• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Eternals - Eternal Darkness Spiritual Sequel [Crowdfunding, Dyack, ???]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand but that trailer wasn't spooky at all. The monster was hilarious(looked like something from Splatterhouse) and the art style far too cartoonish.

Lunar15

"Crowdfunding Campaign Launches"

Well then.

Also, who are we considering as the "creators of eternal darkness"?

Ridley327

Boy, those were some dreadful looking character models.

...which means it really is a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness! :rimshot

wrowa

Something about the graphics looks off and I'm not sure what it is. It's a little bland, I guess. Could have been taken straight out of a dozen other games. It's pretty good-looking, don't get me wrong, but it lacks *something*.

Anyway, I want to know who the "creators of Eternal Darkness" are supposed to be. Actually, I'm not sure if I want a follow-up, period. Dyack has a pretty good hand for creating amazing settings, so it likely wouldn't be the same without him. On the other hand, he's quite terrible at making games, so I don't want a new game from him, either.

Well.

If this was announced soon after ED's release I would've been thrilled. Complete, unmitigated excitement. Now, given all that's transpired since I'm not so sure. Will follow with cautious optimism, but guys? How about some effort on the font-work, huh? I know it's a little thing, but if the dated graphics didn't make this look amateurish, the design work on that trailer certainly did.

RPGCrazied

Looks cool, but crowd funding? So kickstarter? Ugh. The graphics look great, the original didn't look all that hot on the gamecube, this looks better anyway.

Nah, if it was Nintendo these days it'd be Super Mario Darkness.

Oh shit I'd buy that.

Mario_Necronomicon.gif

Come on, Nintendo!

wrowa

Crowd-funding? And Dyack? I honestly hope he's not in charge of the project, otherwise I fear for the money of everyone who'll pledge. All the stories that came to light after Silicon Knights' downfalls make it sound like he seriously can't handle money.

JoeFenix

I actually like the way this looks but the crowdfunding part at the end just makes me think this thing is never going to come out anyway.

I'm definitely very curious to know more about who is actually making this thing though. Return of DD?

Lord Baldack is come!

too_human.jpg

Hopefully we'll get some REALLY pretentious making of vids talking about "flow", those were hilarious!

Something about the graphics looks off and I'm not sure what it is. It's a little bland, I guess. Could have been taken straight out of a dozen other games. It's pretty good-looking, don't get me wrong, but it lacks *something*.

Anyway, I want to know who the "creators of Eternal Darkness" are supposed to be. Actually, I'm not sure if I want a follow-up, period. Dyack has a pretty good hand for creating amazing settings, so it likely wouldn't be the same without him. On the other hand, he's quite terrible at making games, so I don't want a new game from him, either.

Well.

Well, maybe the fact that it seems Wii level graphic.

OnPoint

That freaked me out when I first started playing. The TV would mute, tell you your save file is corrupt. lol, good times.

The muting thing only worked on me because for the first time I was playing on a friend's TV. I can't believe people don't know what their own TV UI looks like and are fooled by that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom