• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoh Yoshinari's Little Witch Academia: "Awesome free cartoon on Youtube"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

The Kickstarter for Little Witch Academia 2 is now live.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1311401276/little-witch-academia-2

The project is currently planned to be 20 minutes long, but if they reach their goal of $150,000 by August 7, it'll get an extra 15 minutes of running time.

Key pledge tier levels:
$20
Digital download of LWA2 and artbook

$50
Standard Blu-ray of LWA2 and printed artbook + digital versions

$100
Limited edition Blu-ray of LWA2 + printed artbook + film reel cut from the episode + digital versions

Good to see the project is happening regardless, which is really cool. However, i am totally in at 50 dollars for this. I want that extra 15 minutes.

Coreda

Currently watching the first episode and it's a fun and enjoyable little pilot, and had more charm (no pun intended) than I was expecting, really. Outside of Ghibli films I don't watch serialized anime, but the animation here is smooth and I genuinely laughed at points.

Great idea posting the first episode for free, and then gathering support via Kickstarter, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

ZoddGutts

Little Witch Academia's Tokyo Event Cancelled Due to Low Ticket Sales.

Tokyo's Shinjuku Wald 9 theater was scheduled to host a Little Witch Academia event including a screening of the short, a making-of feature, and a talk show with director Yoh Yoshinari, scriptwriter Masahiko Otsuka, and producer Naoko Tsutsumi this month, but the event did not sell enough tickets to make it possible. In order to kick off the event, Studio Trigger needed to sell at least 200 of the 400 possible tickets, but sales ended on August 12 with only 94 tickets sold. The event would have occurred on August 22.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...tokyo-event-cancelled-due-to-low-ticket-sales

Guess the lack of Moe and Yuri made Japanese not interested.

zoku88

Huh, so how close are Good Smile and Trigger? It says that the website is pretty much made by a Good Smile subsidiary, if I understood correctly.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I think this will be the 3rd time Ive said it here, but am still waiting for a Sucy figure. D:

watkinzez

The Blu-ray arrived today, it's real purrdy.

I3biGw4.jpg

bdMnS3T.jpg

hcf5zAy.jpg

There's also a separate booklet with English translations for all of the interviews in the art book. So good!

Jacob

That looks awesome! Are there really two discs though?

Edit: derp, just noticed one of them is the soundtrack.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Kicking self in ass so hard for not having jumped in on the crowdfunding when had a chance...

D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom