• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Jonnyram
(05-09-2013, 07:39 AM)
Jonnyram's Avatar
Monster Hunter 4: Japan — 2.8M
Resident Evil Revelations: Japan/NA/EU — 1.2M
Lost Planet 3: Japan/NA/EU — 1.2M

(http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/d...3/full/14.html)

Capcom also plans to increase it's income from consumer market, by reinforcing their DLC strategy and reducing development-to-launch cycles of series titles:

(http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/d...13/full/8.html)
NateDrake
Member
(05-09-2013, 07:40 AM)
NateDrake's Avatar
Realistic goals. Was expecting a figure of insanity around 5 mill for Lost Planet 3.
watershed
Member
(05-09-2013, 07:40 AM)
watershed's Avatar
At least now we know what they expect from MH4 sales. I imagine 2.8m is totally doable.
earvcunanan
Member
(05-09-2013, 07:40 AM)
earvcunanan's Avatar
They should probably lower Lost Planet 3 to 500k.

Originally Posted by watershed

At least now we know what they expect from MH4 sales. I imagine 2.8m is totally doable.

Will probably hit almost 4M when all is said and done.
SolidSnakex
Member
(05-09-2013, 07:40 AM)
SolidSnakex's Avatar
Those all seem quite reasonable. Maybe they've learned their lesson from past sales goals.
Tagg9
Member
(05-09-2013, 07:41 AM)
Tagg9's Avatar
MH4 and RE seem reasonable, but Lost Planet will have a difficult time breaking the 1m barrier.
Lord_Byron28
Member
(05-09-2013, 07:41 AM)
Lord_Byron28's Avatar
Their expectations, at least the ones you posted, don't seem overinflated. Although given their marketing for LP3 that may be a bit unrealistic. A lot of people forget that it even exists.
Inorigo
Member
(05-09-2013, 07:42 AM)
Inorigo's Avatar
I'll be surprised if LP3 breaks 500k. 1.2m isn't happening.
kitschykitty
Member
(05-09-2013, 07:42 AM)
kitschykitty's Avatar
I don't think reducing development to launch cycles of series is what Capcom needs to do...(or maybe they just need to slow down on fighting games)
Thoraxes
Member
(05-09-2013, 07:42 AM)
Thoraxes's Avatar
They are gonna spank that MH4 goal easily.

They seem to be pretty realistic this time around.
MaverickHunterX
Member
(05-09-2013, 07:54 AM)
MaverickHunterX's Avatar
Honestly think RER will do more...
ezekial45
I have assigned to you one day for each year its punishment will last.
(05-09-2013, 07:55 AM)
ezekial45's Avatar

Originally Posted by MaverickHunterX

Honestly think RER will do more...

If they bother marketing it, then yeah it should do good. Hopefully RE6 hasn't ruined its prospects.
Nibel
Member
(05-09-2013, 07:57 AM)
Nibel's Avatar
Lost Planet 2 reached 1.5 million worldwide IIRC and that was below their expectations already
cvxfreak
HOLY FUCKING CRAP
(05-09-2013, 07:57 AM)
cvxfreak's Avatar
MH4 and RER look too low. Guess Capcom's bullish days are over for now.
Big0Bear
Junior Member
(05-09-2013, 08:01 AM)
Big0Bear's Avatar
Renforcing their Dlc structure? Man because of their Dlc practices I have passed on games or purposely bought them used since they don't want to make bundles or gold editions (ー ー;)
Hsieh
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:02 AM)

Originally Posted by cvxfreak

MH4 and RER look too low. Guess Capcom's bullish days are over for now.

For MH4, keep in mind that even Nintendo only has one 3DS game that has broken 2.8 million in Japan, Animal Crossing.
metalslimer
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:04 AM)
metalslimer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hsieh

For MH4, keep in mind that even Nintendo only has one 3DS game that has broken 2.8 million in Japan, Animal Crossing.

The 3DS is going to explode this year in Japan once Pokemon hits. With the holidays it will probably do 3 million before the year's end and then continue to sell. 2.8 million is a very conservative figure. Nintendo hasn't released anything that I really expected to hit 2.8 million at this point. NSMB2 will hit that by the end of its life. Pokemon will hit it this year. Friend Collection is very iffy. Without the touch collection blowing up even Nintendo won't have that many titles to do those kind of numbers.
Last edited by metalslimer; 05-09-2013 at 08:06 AM.
akilshohen
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:06 AM)
akilshohen's Avatar
How do they even expect that out of LP3 in August?
AHA-Lambda
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:06 AM)
AHA-Lambda's Avatar
Spending all that marketing dough on LP3 for 1.2m? At least they know its chances, even if it'll never get even that.
Into
Banned
(05-09-2013, 08:07 AM)
RE will hit that number, there are still many fans out there who did not buy a 3DS just to play it.

Seems realistic overall
sleepykyo
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:09 AM)
sleepykyo's Avatar

Originally Posted by AHA-Lambda

Spending all that marketing dough on LP3 for 1.2m? At least they know its chances, even if it'll never get even that.

It's relative. ie. Remember Me is getting thrown out with even less.
electroplankton
Banned
(05-09-2013, 08:12 AM)
electroplankton's Avatar

Originally Posted by cvxfreak

MH4 and RER look too low. Guess Capcom's bullish days are over for now.

I'd say RE looks too high, haha
Glass Rebel
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:12 AM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar
MH4 and RER seem to be too low. The former will sell throughout the year and as for the latter even Operation Raccoon City sold over 2m with abysmal reviews.

LP3 is closer to Carzy Capcpom Predicitons™
Anth0ny
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:13 AM)
Anth0ny's Avatar
Expecting way more for Monster Hunter.

3.5 mil at least
Jonnyram
(05-09-2013, 08:14 AM)
Jonnyram's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hsieh

For MH4, keep in mind that even Nintendo only has one 3DS game that has broken 2.8 million in Japan, Animal Crossing.

How many did the PSP have before Monster Hunter came out? Oh.
Anyway, I think 2.8 million is a pretty realistic estimate. I said a similar thing myself a few weeks ago. They under-estimated MH3G's success, but I think these estimates are based on that experience.

Originally Posted by metalslimer

The 3DS is going to explode this year in Japan once Pokemon hits.

I think Pokemon will have a negative impact on MH4's sales. I'm guessing both MH4 and Pokemon X/Y will be released in September, and that could be bad news for Capcom.
metalslimer
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:16 AM)
metalslimer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jonnyram

How many did the PSP have before Monster Hunter came out? Oh.
Anyway, I think 2.8 million is a pretty realistic estimate. I said a similar thing myself a few weeks ago. They under-estimated MH3G's success, but I think these estimates are based on that experience.

I think Pokemon will have a negative impact on MH4's sales. I'm guessing both MH4 and Pokemon X/Y will be released in September, and that could be bad news for Capcom.

Before MHP3rd when did a MH sell 2.8 million that quickly...

I think Pokemon will have a negative impact on MH4's sales. I'm guessing both MH4 and Pokemon X/Y will be released in September, and that could be bad news for Capcom.

THey announced Pokemon's date as October over 4 months ago. Both games will be the big holiday games for 3DS and be what sells with the 3DS during the holiday as Zelda is 2014 for Japan and the only other thing is Mario Party.
Last edited by metalslimer; 05-09-2013 at 08:19 AM.
nailbombxx
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:17 AM)
nailbombxx's Avatar
No way LP3 is going to break one million. LP3 is Lost Planet's DmC.
Lord_Byron28
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:21 AM)
Lord_Byron28's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jonnyram

How many did the PSP have before Monster Hunter came out? Oh.
Anyway, I think 2.8 million is a pretty realistic estimate. I said a similar thing myself a few weeks ago. They under-estimated MH3G's success, but I think these estimates are based on that experience.

I think Pokemon will have a negative impact on MH4's sales. I'm guessing both MH4 and Pokemon X/Y will be released in September, and that could be bad news for Capcom.

Hasn't MH4 been confirmed for August? I know Pokemon is in October. I think Nintendo is intentionally not trying to have MH4 and Pokemon hit at the same time.
Mario007
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:34 AM)
Mario007's Avatar
Doesn't Capcom mostly lowball their MH predictions? I remember they did the same with 3G.
Videoneon
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:34 AM)
Videoneon's Avatar

Originally Posted by electroplankton

I'd say RE looks too high, haha

I think so too, actually. They're covering a lot of platforms, but a re-release with some cosmetics and additions breaking one million, while the 3DS is (I assume, correct me if wrong) not that huge a deviation from the updated experience? I realize Revelations was released in the 3DS' dry spell, but I'm skeptical of how many "hold-outs" there were.

The Lost Planet 3 number is more reasonable than I expected from Capcom, because they had said they were putting a lot of stock into this for this fiscal year. Still, I would be surprised if it broke one million also. It's Remember Me level right now, possibly even lower (besides the strength of being an already existing franchise.)

I would not be surprised if Monther Hunter 4 hit three million.
electroplankton
Banned
(05-09-2013, 08:35 AM)
electroplankton's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hsieh

For MH4, keep in mind that even Nintendo only has one 3DS game that has broken 2.8 million in Japan, Animal Crossing.

It means that MH4 will be the second one.
Mario007
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:37 AM)
Mario007's Avatar

Originally Posted by Greenhowse

I think so too, actually. They're covering a lot of platforms, but a re-release with some cosmetics and additions breaking one million, while the 3DS is (I assume, correct me if wrong) not that huge a deviation from the updated experience? I realize Revelations was released in the 3DS' dry spell, but I'm skeptical of how many "hold-outs" there were.

The Lost Planet 3 number is more reasonable than I expected from Capcom, because they had said they were putting a lot of stock into this for this fiscal year. Still, I would be surprised if it broke one million also. It's Remember Me level right now, possibly even lower (besides the strength of being an already existing franchise.)

I would not be surprised if Monther Hunter 4 hit three million.

Well RE:R bombed, for the most part, on the 3DS so it's not like a lot of people had a chance to play it yet. Also if Operation Racoon City could do around 2 million on RE name alone, then I image RE:R can do 1.2 too. It has a better chance now, anyway, that it is coming to consoles where games like these actually sell (PS3, Xbox 360)
Mpl90
Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
(05-09-2013, 08:39 AM)
Mpl90's Avatar
I'd like to remember that, in the end, Capcom called (surprisingly IMHO XD) Resident Evil: Revelations on 3DS a "moderate success". They said they were satisfied enough with its sales.
Glass Rebel
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:40 AM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar
One thing that could be detrimental to RER sales is the lack of story co-op. Capcom better have everything in Raid Mode unlocked from the start.
Inorigo
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:40 AM)
Inorigo's Avatar

Originally Posted by sleepykyo

It's relative. ie. Remember Me is getting thrown out with even less.

Who?
electroplankton
Banned
(05-09-2013, 08:40 AM)
electroplankton's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mario007

Well RE:R bombed, for the most part, on the 3DS so it's not like a lot of people had a chance to play it yet. Also if Operation Racoon City could do around 2 million on RE name alone, then I image RE:R can do 1.2 too. It has a better chance now, anyway, that it is coming to consoles where games like these actually sell (PS3, Xbox 360)

The game didn't bomb. The fact that ORC sold well doesn't mean anything, it was also a TPS, while Revelations is a traditional survival horror. And it's a one year old porting.
Mario007
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:41 AM)
Mario007's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mpl90

I'd like to remember that, in the end, Capcom called (surprisingly IMHO XD) Resident Evil: Revelations on 3DS a "moderate success". They said they were satisfied enough with its sales.

Well if they knew they were going to port it eventually then I guess they might have been like 'oh, ok those ain't too bad, sure we'll get our sales on consoles anyway'.

The game didn't bomb. The fact that ORC sold well doesn't mean anything, it was also a TPS, while Revelations is a traditional survival horror. And it's a one year old porting.

It didn't bomb completely, it did bomb, for the most part, which is exactly what I have written.
freddy
(05-09-2013, 08:43 AM)
freddy's Avatar
I think Monster Hunter 4 will top 4 million easily.
electroplankton
Banned
(05-09-2013, 08:44 AM)
electroplankton's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mario007

It didn't bomb completely, it did bomb, for the most part, which is exactly what I have written.

Do we know sales expectations for the game? Otherwise it'd be difficult to know whether it bombed or not.
Mario007
Member
(05-09-2013, 08:54 AM)
Mario007's Avatar

Originally Posted by electroplankton

Do we know sales expectations for the game? Otherwise it'd be difficult to know whether it bombed or not.

So, say, PSABR didn't bomb because we don't know the expectations and Sony once said they were 'happy' with the sales?

Or would you then counter-argue that it must have bombed since Superbot were let go? Because then the argument for RE:R is that Capcom is porting it to pretty much every platform under the sun.
Glass Rebel
Member
(05-09-2013, 09:06 AM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mario007

So, say, PSABR didn't bomb because we don't know the expectations and Sony once said they were 'happy' with the sales?

Or would you then counter-argue that it must have bombed since Superbot were let go? Because then the argument for RE:R is that Capcom is porting it to pretty much every platform under the sun.

That's just regular Capcom MO :P

The official statement was that they wished it had sold more but that it still was a success.
electroplankton
Banned
(05-09-2013, 09:15 AM)
electroplankton's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mario007

So, say, PSABR didn't bomb because we don't know the expectations and Sony once said they were 'happy' with the sales?

Or would you then counter-argue that it must have bombed since Superbot were let go? Because then the argument for RE:R is that Capcom is porting it to pretty much every platform under the sun.

On one hand, we have a company stating that while a bit disappointing, sales were good overall; on the other hand, we have a company that was put together to make a game, and it was disbanded soon after, with a game that barely sold 200k units worldwide.

Capcom makes often porting.
GhostTrick
Member
(05-09-2013, 09:20 AM)
GhostTrick's Avatar
How could you say RE:R bombed when it did on 1 pleteforme more than half what Capcom is forecasting for the title on 4 plateforms ?
Mario007
Member
(05-09-2013, 09:21 AM)
Mario007's Avatar

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

That's just regular Capcom MO :P

The official statement was that they wished it had sold more but that it still was a success.

Thus my 'it bombed for the most part comment'.

Originally Posted by electroplankton

On one hand, we have a company stating that while a bit disappointing, sales were good overall; on the other hand, we have a company that was put together to make a game, and it was disbanded soon after, with a game that barely sold 200k units worldwide.

Capcom makes often porting.

Once again you left out that Sony also stated they were happy with the sales.

Also Superbot didn't disband but their partnership with Sony was cut.
GhostTrick
Member
(05-09-2013, 09:24 AM)
GhostTrick's Avatar

Going by the 3DS market at the time we released the game, it was definitely a success and we're certainly hoping we can repeat that success with the home console version.


Yeah, definitely bombed. And they want to do the same on home consoles.
Mpl90
Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
(05-09-2013, 09:24 AM)
Mpl90's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mario007

Thus my 'it bombed for the most part comment'.

Now saying a title, despite them desiring even a little more sales, is a success means that "it bombed for the most part"?
Canis lupus
Junior Member
(05-09-2013, 09:25 AM)
Canis lupus's Avatar
Don't think LP3 will do even half of that.
Glass Rebel
Member
(05-09-2013, 09:26 AM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar
"Bombed for the most part" does not make any sense whatsoever.
electroplankton
Banned
(05-09-2013, 09:27 AM)
electroplankton's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mario007

Once again you left out that Sony also stated they were happy with the sales.

Also Superbot didn't disband but their partnership with Sony was cut.

Oh ok, so PSABR actually sold really well, didn't know that.
Hellraider
Member
(05-09-2013, 09:38 AM)
Hellraider's Avatar
As previously stated MH4 and Revelations' expectations sound realistic.LP3's is a joke, though.Lost Planet will probably be Onimusha'd and never hear anything from it apart from gree games.

Thread Tools