• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Tizoc
(03-28-2013, 01:16 PM)
Was this brought up yet?

Space Marine, de Blob 2 and Red Faction Guerrilla can no longer be found on the EU webstore.
I expect the same to happen on US PSN as well, so if you have any interest in at least RFG or de Blob 2 better grab them US PSN asap as I expect the same to happen there.

Space Marine is now published by SEGA as it was part of a discounted bundle on Gamersgate, so hopefully it'll show up on PSN again in the near future.
LiK
(03-28-2013, 01:18 PM)
Expected, gotta get rid of those THQ logos.
Munin
(03-28-2013, 01:19 PM)
Can someone tell me, have the publishing rights for existing titles been acquired with whoever bought THQ's entrails or is there a real risk of titles disappearing into the non-buyable void?
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(03-28-2013, 01:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Munin

Can someone tell me, have the publishing rights for existing titles been acquired with whoever bought THQ's entrails or is there a real risk of titles disappearing into the non-buyable void?

Space Marine is now a Sega title while the other games fall under the umbrella of THQ's legacy IPs and will be auctioned off soon.

Edit: Final bids are due April 15th.
fvng
(03-28-2013, 04:56 PM)
Is Jeopardy a THQ PSN title? I love game show games so I figure this might be my last chance
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(03-28-2013, 04:59 PM)
This implies someone might have bought Red Faction.
The_Hitcher89
(03-28-2013, 05:00 PM)
Where does this leave games that have been downloaded/bought, then deleted? Can they be redownloaded?
dallow_bg
nods at old men
(03-28-2013, 05:01 PM)
What THQ titles are there aren't aren't retail as well?
Wondering if I'm missing any digital titles.
Napalm_Frank
(03-28-2013, 05:01 PM)

Originally Posted by The_Hitcher89

Where does this leave games that have been downloaded/bought, then deleted? Can they be redownloaded?

You can prolly just download them from your download list. This has been the case for every game I have owned and has been removed.
MoxManiac
(03-28-2013, 05:03 PM)
Is there any danger of THQ titles disseapearing from Steam? I want the digital version of Titan Quest Gold but i've been waiting for a sale; but I don't want it to dissapear!
The_Hitcher89
(03-28-2013, 05:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Napalm_Frank

You can prolly just download them from your download list. This has been the case for every game I have owned and has been removed.

Does that mean the files are still on Sony servers, just not on the storefront?
blade85
(03-28-2013, 05:08 PM)

Yes

I can still re-download gran turismo HD :)
BibiMaghoo
(03-28-2013, 05:08 PM)

Originally Posted by MoxManiac

Is there any danger of THQ titles disseapearing from Steam? I want the digital version of Titan Quest Gold but i've been waiting for a sale; but I don't want it to dissapear!

Some of the titles have already updated on Steam, and show as being published by SEGA.

It may be the same with this, except they are pulling them before updating them. Anyone check their download list to see if the games they bought are still downloadable?

Have they gone from the list?
Totobeni
An blind dancing ho
(03-28-2013, 05:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Nirolak

if not Deep Silver/Volition,then this is not good :(
Napalm_Frank
(03-28-2013, 05:16 PM)

Yeah.

I had to do this when Silent Hill was removed from EU store for example. They keep that shit in there or they would have a LOT of angry customers.
JoshHood
(03-28-2013, 05:19 PM)
I'm reasonably sure we knew this was coming, hence why they all went on sale for stupid prices.
Tizoc
(03-28-2013, 07:06 PM)
It wouldve helped if they actually stated that the titles would be removed @_@
Wonder if space marine online will still run now i tried it after beating the game weeks ago and found a match easily
KillerTravis
Banned
(03-28-2013, 07:07 PM)
This will happen to Darksiders 2 on the eShop as well.
JaseC
(03-28-2013, 07:09 PM)

Are you a wizard?
Huff
(03-28-2013, 07:09 PM)
I think there is a thq sale going on right now on the NA PSN
LonelyGreyWolf
(03-28-2013, 07:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Munin

Originally Posted by JaseC

Space Marine is now a Sega title while the other games fall under the umbrella of THQ's legacy IPs and will be auctioned off soon.

Edit: Final bids are due April 15th.

Keep in mind though that some IP's of previously THQ-published games are owned by the developer and not by THQ. Metro is an example. Pretty sure the development studio itself own it.
JaseC
(03-28-2013, 07:13 PM)

Originally Posted by LonelyGreyWolf

Keep in mind though that some IP's of previously THQ-published games are owned by the developer and not by THQ. Metro is an example. Pretty sure the development studio itself own it.

Sure. I was just addressing the game's mentioned in the OP, which are owned by THQ.

Edit: I can see how that's unclear. I thought I'd quoted the OP. :p As far as Metro is concerned, the games are based upon the novels of the same name.
Last edited by JaseC; 03-28-2013 at 07:17 PM.
GulAtiCa
(03-28-2013, 07:31 PM)
Same with Wii U and Darksiders 2. (will be delisted on the 31st)
NotLiquid
(03-28-2013, 07:38 PM)

Originally Posted by GulAtiCa

Same with Wii U and Darksiders 2. (will be delisted on the 31st)

Yeah, looks to be the case.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...ter_31st_march

THQ removing titles from EU online platforms period, it seems.
ConradCervantes
(03-28-2013, 07:39 PM)
SHIT, I have yet to buy Guerilla!
Tizoc
(03-28-2013, 07:43 PM)

Originally Posted by ConradCervantes

SHIT, I have yet to buy Guerilla!

If you would like any assistance in getting it off US PSN, I could PM you.
ScrubJay
Guess this means I should redeem that Darksiders pass code and get that item sharing trophy pretty soon.
Aquamarine
GAF's Resident Waifu

THQ titles are in danger of disappearing worldwide. They're bankrupt...

Bankruptcy + Liquidation = titles go out of print, both physically and digitally.
MoxManiac
(03-28-2013, 11:36 PM)
So titan quest gold just went on sale today for 5 bucks on steam. Funny how that works!
LittleToaster
(03-29-2013, 01:06 AM)
Add-ons for Saints Row II, Saints Row The Third, Darksiders II, and Red Faction: Armageddon are gone as well from the EU store, including online passes for both versions of Saints Row The Third.
MrNyarlathotep
I find your lack of holistic synergy overviews disturbing
(03-29-2013, 01:08 AM)

So titan quest gold just went on sale today for 5 bucks on steam. Funny how that works!

Plus the current humble bundle weekly deal is a bunch of 'didn't get sold yet' THQ games
Persona7
(03-29-2013, 01:11 AM)
I wonder if the Saints Row DLC is going to be re-issued by Deep silver.
Samir Sedlar
(03-29-2013, 01:15 AM)
No way, even the DLCs removed ?!, I was thinking of buying a couple of DSII DLCs, Damn.
ConradCervantes
(03-29-2013, 01:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Tizoc

If you would like any assistance in getting it off US PSN, I could PM you.

I'm actually in US, but I need to get onto PSN and pick it up before THQ does the same here. Thanks for the generosity, however.
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(03-29-2013, 01:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Nirolak

Does geomod roll with the RF IP rights or no?
Grizzlyjin
(03-29-2013, 01:23 AM)
This is why I'm not excited about an all digital future. Games going out a print is one thing, you can just track down a copy at a used game store or ebay. Digital game gets yanked, you're shit out of luck unless you pirate it. Not advocating piracy in anyway, just happy we're getting disc based media for at least another generation.
Dawg
(03-29-2013, 01:25 AM)
Will Darksiders 2 disappear from the EU PSN Store as well? The €9,99 deal is pretty nice, but I know a lot of people who "will buy it eventually".
IdreamofHIME
Banned
(03-29-2013, 01:30 AM)
Like someone already said, some of this might be just removing THQ logos and replacing them like 2K adding theirs to WWE13.
Tizoc
(03-30-2013, 05:10 AM)

Originally Posted by IdreamofHIME

Like someone already said, some of this might be just removing THQ logos and replacing them like 2K adding theirs to WWE13.

I figured as much, will ask about it in the next EU or US PSN update.
eddfromtheriver
Banned
(03-30-2013, 05:19 AM)
I bought Costume Quest and it's DLC, for fear that they might take them down, seems like it was a sound decision.
JaseC
(03-30-2013, 05:27 AM)

Originally Posted by eddfromtheriver

I bought Costume Quest and it's DLC, for fear that they might take them down, seems like it was a sound decision.

Double Fine owns Costume Quest. It may be temporarily pulled once THQ's current publishing contract expires (if it hasn't already -- I don't use PSN/XBLA these days), but Double Fine itself could just put it back up.
Totobeni
An blind dancing ho
(03-30-2013, 05:36 AM)

Originally Posted by Dawg

Will Darksiders 2 disappear from the EU PSN Store as well? The €9,99 deal is pretty nice, but I know a lot of people who "will buy it eventually".

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...ter_31st_march

I guess it's the same situation on all platforms.

but well.. there is always the boxed copies and they are dirt cheap. (old ways are best)
eddfromtheriver
Banned
(03-30-2013, 05:41 AM)

Originally Posted by JaseC

Double Fine owns Costume Quest. It may be temporarily pulled once THQ's current publishing contract expires (if it hasn't already -- I don't use PSN/XBLA these days), but Double Fine itself could just put it back up.

Oh well, they were on my "to buy" list anyways, and the PS+ discount was quite sweet, unfortunately the DLC was more costly than the actual game.
maltrain
(03-30-2013, 05:44 AM)
What if you bought a game and you deleted it?

You lose it forever?
Tizoc
(03-30-2013, 05:52 AM)

Originally Posted by maltrain

What if you bought a game and you deleted it?

You lose it forever?

On PSN a game you bought would always be in your download list, so if you remove it from your HDD, you should still be able to get it via the download list.
maltrain
(03-30-2013, 06:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Tizoc

On PSN a game you bought would always be in your download list, so if you remove it from your HDD, you should still be able to get it via the download list.

Oh, sure, I know that... but I thought that the game would be deleted from the system...