• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory teases new project, unveiling soon

Why the fuck do people think this is DmC2? Not even COD/AC announces a sequel 2 months after the previous game's release.

If NT is making DMC5 I will go fucking Terminator mode.
Take one for gamers everywhere and contain the virus in the DmC series, I say.

ezekial45

Banned
And there's the notion of DmC being NT's problem, when clearly it's Capcom's.

Nuh uh! Antoniades personally walked into Capcom HQ and interrupted work on DMC5. As he laid his plans for the franchise, they were left awestruck and bedazzled, and Antoniades shredded all documents for DMC5 and told them to work on something else while Ninja Theory made DmC.

That's obviously how it happened!

it would be cool to see a this-gen rendering of some cool live action actors.
Jean+Reno+IWC+Race+Night+SIHH+2013+Red+Carpet+16r3Dusi_Wll.jpg
2013 doooo it ninja theory.

Man... Jean is getting old. :/

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Wouldn't it be better if NT moved to Telltale and Quantic Dream style (aka Interactive movies) instead of action games?

storytelling is this studio "thing" right? it didn't hurt Telltale and Quantic Dream,What is the opinion of NT fans here about this?

Glass Rebel

Wouldn't it be better if NT moved to Telltale and Quantic Dream style (aka Interactive movies) instead of action games?

storytelling is this studio "thing" right? it didn't hurt Telltale and Quantic Dream

Enslaved had a decent story (well, except for that ending) but it was written by Alex Garland.

DmC's story was done in-house and it was shit.

V_Arnold

storytelling is this studio "thing" right? it didn't hurt Telltale and Quantic Dream,What is the opinion of NT fans here about this?

Torn. I liked Enslaved because I had some sense of "control" over the journey itself. It would not have been better if it was turned into a point-and-click game or something like that. I would like to see a REAL platformer out of them, cause in Enslaved, the combat definitely held the game back.

But with DmC, both platforming and the combat is great. As long as they have some Capcom advisors on their next projects...? :D

well I will be honest, I like Ninja Theory to a degree, they are very talented, it is sad their games are not selling, but every game seems to have something missing you know.

Heavenly Swords 2, an amazing game, but I hated the voice acting and some of the bosses designs, the story was good but the dialouges messed it up, the combat was fun but unrefined, and the SIXAXIS segments were totally awful to me.

Enslaved, an awesome game, really one of the greatest stories, you feel the connection and the development of the story, the game was so enjoyable, I hoped it sold more unites than it did, on downside once it was done it was done, it didn't feel like worth a 2nd playthrough, granted I got the Platinum in it, still I have other SP only games that feel like they can be played more than once.

DmC ......, well we all know how that went.

So for their future titles, I wish they redeem themselves, I hope for a great story like in Enslaved, a cool combat system like in Heavenly Swords I just loved the 3 stances Sword, and a better art style, and I hope it sells this time.

Lets see what they are doing.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to see if they could do for Ninja Gaiden what they did for Devil May Cry!

Ninja Gaiden already sells like shit and is disappointing fans

I'm not sure even Ninja Theory could set a franchise low for that series

Zia

Ninja Gaiden already sells like shit

I'm not sure even Ninja Theory could set a franchise low for that series

I hadn't realized Ninja Gaiden or Ninja Theory games sold that poorly. That said, after Platinum's stumble with Rising, Ninja Theory are definitely the preeminent action game studio at the moment and I would love to see their take on it.

Korigama

I hadn't realized Ninja Gaiden or Ninja Theory games sold that poorly. That said, after Platinum's stumble with Rising, Ninja Theory are definitely the preeminent action game studio at the moment and I would love to see their take on it.
Rising sold better than DmC.

I don't care what it is. Enslaved 2, Heavenly Sword 2, DmC 2? Don't care. New IP? Don't care.

All I know is whatever it is, I am going to be there day one. Love NT's stuff. Fuck the haters.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

not even closer.

I'm simply talking about the quality of the games. I don't follow sales.

so if you don't follow sales what do you mean by " after Platinum's stumble with Rising" ?Rising is pretty freaking good.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

That's interesting

Probably won't get around to DmC until the end of the year but from what I gather it sounds like they both have similar problems as long term games

With 101 and Bayo 2 on the horizon I'm willing to overlook Rising regardless. Was always waaaaay more excited for those titles even before I played Rising

sleepykyo

This is a very underrated team, it's too bad they're doing digital titles now

They gave a presentation on rebooting DMC at GDC.
Tameem has shown up in the PS4 developer sizzle reels.
The UK gaming press regularly defends NT and savages NT's critics.

I don't see how they could be considered underrated.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

pTDN3.gif

I've enjoyed all their games so I am hoping it is not a sequel of any sorts. Would love to see them build something totally new again.

Opiate

This is one of those development studios that makes you wonder how they keep being given large sums of money.

They have literally never had a big hit. Their titles range from mediocre sales to hugely disappointing sales.

Dahbomb

I hope it's a new next gen IP.
This is one of those development studios that makes you wonder how they keep being given large sums of money.

They have literally never had a big hit. Their titles range from mediocre sales to hugely disappointing sales.
Tameem is the best business man in the world.

"Well we can't give you any more large sums of money for your bombas, but we're still BFF, here's a moderate sum of money for a downloadable GRITTY reboot to Strider"

At this point after DmC I kind of just want to watch the world burn

Strider, DmC2, RE spin off, Megaman, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, whatever. Just give it to me!

Dahbomb

Strider is not even a great match for NT. It's a game based on 2D mechanics and it features blistering fast game play (at least the PS1 games did). Then again this is Capcpom we are talking about here.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

What? Did I miss some big scandal or something?

Goon Boon

Banned

It's a god damn mystery.

Glass Rebel

Especially for a British studio. I really don't know how they keep doing it.

Top Bottom