• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Azure J

This is what fear looks like :
u0HJtnW.png

Prepare yourselves. Divekicks come to Skullgirls.

Again, UNACCEPTABLE.

iTiXfT7SC7lKt.png

TheOGB

Banned
Squiggly is a technical juggernaut, I cannot fucking wait. If those stances cancel themselves to neutral as fast as it looks, she has one of my favorite aspects of C.Viper locked up into herself. Also, she has UNACCEPTABLE.

I already know what team I want to try messing with, Eliza/Squiggly. Eliza's blood pools with Squiggly's singing stage refocus as an assist? Shenanigans out of the ass.
Team Music/DLC ain't nothin to fuck with

Soulstar

Man I'm loving everything about Squigly. I said this before somewhere but I am so maining her. Each new thing they show for her looks right up my alley.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Take it from a Viper player in Mahvel, she is.

Ex Thunderknuckle the character. I'm fully aware of her fairness. lol.

Squigly just keeps looking better and better every week. I usually fumble stance-based characters entirely, but goddammit, I'll learn for her.

I'm in the same boat. I'm kind of ass with stance characters, but she seems simple enough to get a grasp of.

Azure J

Thanks Moonlight.

What was shown?

A few more of her normals getting filled in, she has a divekick, block/pushblock animations added, and her stances. Stances currently have two levels to them

- Whip stance
-- Triggered with QCF+K (?)
-- Level one stance has her wield Leviathan taught
-- Level two stance has her whirl Leviathan around

(Forgot the name of this one) stance
-- Triggered with QCF+P (?)
-- Level 1 can be canceled at any time into neutral (feints)
-- Level 2 can be held, if you dash with a level 1 or the initial input, you get a Level 2 free

More stuff.

Sorry, I suck at news reporting, but I did look at it and see mixups and stuff visually that'd make her a really powerful upclose type just because mixup layers and layers.

Goldenboy882

Neo Member
That is all just fine, Azure J. Thanks a bunch to anyone who answered!

Did someone say Viper? Squigly has been my favorite from the very beginning, but now my interest in her has doubled.

Chindogg

You better watch out! People in the Fighting Game
Marvel
thread will talk about how creepy you and everyone in here is!

I like the piece, specifically the background, but I think taller building would help the noir feel.

So we're just going to be condescending dicks about it. Way to be inclusive to people who play more than one game. BTW I don't play Marvel.

The picture doesn't bother me but I am curious as to the point of a gratuitous panty shot of a what appears to be a 12-15 year girl. Whatever though, if it floats your boat.

Risette

A Good Citizen
So we're just going to be condescending dicks about it. Way to be inclusive to people who play more than one game. BTW I don't play Marvel.

The picture doesn't bother me but I am curious as to the point of a gratuitous panty shot of a what appears to be a 12-15 year girl. Whatever though, if it floats your boat.
Would you rather she wear nothing at all

Jintor

Nothing at all!

Nothing at all!

Nothing at all!

I gotta say I don't really think it's that great lol. There's not even a good reason for the shot, no dynamic pose or anything

I'll get to work on an archive of today's Salty Cupcakes later on. It has been a looong night.

I totally fucking called it on Annie having a grand viper that looks like the three pillars of creation. I need that Colbert gif STAT.
The blue asteroid is clearly the Skullheart turned to stone after fulfilling some poor sap's wish. It'll sit in some random place for seven years before reactivating.

I think it's a dragonball. :eek:
Marvel

I like the piece, specifically the background, but I think taller building would help the noir feel.
Any little thing is a repellent when it comes to this game. He made the right move.

LOL @ the spoiler.
Saw this a few days ago and saved it immediately due to the Mutio palette. Truly the best mermaid.

NEO0MJ

Marvel

Is it really so wrong that some people can be bothered by the sight of a 12 year old showing off her panty?

K.Sabot

Is it really so wrong that some people can be bothered by the sight of a 12 year old showing off her panty?

It was nothing too big, I just remember a discussion in the FGC general a couple days ago about how they were avoiding this thread because some people creeped them out.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Jintor if you look at minette's eyes in that the way the guy drew them it looks like something made her snap and she's about to go crazy :lol

Jintor

I'm having a hell of a time just stealing sailor moon poses and trying to badassif them with Annie

Of course, depending on which franchise you steal from Sailor Moon poses can already inherently be badass

Thores

Just realized something re: the "which cast member is a crossdresser" speculation a few pages back:

Annie's profile said:
As popular figures in nationwide folktales, a children's television adaptation of Annie and Sagan's adventures was inevitable. The show's success lies in its pair of live action hosts, who are as convincing as their cartoon counterparts. Though what the public learns about the real Annie might surprise them.

Someone already pointed out the potential context of what "surprise" might mean but I noticed something else.

Annie's profile HAS NO PRONOUNS. It is the only profile on the 3rd character page this fact applies to.

Raxus

Just realized something re: the "which cast member is a crossdresser" speculation a few pages back:

Someone already pointed out the potential context of what "surprise" might mean but I noticed something else.

Annie's profile HAS NO PRONOUNS. It is the only profile on the 3rd character page this fact applies to.

Shhhhh. Don't spoil the surprise
Annie totally has a penis. I guess a guy made it in afterall mwhahaha.

NEO0MJ

What?

Annie is a seasoned fighter who has been around for a long time, acquiring many skills and powers along the way. Her sword is forged from a meteorite and can channel the power of the stars in its sweeping cleaves. Her right eye bonds her to her Remote Parasite and partner, Sagan, who grants her powers of a galactic motif. While some of her abilities carry more of a sparkly magical girl motif, Annie tries to execute them with the same sternness.

Plenty of her and she mentioned there. But Annie is probably the most likely candidate, kids have an easier time dressing up as the other sex and pulling it off.

Thores

The hell did that crossdresser speculation even come from

It was posted as fact sometime yesterday, I'd search for the post if I wasn't using GAF mobile right now. I don't remember any source being cited/mentioned so it could have just been meant to be presented as a discussion topic, or trolling.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
This is what fear looks like :
u0HJtnW.png

Prepare yourselves. Divekicks come to Skullgirls.

Fear's cute, but a little sketchy.

With the amount of air-dash-on-hit shenanigans in this game, a divekick actually seems kinda... mundane, in comparision.

However, Squigs seems great overall, really glad her (and Bands) entry wasn't tied to a vote!

Ooo, love the Amalia palette, Go Wakfu! Mutio is also fantastic, that's the kind of anime-tribute I could support. The rest are quite nice too. I love how many varities of Roll can be made from her outfit.

She has so many cool parts to play with for colors. One of my favorite things about her design.

Thores

What?

Plenty of her and she mentioned there. But Annie is probably the most likely candidate, kids have an easier time dressing up as the other sex and pulling it off.

Oops, probably should have reread the playstyle speculation. Though I guess that could possibly be explained as the synopsis and playstyle being written by different people (I think?).

Beckx

Marvel

I'll own being the person who spoke up in FGW, and it wasn't about the Annie pic, it was about the rape-art discussion. Though, yes, I have no interest in seeing most of the Annie art. Also, Solar already called me out in the FGW thread for not bringing that issue up here, and he's right. Next time I'll raise my objection here, because the former has no place here.

I know a lot of people have no issue with any of that. To which all I can say is that you are you and I am me.

--------------------------------------

That morning call-out aside, I passed out during Salty Cupcakes. What's the good word?

Top Bottom