• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection(PS3) appears in Korean Game Rating Board

I'd be completely satisfied with MGS1 in actual HD. I love how it looks on PC, but its so damn buggy I never feel like playing it. Plus the stock footage sequences never working is annoying.

I could never figger out why they didn't just make MGS1 with the MGS2 engine, it would carry over extremely easily, since the majority of the game has a pretty similar art style.

So...1, 2, 3, 4, and what was originally thought of as 5?

I guess that'd be cool for the right price. I never got over why they left 1 out of the HD collection to begin with, which is why I just opted for the Essentials compilation.

I'd like Portable Ops in there too, but I do not expect it.

Is there any reason to hope this is anything other than a packaged collection of PS1 MGS, MGS HD Collection and that MGS4 rerelease? A la GoW Saga.

Although I don't really see the market for that TBH, considering most people interested in this would probably already own at least a part of such a collection.

Looks cool. Not sure if I'll get since I have the HD LE & many copies of all the games that would possibly be in the collection.

MGS1 Snake = Best Snake. Loved him clean-shaven & sans mullet.

stn

Include them all in one package and I'll buy it. I want Twin Snakes, MGS2: Substance, MGS3: Subsistence, 4, and Peace Walker.

khaaan

Awesome if true. I was going to dive into the series buy buying MGS1, HD Collection and MGS4 but if it all comes in a neat little package it'll save me the trouble.

MGS1 Snake looks so good on that poster. He matches the Codec portrait perfectly:
OltNI0V.jpg

Oh man, oh god, oh man!

If this is another re-release/remake thing, the main things I want are:

MGS1 completely remade but keep the same topdown gameplay.
MGS2 to include Snake's part of the Big Shell.

Buntabox

I could never figger out why they didn't just make MGS1 with the MGS2 engine, it would carry over extremely easily, since the majority of the game has a pretty similar art style.

That's pretty much what Twin Snakes was. Just with some....liberties taken.

Also, if PC rumors are possibly true MGS4 in full 1080 at 60fps on my comp would be glorious. I know this game is divisive, but it's damn gorgeous art direction. And it still looks good 5 years later.

Will buy at a high price for a Steam release, most definitely. I got the HD collection a couple months ago but I have a 360 only. Therefore, MGS1 and MGS4 are not in my collection. Played both before, but would like to own them for myself.

Mechazawa

The TTP rumor was ages ago, people. There's nothing to it at this point.

And there's no reason to be bringing it up in a thread for a glorified anthology of previously released PS3 games. It's not like anything in this collection is getting rejiggered or anything.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Since MGS4 practically had a remake of Shadow Moses in it, I'd love to see MGS1 remade using the MGS4 engine. There were only a few areas of Shadow Moses missing in MGS4.

Vamphuntr

I doubt there is anything new in that package. I'm not sure how people expect them to remake MGS1 when they are working on both GZ and TPP.

This is probably PS3 exclusive because MGS 1 and 4 aren't on 360. This is basically a reprint of the MGS collection we got a while ago but with MGS4 and PW inside.

This is pretty sad to be honest. PW is like 3 years old now. We had the HD Collections of II/III/PW, a reprint with trophies of IV, ZOE I/II ports and now a repackaging of the MGS games. It just shows the issues they have at releasing new games.

I doubt there is anything new in that package. I'm not sure how people expect them to remake MGS1 when they are working on both GZ and TPP.

This is probably PS3 exclusive because MGS 1 and 4 aren't on 360. This is basically a reprint of the MGS collection we got a while ago but with MGS4 and PW inside.

This is pretty sad to be honest. PW is like 3 years old now. We had the HD Collections of II/III/PW, a reprint with trophies of IV, ZOE I/II ports and now a repackaging of the MGS games. It just shows the issues they have at releasing new games.

Maybe if they hadn't killed Hudson Soft they'd have at least Bomberman to rely on. Konami of now is essentially Kojima Productions.

That's pretty much what Twin Snakes was. Just with some....liberties taken.

Also, if PC rumors are possibly true MGS4 in full 1080 at 60fps on my comp would be glorious. I know this game is divisive, but it's damn gorgeous art direction. And it still looks good 5 years later.
Are there actual PC rumors, outside of port begging forum posts? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see these well done on PC but the last time I saw something like that was the triology fiasco.

Batzi

Banned
Never played MGS before. I was waiting for an HD version of the first game.

They already explained why they didn't release MGS1 HD cause it was technically not feasible. So I doubt an MGS1 HD is going to be in the collection. It's either MGS1 as we know it or MGS1 remake using the Fox Engine.

Are there actual PC rumors, outside of port begging forum posts? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see these well done on PC but the last time I saw something like that was the triology fiasco.

There were at some point. Now they are so old (and obviously not happening after all) that it's just port begging at this point.

They already explained why they didn't release MGS1 HD cause it was technically not feasible. So I doubt an MGS1 HD is going to be in the collection. It's either MGS1 as we know it or MGS1 remake using the Fox Engine.

A 10 year old PC can probably emulate MGS1 @ 720p resolutions using a PSX emulator. No way it's not technically feasible, even if they lost MGS1's source code and have to emulate it. More like "it'll look like shit".

CengizMan

I've never played a Metal Gear game except Metal Gear Solid 4. I had been waiting to pick up Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection. Since it looks like Metal Gear Solid will be included in Legacy Collection, it seems like I'll wait for this Legacy Collection then.

Apath

If you don't have to install each act of MGS4 every time you play a different one, I'm in. That's the main reason why I got rid of my copy.

Top Bottom