• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls Online gameplay leaked

Kozak

Banned
Hey, the character models don't look like ogres! Great stuff.

Not too impressed with the graphics though tbh, especially the draw distances.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Sure looks like high fantasy mmo circa 2007.

Don't know who would want this.

Yep, that looks like an MMO. There's just something horribly off-putting about the style of gameplay and presentation that comes with an MMO and, until someone within the genre manages to innovate to such a degree that I don't immediately think I've seen the game before, I won't buy into another MMO.

Also, incredibly disappointing to see the Elder Scrolls universe treated in such a way. I want nothing to do with this game...I did like the traditional ES-style map though, none of that Skyrim 3D bullshit.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Horrifyingly generic and uninteresting. Also does not even take any cues from the Elder Scrolls games in terms of mechanics or world design. There is no reason for this to exist.

MormaPope

Banned
Is this only coming out on the PC? If this came out on consoles, I could see the game being mildly or moderately successful due to people eating up Skyrim. But a PC only release means this shit is going to be flushed within a month or two.

squall23

Why are people surprised at the crappiness? Didn't the original reveal of the game pretty much tell us that the game won't play very much like normal Elder Scrolls?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i didnt watch the whole video. i dont think it looks that bad. Seems more interesting than Oblivion and Skyrim so theres that i guess. As for combat? It might just be the guy playing. It looks like he was just doing default attacks (little fireball shots) and kept dying. ill reserve judgement on combat until i see more.

Erethian

Looks worse than Skyrim, the hell?

Is it even the same engine?

It's the Hero engine, same as what Bioware used in TOR.

Edit: Or looking into it further, it may not be. Apparently they're using it as a prototyping tool during development but are using a different engine? Seems weird.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is this only coming out on the PC? If this came out on consoles, I could see the game being mildly or moderately successful due to people eating up Skyrim. But a PC only release means this shit is going to be flushed within a month or two.

Yeah, it's Windows/Mac-only at this point. Perhaps there are plans for a next-gen version, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Top Bottom