• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dyad coming to Steam on April 24th

Salsa

Dyad-title1.jpg

https://twitter.com/DyadGame/status/325690156491362304

eyes will bleed

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I was hoping this would be coming out soon, especially since I am interviewing its creator in a few weeks.

Mileena

Banned
oh shit, I dunno if I liked it enough to double dip but this game is worth a shot if you like hard racing stuff with a bit of Rez

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
I'll be around for the next few days, if you have anything you wanna ask me, feel free!

Thanks a lot for the support, the gaf community has been super great to me, and I really appreciate the positivity and support, yay!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Everyone, and I mean everyone, should buy this.

I have a question, how were the trophy challenges altered? Are they now tied to steam achievements or presented as merely extra challenging levels?

nampad

I'll be around for the next few days, if you have anything you wanna ask me, feel free!

Thanks a lot for the support, the gaf community has been super great to me, and I really appreciate the positivity and support, yay!

I know this is about the Steam announcement but while you are asking, you said you were thinking about a Vita port if the game translates well to the smaller screen.
Any update on that? Would be thrilled to play this game on Vita.

Persona7

Banned
This is coming out on GOG.com and will be for sale on the games website, why does the title only say steam?

Even the tweet says " DYAD IS COMING OUT FOR PC ON APRIL 24 "

Salsa

This is coming out on GOG.com and will be for sale on the games website, why does the title only say steam?

Even the tweet says " DYAD IS COMING OUT FOR PC ON APRIL 24 "

GAF demands. Being realistic about where most people will get it

best way to buy it is probably through the game's site since hopefully that means 100% profit to the developers

Great game. Short, but great. You will play through certain levels more than once.

And it's by far the trippiest game I've ever played. There were times where I was in a zone, playing well, with a large part of my brain consciously thinking "WTF IS GOING ON?!?" I've never experienced that with a video game before.

Nags

Banned
Great game. Short, but great. You will play through certain levels more than once.

And it's by far the trippiest game I've ever played. There were times where I was in a zone, playing well, with a large part of my brain consciously thinking "WTF IS GOING ON?!?" I've never experienced that with a video game before.

I had the same experience.
When I finally completed the game though, certain... changes took hold.

I was able to detect CMEs directed towards earth, I could dive into a person's mind and relive their memories ...and for some strange reason I knew Kung Fu.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Everyone, and I mean everyone, should buy this.

I have a question, how were the trophy challenges altered? Are they now tied to steam achievements or presented as merely extra challenging levels?

Wait, why would they be altered? The Steam achievements are the same trophy set as the PS3 version

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
The achievements are exactly the same as the trophies. I find them a little bit easier on the PC, might be because of my low refresh monitors and playing on a keyboard feels a bit more "precise" to me.

As for min specs. Any intel i* CPU (or AMD equiv), with a videocard that fully supports dx9 (the game is opengl so you need up-to-date drivers, since drivers often lag in opengl support) with at least 256MB RAM on the videocard and about 1GB CPU RAM (you can probably get away with less RAM, but I haven't tried).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Will the steam-page pop up after updates today?

The achievements are exactly the same as the trophies. I find them a little bit easier on the PC, might be because of my low refresh monitors and playing on a keyboard feels a bit more "precise" to me.

As for min specs. Any intel i* CPU (or AMD equiv), with a videocard that fully supports dx9 (the game is opengl so you need up-to-date drivers, since drivers often lag in opengl support) with at least 256MB RAM on the videocard and about 1GB CPU RAM (you can probably get away with less RAM, but I haven't tried).

No love for older creaking rigs with Core 2 Duo/Core 2 Quad chips makes me a sadd panda. :(

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
I don't know what's going on with the steam page... I would have hoped it was up 2 weeks ago =(

It very well could work on a core duo, I just haven't tested it so I don't want to say "yep it works!~"

Gaspode_T

I don't know what's going on with the steam page... I would have hoped it was up 2 weeks ago =(

It very well could work on a core duo, I just haven't tested it so I don't want to say "yep it works!~"

Hey man, I own and love your game on PS3!

I can think of a Q for putting you on the spot - Ever thought about putting out a touch / tablet version of it? Even if it is a different game

My only other question is whether you would be able to make a mode that is somehow safe for epilepsy sufferers to play, Dyad itself seems like it is about the worst game possible to play ... I am not one but I know of at least one online and she seems to like games like this a lot https://twitter.com/IndieGamerChick/statuses/226049307982311424

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
I'm not a doctor, so I can't be certain, but I did do some research on photosensitive epilepsy. I don't think Dyad's actually particularly bad for it. It doesn't "flash" colours -- ie rapid switches between highly varied brightnesses. It does "cycle" colours quickly which gives the impression of flashing, but afaik that doesn't trigger epilepsy like flashing colours would.

I don't have the means or the budget to properly test the game with epileptics, so I'm playing it safe by recommending people don't even attempt it.

I can't really make a version that's "safe" for people with epilepsy since I don't exactly what in Dyad would be problematic, nor would I be able to test.

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
I asked the Oculus people to get my devkit a little early so I could have it ready for the Rift launch but they didn't seem to give a shit about the game, so either it'll have to wait or I won't have time to do it later, we'll see!

Top Bottom