• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection(PS3) appears in Korean Game Rating Board

Buntabox

There were at some point. Now they are so old (and obviously not happening after all) that it's just port begging at this point.

It is. But it's probably the only thing that'd make me jump on this unless MGS1 is given the HD treatment. Otherwise its just another collection release for the cash.

If you don't have to install each act of MGS4 every time you play a different one, I'm in. That's the main reason why I got rid of my copy.

They released a patch recently that lets you choose the option to install all the data on your hard drive.
Beaten.

rvy

Banned
not just make things look pretty and polished, but go back and tweak some of the gameplay, tweak the story to update things and do it properly.

Do not fucking want. More retcons. Another re-translation and new voice recording.

blackseedboy

Neo Member
Metal Gear Solid was released in Japan in 1998, 3 of september... we are so close to it's 15 anniversary... and shit, i'm getting so old...

Sqorgar

Banned
MGS1 completely remade but keep the same topdown gameplay.
What gameplay? I'm playing it right now. MGS has like an hour of gameplay. There's like 3 rooms with guards in them and a bunch of closets with ammo.

It's literally cutscene, codec conversation, cutscene, boss, boss's dying sequence where he/she spends ten minutes telling you his/her life story, here's the next keycard - I found it in my ass, codec conversation, walking 10 feet down a hallway, repeat.

What gameplay? I'm playing it right now. MGS has like an hour of gameplay. There's like 3 rooms with guards in them and a bunch of closets with ammo.

It's literally cutscene, codec conversation, cutscene, boss, boss's dying sequence where he/she spends ten minutes telling you his/her life story, here's the next keycard - I found it in my ass, codec conversation, walking 10 feet down a hallway, repeat.

...You forgot barging into the Women's restroom to catch Meryl in her panties. I shamelessly did that every time I played MGS1. :D

muzzymate

Can I just have an XBLA release of Metal Gear Solid? It can be based off the PC/Playstation version for all I care. I don't need fancy graphics to enjoy it.

farisr

Not keeping my hopes up for MGS HD remake, but would buy the collection just for it even though I have all the game in it. It's be quadruple dipping for me for some of the titles in the series. LOL.

Original MGS1, MGS2, MGS3.
Essentials Collection MGS1, MGS2, MGS3. (got it because it included subtance and subsistence)
HD Collection (got it because HD upgrade and Peacewalker)
And if MGS HD comes out, Legacy Collection because of it.

So I'll own 4 versions of MGS2 and MGS3.

Imagine if this collection only exists so Kojima can have Kiefer Sutherland can re-record all of the Snake dialog in each game.

That would be amazing.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
GfnN0yB.jpg

i'm buying this and then i'm gonna throw the 4th game in the useless pile alongside kingdom of the crystal skull and alien 3 and 4.

MGS1 snake definitely looked the best. the most different from the other iterations (aside from 4, he looked pretty different from previous ones too)

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Expecting a big package of loose games, unfortunately. Like mentioned earlier - probably the HD collection, a MGS1 download, MGS4 packed-in, etc.

However, if it's some awesome collection and they're all HD, I'll gladly pay $100. Hell, if it was on PC, I'd drop several hundred, lol.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I love those posters. I love it when Kojima posts MGS paraphernalia that isn't usually available for the public.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Would buy for 360 or PC. Would suck though if 1 still doesn't have the theme, and would suck for HD Collection owners that got fucked over.

DigitalOp

Banned
Damn, So we don't even know if its just a retail bundle or a new HD collection?

It would be cool if they redid MGS, I was thiiiisss close to picking up HD collection for PS3. Ill still get the Vita version though.
Ill gladly wait for this.

Batzi

Banned
I don't think it is another collection of games. I think it's a movie rendered using the FOX Engine that recaps the storyline focusing on the Snakes preparing us for MGSV.

They're out of order in that pic, that bothers me.

No it's not, it's the render KP made for Social Ops.

59504_476331522429558_1814187621_n_zps0bc9b6da.jpg

I think it's just to get a better visual aesthetic, they fill the space better that way. If they were in order it wouldn't look as good. MGS2 Snakes gun has near symmetry with Old Snake's rifle and MGS1 Snake fits into the negative space between MGS2 Snake and PW Snake for example.

And that render is amazing, never seen that before...
How disappointed are we all going to be if this is just something for Social Ops....

Salaadin

Ha! I've bought some version or another of MGS2 and 3 like five different times through the years lol.

Me too, man. I own so many copies of MGS1 thru MGS3 either physically or digitally, Im not sure I could list them all.

I wonder where you got your name from.... :p

I don't think it is another collection of games. I think it's a movie rendered using the FOX Engine that recaps the storyline focusing on the Snakes preparing us for MGSV.

"Legacy Collection" sounds like games so I dont know about this.
Itd be cool if we got a deeper MGS Database with better details and links to footage from the games, etc. The first one felt so rushed and didnt do much to make sense of the universe (is this even possible now?).

Falcs

Banned
OMFG, the idea of a remake of MGS1 almost makes me cream my pants.

However, if there's no Hayter.. No buy.

Batzi

Banned
Well its easily the worst of the main cannon games. But it regardless it should still be included

Disagree completely. Taking into account it was the first authentic MGS on the PSP, I thought it was pretty good not to mention PW and soon MGSV are following onto MPO's footsteps as far as gameplay is concerned. Recruitments and teams started with MPO.

iLLmAtlc

Wonder why Kojima loves Big Boss so much. He seems to always be the focus over Solid in promotional material like in social ops, and now even in the legacy collection. I'm pretty sure that was him in the mgshd LE Shinkawa art too. Maybe because he's starring in the next game?

Wonder why Kojima loves Big Boss so much. He seems to always be the focus over Solid in promotional material like in social ops, and now even in the legacy collection. I'm pretty sure that was him in the mgshd LE Shinkawa art too. Maybe because he's starring in the next game?

Well from Solid onward Big Boss has been in more canon games than Solid Snake, so that might be it? I dunno. I think Big Boss is a more interesting character for the most part and MGS3 is the best in the series' history, and one of the best games of all time.

Solid Snake:
  1. MGS1
  2. MGS2
  3. MGS4

Big Boss:
  1. MGS3
  2. MGSPO
  3. MGSPW
  4. MGSV

Jawmuncher

Disagree completely. Taking into account it was the first authentic MGS on the PSP, I thought it was pretty good not to mention PW and soon MGSV are following onto MPO's footsteps as far as gameplay is concerned. Recruitments and teams started with MPO.

I just never felt the recruitment aspect was done well in PO. I never liked the idea how snake could faint and some random joe would come in and continue the mission.
PW fixed that by having recruitment just be for base building which I though worked better.

Top Bottom