• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware PS3/PSV) Sorceress Trailer

Those air dashes are badass.

So I see:
Whirlwind spell.
Air dashes.
Skeleton resurrection.
Transmogrification.
Ice spell.
Teleport (zomg).
Magic Missile-esque spell.
Slide attack.
Blizzard spell.
Thunder cloud spell.
Petrification spell.
An ice cage spell (?).
Some kind of blue projectile spell that's hard to make out, kind of like magic missile (which was green).
Avalanche spell.

It looks like she has at least 3 ice spells, actually. Sometimes the ice surrounds her, sometimes it surrounds enemies, and sometimes it fires at different arcs.

That's a nice little spellbook to work with!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Lucky mushrooms...

The Sorc seems like a rather mobile character, which I really like and would make her one of my first picks. The Wizard better step it up, it seems like the Sorc already wields a lot of firepower (although I am probably going to pick Archer or Wizard first).

Can't wait to see how the other characters work!

B.O.O.M

hmm she isn't as slow as I thought she would be...thought she will just move around slow and chant spells. I like it

wapplew

Those overhead icon after 0:42 indicate item selection? I guess this game is more than typical beat'em up. More RPG elements always good!

She looks like she would have some nice spells going, lets hope the charge time on some of those spells will still keep pace with some of the other characters. It's also nice that her spells do not freeze time. I love D&D Shadow over Mystara, but I really didn't like that the mage and elf would freeze time for everyone to cast spells. I know the spells were very good but it just breaks the flow of combat for the non casters in co-op.

Those overhead icon after 0:42 indicate item selection? I guess this game is more than typical beat'em up. More RPG elements always good!

It's probably like Shadow over Mystara where everyone can pick up something for their inventory and can do things like chuck an item quickly for utility or attack.

hmm she isn't as slow as I thought she would be...thought she will just move around slow and chant spells. I like it
Which is making me curious about how character balance will affect the Wizard. The Sorc is already pretty nimble and seems to do well enough when it comes to area damage (or damage output in general), and the Wizard's supposed to be better than her at spell casting... so is he going to casually nuke the screen all the time?

Well perhaps they have her overleveled for those encounters to make her look cool and generate hype :p Looking forward to more trailers!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Love all the Ice and Wind we see her use, It's nice to not see her simply rely on the mainstays of Fire(ball) and (Chain)Lightning, like so many of her type would.

Being able to raise boundaries and also take over undead enemies sounds great. Annoy your friends by forcing them to watch Cagematches between enemy underlings!

While the over-focus on boobs is a but offputting, her skills definitely aren't. I'll have to take her more seriously, when it comes time to select someone to play... such a well-made support class is a rare treat, and I loved playing the Cleric in D&D Series... This "Turn Undead" with her has a different meaning, however...

DR2K

Banned
Wow at them tig ol bitties. Makes DOA girls look almost moderate.

Not sure if I'll get it on Vita or PS3. . .

1l0uax.jpg

221ux7.jpg

3x5unp.jpg

4jdumy.jpg

55du54.jpg

60fuex.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/games/134/G013480/20130412050/

Salsa

i'd be embarrased to play this in public

bums me out that this kind of awesome vanillaware art style caters to that type of crowd but oh well

otherwise looks good

Ken

That's going to be one cluttered UI with 4 people.

i'd be embarrased to play this in public

bums me out that this kind of awesome vanillaware art style caters to that type of crowd but oh well

otherwise looks good

You could just play archer waifu.

Cool gameplay style.

It's too bad that they want WAY overboard in the cheesecake factor. I have nothing against sexy characters, but her bustline is just ridiculous. It looks like she has two giant tumors.

All the NPCs in the game have far superior designs. I hope there are some unlockable characters.

Labadal

She does look fun to play as, but in the end, I usually choose to play as melee characters. I hope the Amazon and Dwarf are all out offense characters. Fighter looked a bit defensive in his playstyle.

Labadal

Cool gameplay style.

It's too bad that they want WAY overboard in the cheesecake factor. I have nothing against sexy characters, but her bustline is just ridiculous. It looks like she has two giant tumors.

All the NPCs in the game have far superior designs. I hope there are some unlockable characters.

She's not even sexy. Those proportions are simply absurd, imo.

wapplew

She does look fun to play as, but in the end, I usually choose to play as melee characters. I hope the Amazon and Dwarf are all out offense characters. Fighter looked a bit defensive in his playstyle.

Amazon and Dwarf seem similar arc type to me. We have heavy tanker Knight, Heavy Melee fighter Amazon and Dwarf, Caster Support Sorceress, Caster Attack Wizard? Long ranger Elf.
Need a agility melee ninja or assassin type!

Ken

Amazon and Dwarf seem similar arc type to me. We have heavy tanker Knight, Heavy Melee fighter Amazon and Dwarf, Caster Support Sorceress, Caster Attack Wizard? Long ranger Elf.
Need a agility melee ninja or assassin type!

Maybe the archer gets dagger skills in addition to archery...so more like a ranger than a pure archer.

Top Bottom