGF
(03-25-2013, 01:45 PM)
Yes, more EO goodness, please. Though to have to wait another year here...
Psycho_Mantis
(03-25-2013, 01:46 PM)
Port to PSV/PS3/WiiU?
Cosmo Clock 21

Originally Posted by kurahador

Could be an iOS or facebook version.

They already made a GREE version, don't know how much lower you can sink from that...
tuffy
Now that they've got an engine for the 3DS, I wouldn't be surprised to see another title relatively quickly. It'd be like the EO1 -> EO2 turnaround all over again.
Aquamarine
Banned

Originally Posted by duckroll

Maybe they've found a way to go back to the one-year cycle. >_<

EO5: 2013-08-08

Now that they have the 3DS engine in place, churning out sequels will be no problem at all.
Yonafunu
(03-25-2013, 01:48 PM)
Are EO games Nintendo exclusives?
kswiston
If this is EO5, I wonder if Altus will release it in the US after EO4's sub 15k debut month. Perhaps as an eShop only title...
Mpl90
Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Well, EOIV has been announced on February 21st last year, and then it released at the beginning of July. So, we're over an year after EOIV's announcement; I think it can perfectly be EOV.
Aquamarine
Banned

Originally Posted by kswiston

If this is EO5, I wonder if Altus will release it in the US after EO4's sub 15k debut month. Perhaps as an eShop only title...

That only tracked like 3 days of sales.
duckroll
(03-25-2013, 01:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Yonafunu

Are EO games Nintendo exclusives?

They work best with a second screen which is also a touchscreen. Other than that, there's no other reason why the series is exclusive to the DS and 3DS.
Mpl90
(03-25-2013, 01:49 PM)

Sub 15k in 5 days for a very niche title like EO4 is a good debut.
Soriku
(03-25-2013, 01:50 PM)

Only 3 days tracked + we're missing digital sales. I doubt the other titles fared much better.
Eusis
(03-25-2013, 01:51 PM)

Well, it was a long shot anyway.

I think EO2 remains the best selling title in the franchise.

Kind of ironic from my end, as it's the ONLY entry I didn't get ASAP or close enough, but got for $20 when Fry's was starting to get rid of them, may've been the last copy too actually. Even among the niche I guess my own buying habits don't really reflect the majority.

Anyways, I wonder if it's a quick sequel if they're just doing it like EOII where they throw together a new on fast, then let it lay dormant for a few years again? 3DS does make it novel, and it'd be nice if it were truly 3D rather than making the whole polygonal part of the game a single flat layer.

Originally Posted by Soriku

Only 3 days tracked + we're missing digital sales. I doubt the other titles fared much better.

If that's from 3 days tracked then it probably did OK, about in line with most Atlus releases anyway. We'll almost certainly see the next on physically, I can't think of a single Japanese release of Atlus's we got digital only, whether it's a directive from Japan or whatever I don't think they're going to go that route, not very soon anyway.
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(03-25-2013, 01:54 PM)
iOS port
Javier
(03-25-2013, 01:55 PM)
Etrian Odyssey for Wii U. It's the title referenced in EO4 where you can "Save Data for Future Games".
mocolostrocolos
(03-25-2013, 01:56 PM)
I can't wait to have my ass kicked by a Butterfly again.
kswiston
(03-25-2013, 01:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Mpl90

Sub 15k in 5 days for a very niche title like EO4 is a good debut.

Wasn't aware that it was released so close to the end of the tracking period, but based on dozens of other games released at the end of a month, it would have maybe done twice that if it had the full 4 weeks. Those first few days are key, even moreso for niche titles that are only going to be purchased by hardcore genre fans.

Anyhow, I will admit that I have no idea how well the other EO titles did in the US. 15k or even 30k sounds extremely low, but maybe it is in line with the previous titles as you say.
Eusis
(03-25-2013, 01:59 PM)

Wasn't aware that it was released so close to the end of the tracking period, but based on dozens of other games released at the end of a month, it would have maybe done twice that if it had the full 4 weeks. Those first few days are key, even moreso for niche titles that are only going to be purchased by hardcore genre fans.

Anyhow, I will admit that I have no idea how well the other EO titles did in the US. 15k or even 30k sounds extremely low, but maybe it is in line with the previous titles as you say.

I recall the first Disgaea being a smash success at a paltry 50k. Yeah, the metric for success is VERY different, just looking at the games and stopping to think how much they REALLY cost should make it clear that they can succeed on far less.
duckroll
(03-25-2013, 01:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Eusis

Well, it was a long shot anyway.

They could still revive the FM arrange album to promote a future title. Don't give up, keep believing! We have to... :(
Mpl90
(03-25-2013, 02:02 PM)
There are also some tweets from the official EOIV twitter account. Someone could translate them?

https://twitter.com/SekaQIV

みなさん、おひさしぶりです!『世界樹の迷宮IV』から約9か月、シリーズの新たな展開が今週発表されます。
詳しくは今週の週刊ファミ通4月11日増刊号(3月28日発売)をぜひご覧くださいね。
そして、その新展開の中心人物である、ディレクターの小森からコメントをもらっています。

【小森D】みなさま、こんばんは。世界樹Ⅲから約3年。自身がデ
ィレクターとして開発したゲームがやっと完成間近となりました。
新しい世界樹を目指し様々な試みを加えた意欲作ですので、世界樹
を好きな人も、そうでない人も、今週28日発売のファミ通に注目
して頂けると嬉しいです!

Hero of Legend
(03-25-2013, 02:02 PM)
Etrian Odyssey U would be fucking epic as it'd be the first JP-exclusive (minus Family Party...), and the Wii U's first JRPG.

I know they're doing FExSMT, but would they be already able to bring EO to Wii U?
Aeana
Medal Princess
(03-25-2013, 02:06 PM)
I think this announcement will make some people go "wut."
mclem
(03-25-2013, 02:06 PM)

Originally Posted by ULTROS!

Maybe an enhanced collection for the 3DS or a port?

My thoughts. I'd lean slightly more towards 1-3 for 3DS rather than a port to another platform, but it'll give them an opportunity to catch up in Europe with the missing titles, too.

That said, there's an argument that bundling 1-3 together is simply too much game!
Mpl90
(03-25-2013, 02:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Aeana

Mmmmmh. Wii U, so.
mclem
(03-25-2013, 02:08 PM)

Etrian Odyssey match-3 for iOS, then.

Or Etrian Odyssey X... let's say Greendog.
StreetsAhead
(03-25-2013, 02:09 PM)

There are also some tweets from the official EOIV twitter account. Someone could translate them?

みなさん、おひさしぶりです!『世界樹の迷宮IV』から約9か月、シリーズの新たな展開が今週発表されます。
詳しくは今週の週刊ファミ通4月11日増刊号(3月28日発売)をぜひご覧くださいね。
そして、その新展開の中心人物である、ディレクターの小森からコメントをもらっています。

Long time no see everyone! It's been nine months now since the release of "Etrian Odyssey IV", and we will announce the next development in the series this week.
Details will be in this week's April 11 Famitsu (released March 28th), so please take a look.
We also have a comment from one of the main people involved with this new development, Mr. Komori, the director.

【小森D】みなさま、こんばんは。世界樹Ⅲから約3年。自身がデ
ィレクターとして開発したゲームがやっと完成間近となりました。
新しい世界樹を目指し様々な試みを加えた意欲作ですので、世界樹
を好きな人も、そうでない人も、今週28日発売のファミ通に注目
して頂けると嬉しいです!

[Mr. Komori] Good evening everyone. It's been three years since EOIII. The next game that I have been working with as director is nearing its completion.
We have aimed to make a 'new' EO, with many experiments, so I will be glad if not only EO fans, but also those who have not been in the past, will take a look at the announcement on the 28th!
Last edited by StreetsAhead; 03-25-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Brazil

Dat Wii U Etrian Odyssey.
Hero of Legend

Doesn't sound pleasant...
Aquamarine
Banned
(03-25-2013, 02:10 PM)

The new Famitsu (March 28th) will have "new developments in the series" because it's been "9 months since Etrian Odyssey 4." So we'll know in three days.
Mpl90
(03-25-2013, 02:10 PM)
What if it's a fighting game with the characters from the main titles? That would make some people go "wut" now that I think about it.

Me included
duckroll
(03-25-2013, 02:11 PM)

The first tweet is just the same stuff about how there's an announcement on a new devlopment for the EO series in this week's Famitsu. The second tweet is more interesting. It's from "Director Komori" who says it has been 3 years since EO3 (he directed EO3), and a new game of his is nearing completion. He asks both fans and non-fans to look forward to this new direction for EO they're aiming for. Komori is also the scenario writer for EO1 iirc.
Spiegel
(03-25-2013, 02:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Brazil

Dat Wii U Etrian Odyssey.

That doesn't sound like wut to me.

It's obviously an Animal Crossing clone for the PS4 using the EO license.
spiritfox
(03-25-2013, 02:12 PM)

What if it's a fighting game with the characters from the main titles? That would make some people go "wut" now that I think about it.

Me included

Etrian Odyssey Arena! Featuring guest stars from Trauma Center.

Hopefully it's not a console EO. I like the fact that I can play the game anywhere. It makes grinding easier.
duckroll
(03-25-2013, 02:12 PM)

Originally Posted by StreetsAhead

Long time no see everyone! It's been nine months now since the release of "Etrian Odyssey IV", and we will announce the next development in the series this week.
Details will be in this week's April 11 Famitsu (released March 28th), so please take a look.
We also have a comment from one of the main people involved with this new development, Mr. Kobayashi, the director.

[Mr. Kobayashi] Good evening everyone. It's been three years since EOIII. The next game that I have been working with as director is nearing its completion.
We have aimed to make a 'new' EO, with many experiments, so I will be glad if not only EO fans, but also those who have not been in the past, will take a look at the announcement on the 28th!

His name is Komori. >_<