• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drive Club new info

Loudninja

I've only skimmed so far but some bits:

- cars will take damage, but it won't affect handling
- AI lies somewhere between an arcade and simulation racer
- in terms of additional cars, it will apparently be one of Sony's 'biggest dlc games'
- tracks are on open landscapes with large draw distances
- you can play offline or as a single player if you wish
- you can create race events of varying types and size, configure time of day, weather etc. have sprawling multi-day events with hundreds of teams

Some included manufacturers are listed...not sure if it's already known. There's 3 accompanying screenshots, I think new. The cars are gorgeous.

This is for GE thanks Miles

Play offline in single-player
- Also has a big online focus
- User-created race challenges encouraged
- Everything you do is tracked by a single profile in single-plaer
- With teams, accomplishments are funneled together into the larger success of the group
- Three-on-three team challenges included
- Create events based on different parameters: car type, track, time of day, weather, etc.
- Can make lengthy multi-stage events that take place over a number of days
- Participants can span in the thousands with hundreds of different teams
- Win smaller accolades to add team’s XP
- These include clocking the fastest lap, drifting 1,000 meters, going 0 to 60 the fastest
- Use apps outside of DriveClub to make challenges as well
- Spread accomplishments and media through social media chanels
- Evolution will be making its own season of league racing through weekly online race events
- Visuals and gameplay are equally important
- DualShock 4′s touchpad is used for menu navigation, for the most part
- Touchpad also being considered for cameras
- Not a simulation-based racer
- Damage cars take won’t determine how they handle
- Koenigsegg, Maserati, Pagani, Hennessey are represented
- Start off with slightly less glamorous cars
- Race and increase fame/funds to gain access to better cars
- More people will watch you race as well
- More cars will be added through DLC; will be “one of the biggest titles for Sony from a DLC perspective”

- you can create race events of varying types and size, configure time of day, weather etc. have sprawling multi-day events with hundreds of teams
Nice. If I get a PS4 I'm definitely getting this game.

The big DLC thing is a bit off putting but I don't really too much about having every car ever made, I'm generally fine with what I'm given.

VanWinkle

If by open landscapes they mean Forza Horizon style, then awesome, but who knows. Game looks really cool regardless.

Sounds great, loving that damage is only cosmetic. That's how it should be in an arcade racer.

This though, this worries...

- in terms of additional cars, it will apparently be one of Sony's 'biggest dlc games'

So I guess they are not trading car models back and forth with PD? We probably would know by now if they are.

Such a waste of resources.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Can't believe we're at a point where we have to confirm this

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
AI lies somewhere between an arcade and simulation racer

hey Evolution Studio, whatever you do please do not use that shitty Rubberbnd AI from your MotorStorm games in this one.

thanks in advance.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Damaged cars should take handling hits, I mean... I look forwards to blowing a tire, and barely making my way to the pit stop.
DLC, does this mean we can take the Batmobile for a spin?

JJD

Damaged cars should take handling hits, I mean... I look forwards to blowing a tire, and barely making my way to the pit stop.
DLC, does this mean we can take the Batmobile for a spin?

Please no...I hated that in NFS Most Wanted.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sounds more like their answer to PGR for me, especially with them highlighting the handling being between arcade and simulation.

Will be interesting to see which game carries the torch this fall, hopefully this is good.

EDIT: Nevermind they said AI.. Which is weird. Oh well, probably will still be a good racing game despite not scratching that itch.

Is it an open-world racer like Forza Horizon? If so, Day-Whenever-I-Buy-a-PS4.

Poor Mans Forza Horizon. JK

Because Forza Horizon cost 200ish dollars if you wanted everything they stripped out of the retail version to sell as DLC? I wish I was kidding. If you wanted everything that game had to offer, it cost a lot of money.

I read that as tracks are on landscapes with wide open scenery. Not that tracks themselves are open.

Though I would very much like open tracks to answer what Forza Horizon has for Xbox.

Is Forza Horizon subsequently like Burnout Paradise? I enjoy Paradise a lot, but not sure what Horizon is all about

I doubt that they'd refer to "tracks" if it were completely open world. It sounds like they're going for something like the cities in PGR, except for in a more NFS-style setting.

I doubt that they'd refer to "tracks" if it were completely open world. It sounds like they're going for something like the cities in PGR, except for in a more NFS-style setting.

Horizon has tracks. It also happens to have a large world you can traverse to get to them. Would love it if this game did the same, but I didn't get that vibe from the description. Others seemed to, which is why I asked. I hate sims, but a mix of sim and arcadey sounds like my kind of game.

Damage doesn't affect handling? Boooooo!

Lots of games seem to do this. Is it a product of an engine that simply can't handle it or because the car makers won't allow their cars to handle poorly?

luffeN

Oh, I was confused about the offline part,I thought he meant online at first. So online with others or single player alone xD

Gold Member
Someday the ability to do this will be a distant memory~
The truth in that statement makes me very sad.

This was the game that caught my eye during the reveal and so far it's sounding great. Apart from the DLC bit but I guess that's to be expected.

aganu

Can't believe we're at a point where we have to confirm this
I don't think this is due to the 'always online' fiasco. It's more to do with what they showed at the presentation. It was all about online races in clubs so some people assumed it's an online MP-only game.

sunnz

Because Forza Horizon cost 200ish dollars if you wanted everything they stripped out of the retail version to sell as DLC? I wish I was kidding. If you wanted everything that game had to offer, it cost a lot of money.

I sadly dont think it will be on the same level of opiness as F:H, sadly.
Would have been a day 1 for me too, but will still get it.

Linear racing games are getting too boring for me, hope the physics are still good even though they are in the middle.

Sounds like they're trying to deliver on what Blur initially promised. Regarding all the social features. Ultimately Blur's integration got scaled back and became "tweet your high score". Ultimately that makes me think that this is all hot air, especially since they're aiming for launch.

Top Bottom