• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

TWILT

Banned
Sparkles are too racy for NoA/NoE :/

On another note - which Awakening characters should they use in the next Super Smash Brothers?

Chrom seems the obvious choice, but he's kinda average really.

They're prolly just gonna use Chrom, and maayyybee Lucina as a Marth alt. Marth, Ike and Chrom will be our main FE reps I imagine (though if we only get two reps, Ike's probably getting cut).

Good choice Nintendo.
FE has never been home to creepy fan service, and neither should it be. If you guys are so desperate to see anime ass, go to one of the many thousands of websites that deal in that shit. No need to ruin a classic series with it just to get one more sale from a basement dweller.

Soo, everyone who's disappointed that they unneedlessly censored something is a "basement dweller?" Yeah, okay then.

Having a little fanservice is hardly "ruining" a series anyway. It helps that Awakening is a great game too.

Okay folks, I finished my run on casual and now I'm starting classic. My Avatar was a kick-ass mage who ended up blowing everything away in his path. And I didn't even change his class from Grandmaster.

Now I'm starting a run in classic, and I'm making him a swordsman. Should I do this or keep him as a mage? I'm asking this because I heard that the Avatar was solid enough as a mage alone.

Okay folks, I finished my run on casual and now I'm starting classic. My Avatar was a kick-ass mage who ended up blowing everything away in his path. And I didn't even change his class from Grandmaster.

Now I'm starting a run in classic, and I'm making him a swordsman. Should I do this or keep him as a mage? I'm asking this because I heard that the Avatar was solid enough as a mage alone.

Avatar's good as pretty much anything you set him to be.

Sendou

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking but you can basically change your Avatar's class to just about any class in the game using Second Seal. If you want to make a full-blooded swordsman you could consider making Magic your flaw. Tactician/Grandmaster is kind of hybrid class between melee and mage. It's also one of the best classes in the game.

Draxal

Tactician/Grandmaster is a sword/mage. He can do okay using swords in that class but if he brances out it would be better. However, if you wanted to branch out in magic you could have switched to other classes too.

Solune

Gaius and Henry died on me early on...

Please tell me they are useless units, otherwise I'll regret not replaying those missions :(
Already been answered but just wanted to point out Gaius passes on Pegasus Knight to his daughter so children without that class are able to inherit it, which for Galeforce is invaluable.
Good to see some Maribelle fans. I figured I was the only one who likes her.

She's the tsundere ojou-sama but I like her and her JP VA.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
UT4f6kp.jpg

xmKqXe0.jpg

Oh mah gawddddddddd.

5wT9dxF.jpg

GC|Simon

...But you can ALWAYS return to the world map before the battle actually starts.

Oh, you are right. How could I overlook that button. As said before, Stahl is a loss. He just reached level 20, was pretty strong and used to be a great guy in general. Though, there are tons of great guys. I replaced him by Cynthia and she is quickly getting stronger. I use all three Pegasus girls in big battles and all are real beasts. They + Chrom destroy pretty much everything right now.

I don't think you can trigger other skills off an Astra hit, though. That'd just be crazy. Then again, this game...
Didn't check if already mentioned, in FE5 you can. Here was the world of fire emblem VHS tape showing us... Things to also note about that clip (FE5 mechanics stuff)
the other skill like continue and charge are why the battle goes on longer, you also see Sol and Luna activate on the same hit, the enemy unit has a sword that halves your attack hence why it survives such an onslaught

He's pretty much my boss slayer right now.

When he takes damage, it's fairly minimal. Emphasis on WHEN, cause he dodges everything ever in the entire world.
Don't forget he also has Sol...if you went down the Hero route anyway...

Ok this chapter 12, I made it to the boss with everything going perfectly on my first attempt, but then Tharja had to go and die. Now I can't seem to make it past the second round without anyone dying.

NeonZ

This has to be conditioning at this point. Did Champions of Yore 2, faced Ike. Even if my characters were much more powerful than him, I was still a little apprehensive about having to face Ike.

Also "Is this the one with Marth and Roy?" Yes. Now it is. I should have them pair up for the fun of it.

Although you can do that and use them just fine on normal and hard, if you ever attempt playing through lunatic or the post game DLC, you might want to always stick DLC/legacy characters in pairs where one of the units is able to use or learn Dual Support + (Valkyrie lvl 15 skill, but some units, like Shadow Dragon Pr. Marth know it by default), which gives them stat boosts comparable to a pair with A support levels (No extra dual strike chances though).

Still, DLC Prince Marth is basically hilariously overpowered for the main campaign (Donnel-like growths, but good bases and free skill selection), so anyone paired up with him should do well there.

McNum

Although you can do that and use them just fine on normal and hard, if you ever attempt playing through lunatic or the post game DLC, you might want to always stick DLC/legacy characters in pairs where one of the units is able to use or learn Dual Support + (Valkyrie lvl 15 skill, but some units, like Shadow Dragon Pr. Marth know it by default), which gives them stat boosts comparable to a pair with A support levels (No extra dual strike chances though).

Still, DLC Prince Marth is basically hilariously overpowered for the main campaign (Donnel-like growths, but good bases and free skill selection), so anyone paired up with him should do well there.
I was just thinking of doing it once for novelty's sake, really.

And EXPonential Growth sure is an efficient way for stragglers to catch up... There's even foes for all levels of experience.

Chrom

I have to admit that I find the idea that it's someone's cape rather than some random curtain covering Tharja to be more funny.

I have to admit that I find the idea that it's someone's cape rather than some random curtain covering Tharja to be more funny.

almost looks like a dirty magic trick about to be performed
"now watch as I make my assistants undergarments disappear!"

Just went through the first bonus box sidequest map with my original team...
*paralogue /side quest 18 spoilers*
If I hadn't had quickly looked up the necessary requirements for recruitment Gangrel would be dead...again, how dare you ignore my initial use of talk! So was Gangrel playing his side of the war in casual mode or something? I demand an explanation for his survival!

Been playing the Summer scramble some more and I've already doubled up on my Aversa's Night and Rift Doors.

Either the DLC is trying to apologize or the RNG goddess is actually showing me some pity.

Chrom

Does anyone else think it looks like Tharja is actually tied to that thing? It was brought up to me and now I can't unsee it.

JazzmanZ

I think you need to set your priorities more when you start getting mad over censoring of the butt of a video game character.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just viewed the scene on my other save. It really looks like she's wearing nothing at all when the text box shows up. GG Nintendo.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I come home and browse all the gaming news I missed and on the first page, Tharja is censored.
My life is ruined.

Top Bottom