• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U VC games teased by Nintendo UK trailer

8bits

Banned
Does anyone know how long it takes or how complex it is to port NES/SNES games to the WiiU? I'm sure there is some extra coding to get the game to work on the WiiU and pad but is it a time consuming process for each game?

We already know Nintendo is/was understaffed so maybe that is why there is the slow drip of titles being released. Nevertheless, I don't see why they don't advertise the crap out of the virtual console. I am sure there are tons of people (outside of GAF) who would pick up a WiiU just to play the games from their childhood.

Sendou

Does anyone know how long it takes or how complex it is to port NES/SNES games to the WiiU? I'm sure there is some extra coding to get the game to work on the WiiU and pad but is it a time consuming process for each game?

We already know Nintendo is/was understaffed so maybe that is why there is the slow drip of titles being released. Nevertheless, I don't see why they don't advertise the crap out of the virtual console. I am sure there are tons of people (outside of GAF) who would pick up a WiiU just to play the games from their childhood.

Man I'm pretty sure they would already have a Wii for that. Much cheaper and it actually has a good selection of those classic games available.

8bits

Banned
Man I'm pretty sure they would already have a Wii for that. Much cheaper and it actually has a good selection of those classic games available.

That is very true. Did Nintendo even advertise the Wii VC though? I don't remember ever seeing any commercials for it but I don't watch very tv.

D-e-f-

Banned
I would love lttp, i still have my copy of super metroid on snes but will probly rebuy it.

My wish though, is gamecube games with pro controller support.

Why wouldn't you when it's only 30 cents.

will we ever see Secret of Mana? :*-(

They'd probably rather release it on iOS AGAIN before they start caring about places where gamers actually WANT their games.

Square has such a fantastic back catalog from their Squaresoft days AND from Enix (the Quintet saga!!!!!!) and it's frustrating as balls that they cannot seem to give a crap about any of those games, other than FF IV apparently.

So Turbo is JUST faster SFII and Super is NOT faster but has more characters?

No.

Champion Edition added playable Sagat, M Bison, Balrog, and Vega plus new moves and colors.

Hyper Fighting (AKA Turbo on SNES) was a lot faster and actually balanced the characters they added in Champion Edition.

Super has new and touched up sprites and added T Hawk, Cammy, DeeJay, and Fei Long.

Super Turbo added Super moves and Akuma and sped the game up a bit.

Jucksalbe

Banned
They'd probably rather release it on iOS AGAIN before they start caring about places where gamers actually WANT their games.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. SquareEnix was one of the biggest supporters of the Wii Virtual Console and PSOne Classics on PSN.

Drago

Sony Europe definitely didn't.

They didn't even manage to do that for 'rerelease' on the Vita.
Whoops, forgot to put Vita in that post!

And I guess I remembered wrong but I definitely remember a huge load of titles being put up on the EU Vita PSN on day 1, while NA only got around 12 I think. Japan had their massive ~600 title catalogue up in 3 weeks too...

Jucksalbe

Banned
Whoops, forgot to put Vita in that post!

And I guess I remembered wrong but I definitely remember a huge load of titles being put up on the EU Vita PSN on day 1, while NA only got around 12 I think. Japan had their massive ~600 title catalogue up in 3 weeks too...

But those weren't actual new releases. They're just emulating the PSOne games within their PSP emulator on the Vita. This is more like the Wii mode within the WiiU (though not completely the same) and if you look at just that Nintendo had its entire VC library running from the start.

Neff

It was fully translated, at least in German, probably a few other languages as well. Chances are high it'll be the PAL version.

Folks will hammer the holy hell out of Miiverse, myself included, if this happens.

At least if we aren't offered the US version for english-speakers.

Top Bottom