• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2013 - Malmö, Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritz

Honestly after having listened to Glorious a lot it's really not a copy of Euphoria. Yeah it's somewhat similar but that's more an effect of the genre I think. I really doubt Cascada made that song after listening to Euphoria, and they had to audition like everyone else (I think?).

I'm surprised Romania didn't try to send Inna like they tried last year.

I don't believe they've made a copy on purpose, that would be just beyond stupid. But that they didn't realize how fucking similar the songs are amazes me. I mean when they peformed it at the pre-elections I was like: "guys, Loreen is backstage right now!" She must have been pretty bumbed.

Fritz

I actually don't hate the Finnish entry this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR3pKGRNexY

It's super cheesy but it's also a pretty good Katy Perry pop song with some self parody and Eurovision ding dongs. Could be worse.

I love the message

tumblr_m4vau49FSE1qgu8oa.gif

Lach

I still can't believe that we (switzerland) decided to send the Salvation Army! At least the ESC people denied them to perform in uniform or even use the name....Still feels very wrong..

Tegris

I was a bit shocked when I saw the BBC were sending Bonnie, to be honest - she was on TV here for some variety show a couple of years ago, and she sounded awful. Not that she was ever technically very good, of course, but she could still belt out strong power ballads to pretty good effect. These days, though... I'm not sure that any amount of mixing or choreography is going to save her.

Norway's is pretty boss, I hope it wins. Montenegro's is good for a laugh too.

Yeah, I've listened to all of the songs already :(

Fritz

Kinda unfair, Iceland is sending an Elf.

I kinda like Malta. Singer seems to be pretty obnoxious though.

Denmark´s entry is brilliant, but the same was with the last 2 years. Europe keep rejecting great music.

Are you kidding me? Go listen to Euphoria by Loreen right now.

Anyway, I've heard Sweden, Germany, and Romania. I like Sweden but it's no Euphoria, I like Glorious, and I hate Romania's entry.

Euforia is shit, and Europe´s taste in music is shit for choosing it.

Majine

Banned
Yohio should have won!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU0SB_jhSss

Actually I dont care, but from what I have heard on the radio I like Yohio better than You which sucks ass

YOHIO.jpg

Yohio-sama should've won by the virtue of getting the most votes from the swedish people. But because we are so fucking tryhard when it comes to Eurovision, that was apparently only 50% of the total votes. The rest was from a european judge group, which put Yohio near the bottom. Well.

waypoetic

Banned
Why is it in Malmö? That's like hosting American Idol in Detroit.

Getting Malmö a good rep and not have the world media just focus on the immigration issues, i guess. Gothenburg was supposed to be hosting at first but there was some bullshit excuses.

... And no. Yohio shouldn't have won. That song is far too simple and Yohio is far from the singer Robin Stjernberg is.

Bonnie Tyler for the UK?!? What's with this recent trend of starring people I've actually heard of in Eurovision??

Oh, and others have already said: can't wait, aww two months off etc.

K.Sabot

Only song I've liked so far is France's entry, it's pretty basic chamber pop with Adele voice, but it's better than all the sappy slow orchestrated love songs.

I saw Finland's entry and prayed it was a St. Vincent cover, was heartily disappointed.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Bonnie Tyler for the UK? Oh my, will be surprised if we get over 50 points

Still, I look forward to getting off my face when watching this. Praying I dont have an exam in the next couple of days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom