• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Titans Go! Premier... Internet cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
teentitans042213coverjpg-5e9a72.jpg

Name: Teen Titans Go!
Format: Flash Animation
Developed by: Michael Jelenic and Aaron Horvath
Number of episodes: 26
Premier: April 23 2013
Teen Titans Go! is a spin off of the classic Teen Titans cartoon, this show has a comical tone, most of action is focused on daily life issues rather than figthing villians and saving the world. The first episode is called Legendary sandwich/pie bros and it's devoted to make the perfect sandwich, so as you can imagine most of the internet fanbase is crying due the lack of continuty with the original series and the lack of consistency with the characters. (oh yes Robin smiles.... smiles with a huge grin) Honestly I think it was ok, but mostly because I'm not a big fan of the original show.

1.jpg

Reviews so far:
Daily News 3/5
In their first return episode, which means two 11-minute episodes in one half-hour show, they’re trying to determine whether Robin tells the truth when he declares he makes the best sandwich in the world.
To test this, they learn where the world’s best ingredients for a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich can be found. It turns out most are stashed behind some formidable barrier or some really cranky individual who doesn’t want to give them up

IGN 7.8
Anyone who's seen the New Teen Titans shorts that have aired on DC Nation knows what to expect here: "cute" versions of the team of superhero sidekicks Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg. The focus of the show is less about encounters with Big Bads and more concerned with the wackiness that ensues when five teens with powers (well, four plus Robin) get to live in their own headquarters without grownups around to hassle them. (Take that, Batman!)

Slant 2/4
If the new animation style, character designs, theme-song remix, and primary focus on manic slapstick aren't dead giveaways, then the most obvious indication that Teen Titans Go! isn't canonical to the original Teen Titans series, which ran for five seasons from 2003 to 2006, is that Beast Boy (Greg Cipes) talks while in animal form. While its anime style and focus on adolescent humor gave the original series an anarchic patina, the seasons often built toward coherent narrative arcs that culminated with emotional upheaval and angst. Such personal turmoil was set against the backdrop of saving the world, thus translating the psychological grandiosity of adolescence into an actual matter of life and death.

This is much better than Young Justice.

Said no one ever.

You put too much faith in ignorant fangirls.

There were an insane amount of people wanting a new season of Teen Titans due to the series ending with a frustrating cliffhanger.

The original series was amazing. Why did they end it all of the sudden?

65 episodes is the syndication cash-in number for most kids shows, and that's the number the series ended at.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How do you go from the general awesome adventures of Aqualad and Black Manta and their dumb friends to this
Remember, folks: You brought this upon yourselves.

It's not like it's that different from the shitty japanophile series it's based on. Yeah, I said it.

Haha Pony reference right off the bat huh? In any case, what gets me is that the show just looks so atrociously ugly. I just don't get why they couldn't keep the same style as the shorts.

You put too much faith in ignorant fangirls.

There were an insane amount of people wanting a new season of Teen Titans due to the series ending with a frustrating cliffhanger.

65 episodes is the syndication cash-in number for most kids shows, and that's the number the series ended at.

Care to spoiler tag the ending for me? Never saw the very last one.

jrDev

Goddammit!!! Thought this was picking up from where the last Teen Titans left off! Is Teen Titans up on Netflix yet? I know cartoon network classics have been showing up on Netflix recently. I never got to watch how it ended (if i remember correctly, didnt it get cut at a HUGE cliffhanger?) If I can watch that and forget about this nonsense ill be happy.

Beast Boy finds a schoolgirl who looks exactly like Terra, but she claims that she isn't her, and we never get a clear answer on if it really wasn't Terra or if she just had amnesia or something.

Kenai

When I first heard about this I thought they were going to directly continue from the old series that was awesome.

My dreams, they are crushed.

Avixph

Beast Boy finds a schoolgirl who looks exactly like Terra, but she claims that she isn't her, and we never get a clear answer on if it really wasn't Terra or if she just had amnesia or something.
Come on read the comics
that was Tera 2

Kenai

They continued the story in the comic book if you are interested in finding out more. Look for the ones where Geo-force(sp?) showed up

Edit: Beaten

The Titans go home after defeating the brain dude (actual comic book fans, have mercy on me) and a lot of shit in their city has changed. Then Beast Boy sees a girl that looks exactly like Terra, but she has no idea who Beast Boy is. Long story short, at the end of the episode it is revealed that she is Terra, but she wants to have a normal life. It's never explained how she was brought back or who did it.

ReiGun

The Titans go home after defeating the brain dude (actual comic book fans, have mercy on me) and a lot of shit in their city has changed. Then Beast Boy sees a girl that looks exactly like Terra, but she has no idea who Beast Boy is. Long story short, at the end of the episode it is revealed that she is Terra, but she wants to have a normal life. It's never explained how she was brought back or who did it.

Lol what's funny is, brain dude's name is actually "The Brain."

Pau

Fangirls.
Ugh I know with their stupid sexy cosplays and for some reason they never want to date me. Doesn't matter anyway, they probably don't even know who Donna Troy is. :mad:

Anyways. I'd be much more okay with these decisions if another more serious superhero cartoon was showing along side it. Well, I guess that's what Beware the Batman is for.

Eh. Guess this wasn't going to be a show aimed towards me anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom