• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bieber: hopefully Anne Frank would have been a belieber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trin

Kind of funny. Not sure I see the issue.

Ehh, I can see why people are upset because it's a self-absorbed and obnoxious comment to make at the historical site of a Holocaust victim. Even if it was meant as a joke, that's an inappropriate place for it. And, I dunno, a lot of people seem enjoy hating the guy.

Honestly, I think he's your average stupid teenager but every stupid thing he does happens to make headlines.

Kid? He's 19 years old.

Still a kid. I have seen kids who were 17 and more mature than this guy. The fame has risen to his head and actually makes him feel that he is allowed to come late at his own shows. Kids between 6 and 16 had to wait for 75 minutes before he finally appeared yesterday in The Netherlands.

Hoo-doo

Banned
.... in what world do you live in where that is appropriate?

The Netherlands. Sometimes inappropriate things are still funny and innocent.

Who even expects Justing fucking Bieber to be "appropriate" all the time? He's not the prime minister, the pope or an overseas diplomat, he's a teenager who fell into stardom and does whatever the fuck he wants.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
The Netherlands

Why on earth would I live there?

. Sometimes inappropriate things are still funny and innocent.

Who even expects Justing fucking Bieber to be "appropriate" all the time? He's not the prime minister, the pope or an overseas diplomat, he's a teenager who fell into stardom and does whatever the fuck he wants.

and when reality hits.... it hits hard

Danielsan

In poor taste? Sure. But at the end of the day it's just a dumb kid making dumb comment. Nothing worth getting offended about.

itsgreen

Don't see why anyone would be bothered by this.

Not a 1:1, but Imagine him seriously saying about any victim of murder, or disaster, or 9/11 for that matter: "I hope she would have been a belieber". I don't doubt his intentions, but why on earth would you say that.

highrider

Banned
Not a 1:1, but Imagine him seriously saying about any victim of murder, or disaster: "I hope she would have been a belieber". I don't doubt his intentions, but why on earth would you say that.
Yeah, I don't think it was a very intelligent or appropriate statement, but there is no malice or disrespect imo.

itsgreen

Yeah, I don't think it was a very intelligent or appropriate statement, but there is no malice or disrespect imo.

Yeah I doubt he meant harm, but he apparently has so little knowledge of the world and his place in it, that he focus the attention on himself instead of the victim. How is that not the most egocentric thing ever.

Yeah I doubt he meant harm, but he apparently has so little knowledge of the world and his place in it, that he focus the attention on himself instead of the victim. How is that not the most egocentric thing ever.
Do we still need to refer to Anne Frank as "the victim" after 70 years?

I swear people take everything too seriously nowadays. "The most egocentric thing ever." smh

Why is this offensive? If Frank was a teenage girl living nowadays she probably would be buying his records. It was an egocentric comment, yes, but some are taking this out of proportion.

itsgreen

Why is this offensive? If Frank was a teenage girl living nowadays she probably would be buying his records. It was an egocentric comment, yes, but some are taking this out of proportion.

To me it isn't offensive. But it is a ridiculous thing to say imo and very egocentric.

Nokterian

Showing no respect to what happend in WW2 to this is to me a disgrace. When i was that age i knew all ready i had respect to the people who died in WW2 and who saved us from the nazi's.

Errh is that really that wrong? I'm assuming he loves his fans and he found what Anne Frank did was quite amazing and he would had like if someone like her was a fan of him.

Ithil

So the message was basically "Cool historical person. Hope they'd have thought I was awesome"?

Debates about dignity and tastelessness aside, it's a strange sentiment.

People are outraged about this, why exactly? It's perhaps another brilliant unassuming troll, but regardless it's a harmless comment. Hasn't her room basically become as fine if celebrity shit, autographs, and other stuff with the general assumption that she's be a fan of said swag?

highrider

Banned
The Netherlands. Sometimes inappropriate things are still funny and innocent.

She was a teenager. He's basically saying I hope she would have liked me and what I do. It is really odd, but I think people just want to be offended by him. This marks my 3 post limit of defending jb.

JordanKZ

This post is dumber than what he said.

Admittedly, it wasn't the most eloquent of posts. But my point still stands.

Bieber has this concentrated layer of stupidity to everything he says. I don't know if it's naivety or just his popularity/money/career effecting his teenage years. But the guy does come off as a total asshat. This is just another cherry on top.

soepje

I hope he does this.

tumblr_m5wa6miapg1rz6zvuei.gif
It could be a meme in the making 'What would Bieber say about -enter historic event/person/place here-' :p

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
A pretty ego-centric sentiment.

However maybe his visit will expose a lot of young kids to the story of Anne Frank and who she was, which would be A Good Thing. The Anne Frank House seems to have been pleased with his visit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Not really offended by this.

"Hopefully she would've been a fan"

aite

itsgreen

Not a Bieber fan.

Don't see why this is a big deal at all. Are people just looking to get offended? I can't see any offense here.

To me it's less about the offensive, he didn't mean anything bad or had bad intentions, and more about the stupidity of saying it. Making something about yourself...

Raiden

Banned
We should actually thank hil. Because of that comment millions of teenage girls now know who Anne Frank is and will pay attention in class.

Good job Biebs.

.GqueB.

Banned
It's a guest book. If I had to guess, I'd say that pretty much everyone writes something about themselves. What they learned, how much they enjoyed themselves, thanking the owners etc etc. Do you think the book is just full of a bunch of sad faces?

It was egocentric as hell but that's all it was. No one has made it clear why this is so offensive. He's just a big ol douche and this shouldn't be news.

Korey

There's a small chance JB has a small ounce of self-awareness and he's trolling the shit out of everyone.

Now that I think of it he could be the supreme ultra master troll if he wanted to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom