• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAN OF STEEL Trailer 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Supermanhovering_zps0abc68ab.jpg

I cannot believe this is real.

edit: such a great shot.

Talon

Story wise, will this bring anything new? It seems like just having watched two trailers, I know exactly how it begins and how it will end.
It sounds very much like many of the others, in particularly Batman Begins.

I would love for them to tackle a new story. Perhaps something like Superman in Russia, growing up as a communist. That would be a really interesting take on a superhero film.

I still have hopes, but I fear this film will fall into another trap of having a villain who is too evil for his supposed intelligence. In many of these comicbook films, the villains motivation is poor. The scapegoat is of course the "hes a psychopath" but that also get old. We need a really strong villain with proper motivation. Otherwise it's just too broad pure ultra good and pure ultra evil characters, and that's not very interesting, I think.

Btw, I love the look of this superman. He looks cool. His outfit is really cool. They did a good job modernizing his costume without loosing the core(the cape, the S and the red/blue hue).
The whole point of Zod is that he's an arrogant sod.

Also, movies exist to make money, not tickle some frog's esoteric interests. You can read that storyline in a comic book.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
to be fair the trailer for Superman Returns was fucking amazing as well. Better than this one

The teaser that played with our Donner/Williams emotions? Yea that was a beautiful teaser.

The rest of the Returns trailers don't even come close to this.

KalBalboa

Banned
Story wise, will this bring anything new? It seems like just having watched two trailers, I know exactly how it begins and how it will end.
It sounds very much like many of the others, in particularly Batman Begins.

Btw, I love the look of this superman. He looks cool. His outfit is really cool. They did a good job modernizing his costume without loosing the core(the cape, the S and the red/blue hue).

It looks to push the things Superman embodies that other comic book (and, vicariously, modern cinema) heroes can't. The heritage/xenophobia angles are strong in the material this is drawing from (Earth One, All-Star, Seasons, Secret Origin).

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
whoa, hey, people are completely misunderstanding my post. It's a great shot is all, someone needs to gif it so people can stop the wire talk.

its not a wire its a pole under the cape

and he's on stilts

superman is no more super than a common magician

he's also a madman he's nuts in the head and he thinks he actually has powers

the military is chasing him because he goes around tossing people out of buildings only to save one

MisterHero

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

It's a shame Krypton is dead. The movie makes it look like there's all sorts of stories and mythologies that could be told.

ReiGun

Watching the trailer again and I just do not get the complaints about the music. I pretty much love it.

Also, Zod was getting BODIED.

Movie should end with Christopher Reeves superman (or brandon routh) showing up out of nowhere and punching Henry Cavil in the face revealing that he is actually Cyborg Superman, an evil impostor.

Superman79.png

Salsa

I really like the idea of Superman somehow convincing the military that they are actually restraining him. Those handcuffs, lol

Dahbomb

I would honestly bust a nut if there's a Baleman cameo in MoS. I know the chance of it is minimal but I want to berieve...

Same here, really wanted that to happen (and at one point was totally expecting it). There would be nothing wrong with paying homage to it with a modified version.

when you're trying to completely divorce yourself from the other movies, there would be a LOT wrong with paying homage to that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom