• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB Rumor: Grand Theft Auto 1 and 2 coming to PSN via PSone Classics

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
HxVCudF.jpg

pa22word

God yes. GTA2 is such an outstanding game that does a lot of mechanical and design things better than GTAIII did. No one remembers it though because of GTA III coming out and blowing up like it did though =\

Here's hoping it's right about being Vita compatible. Would love to have this on the go.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Here's hoping it's Vita compatible. Would love to have this on the go.

It includes Vita in the rating so that's pretty much a yes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Giving them away for free on Steam doesn't get them access to your email account to send you updates on their new projects.

Neither does limiting the Steam versions to the GTA Complete Pack. :p But in that case R* is instead financially compensated.

Raonak

Banned
I smell a GTA complete collection once V comes out. 1, 2 , 3, VC, SA, IV+DLC, V

then again, rockstar has a tendency to hate money- so who knows.

putermcgee

Man, I LOVED the first GTA. I played the crap out of it (mostly the Liberty City map) on PC back in the day, and even got into modding the .ini file to add crates and cars to various places on the map. However, when I saw it on the PSX, it looked "better" than what I was used to on the PC (it was a 100MHz Pentium, so give me a break!). And I hated it.

That said, I'd definitely consider picking it up again for nostalgia sake. Maybe even 2, since I never could play it.

Zero148

good for Playstation users. GTA2 is the last GTA I enjoyed, the series lost its charm for me with the jump to 3D

How is the PSOne version?

GTA was the first game I ever played, but for PC...actually it's free on PC, via R*'s website

Along with Mageslayer, Puzzle Bobble, Vanguard, and the DOS games we all got as kids

Jay Sosa

God yes. GTA2 is such an outstanding game that does a lot of mechanical and design things better than GTAIII did. No one remembers it though because of GTA III coming out and blowing up like it did though =\

Here's hoping it's right about being Vita compatible. Would love to have this on the go.

I do remember GTA 1 and 2 vividly. I liked them quite a bit but the jump to 3d is the best thing that has ever happened to any franchise. That said I would be interested to see a new GTA with that perspective but with some elements from SA and some from the 2D ones.

Larsen B

I love that the original GTA was a score attack game and you could fail missions but still continue the story by getting a rampage token or finding secrets and getting the necessary score.

Such a weird concept in retrospect and a shame that it got scrapped for the linear progression of the 3D GTAs.

fenners

Are there any differences between GTA2 for the PS1 and GTA2 for the PC?

Much the same content, but the PC version has better graphic effects & less loading etc, along with more detail (meaning more pedestrians, cars etc active at any time). GTA2 PS1 is a huge improvement over GTA1 PS1 though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Much the same content, but the PC version has better graphic effects & less loading etc, along with more detail (meaning more pedestrians, cars etc active at any time).

And you can use trainers and cheats to god mode your ass around the city YEEEHAAWWWWW

Much the same content, but the PC version has better graphic effects & less loading etc, along with more detail (meaning more pedestrians, cars etc active at any time). GTA2 PS1 is a huge improvement over GTA1 PS1 though.

Damn. I wish the graphic effects and stuff will look really good for the Vita. Thanks!

Top Bottom