• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge (PC) modded for Oculus Rift support

xyzls

Motion sickness, here I come!

I get sick in around 40min from playing Halo and 15min on Portal. I wonder how long I'd last with this...

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Head tracking is still a little wonky and HUD popups are unreadable, but it's a nice tease at what could be possible with a game of this sort designed around the hardware.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Takes him longer to complete the level than it would if he didn't use that stuff.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
The user should set up a little coffee table or platform to stand on so they can experience the first second of the fall. :lol

Mr.Green

Takes him longer to complete the level than it would if he didn't use that stuff.

2U0Qc.gif

Used to be if I wanted to experience motion sickness, I'd get on a bus and start reading a book.

Thanks to today's technology, I can now experience the wonderful experience of Motion Sickness comfortably at home, while playing Mirror's Edge.

Never had any problems playing FPSes before, but I am damn sure I'd throw up everywhere after playing this with the Rift.

syko de4d

dont forget that he use beta drivers frome someone, not from Oculus, which makes OR usable for some games. That is nothing like a game with native OR support

edit: and his laptop is to weak for good fps in stereo 3D mirrors Edge.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
The drivers are calle Vieiro Perception. They actually work with a surprising number of titles. Left 4 Dead is appropriately creepy. Dear Esther is next on my list.

Mr.Green

This is kinda cool that you can use your Rift with existing titles, but people have to clearly understand that this isn't proper support by any stretch of the imagination. It's a driver hack with mouse emulation. Don't expect too much from this kind of experience.

TCKaos

Dear Esther is next on my list.

That notion makes me wish I bought a devkit. I can't stop wondering what all of my spooky games would play like. Amnesia, Penumbra, STALKER, Slender...

I can barely play any of those now. Imagine how ridiculous they'd be then.

Sho Nuff

Banned
That video is fucking awesome, good thing they didn't show her anything from UDK or she might have had a heart attack

Top Bottom