• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Visualante2
Member
(05-09-2013, 12:57 PM)
Visualante2's Avatar

Features
Occulus Rift
The new nations of game development
Game jams
The making of Cart Life
The art of Zeno Clash

Previews
Grand Theft Auto V
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Transistor
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Super Time Force
Diablo III
Survarium

Reviews
Metro: Last Light 8
Defiance 5
Injustice: Gods Among Us 8
Dead Island: Riptide 3
Soul Sacrifice 6
Star Trek: The Video Game 4
Don't Starve 6
Battleblock Theater 8
Badland 6
Solitaire Blitz 6
Zombie Road Trip 6

Next month

on sale June 6

print / iPad / Zinio
Last edited by Visualante2; 05-09-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Riposte
Member
(05-09-2013, 12:58 PM)
Riposte's Avatar
you trying to pull a fast one?
Visualante2
Member
(05-09-2013, 12:58 PM)
Visualante2's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

Ouya?

I fucked up
Mihael Mello Keehl
(05-09-2013, 12:58 PM)
Mihael Mello Keehl's Avatar
Why is ouya in thread title?
BGBW
Maturity, bitches.
(05-09-2013, 12:58 PM)
BGBW's Avatar
Yo sayin' all these system look the same to you?
Dynamite Shikoku
Member
(05-09-2013, 12:58 PM)
Dynamite Shikoku's Avatar
The ouya rift
Kusagari
Member
(05-09-2013, 12:59 PM)
Kusagari's Avatar
dat Oculus Rift Ouya.
Unspeakable Evil
Member
(05-09-2013, 12:59 PM)
Unspeakable Evil's Avatar
I laughed at the title
Nibel
Member
(05-09-2013, 12:59 PM)
Nibel's Avatar
Ouya, Oculus Rift, Google Glasses

It's all the same anyway
Last edited by Nibel; 05-09-2013 at 01:03 PM.
De-mon
Member
(05-09-2013, 12:59 PM)
De-mon's Avatar
I say Oculus, you say Ouya.
subversus
I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
(05-09-2013, 12:59 PM)
subversus's Avatar
Doesn't look like Ouya.
AbandonedTrolley
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:00 PM)
AbandonedTrolley's Avatar
Came for Ouya, left with shattered dreams
Gaogaogao
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:00 PM)
Gaogaogao's Avatar
you guys, title changed
DecoyOctopus
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:00 PM)
DecoyOctopus's Avatar
WII U
WHAT
WENT
WRONG?
Man
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:01 PM)
Man's Avatar
Diablo 3 console preview.
Broken Joystick
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:01 PM)
Broken Joystick's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nibel

Ouya, Occulus Rift, Google Glasses

It's all the same anyway

Ouyacculus Glasses. Would buy day none
famousmortimer
Banned
(05-09-2013, 01:03 PM)
famousmortimer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Visualante2


Reviews

Defiance 5


Soul Sacrifice 6

Don't Starve 6

Nah, no fucking way, no sir.
Gloam
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:03 PM)
Gloam's Avatar
EDGE is really doing a poor job with their covers recently. I like most of the other layout stuff from EDGE 4.0, but lately, the covers haven't been as memorable as they used to be. Also, ouch at that Wii U story.
Hellraider
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:06 PM)
Hellraider's Avatar
PvsZ2 next month huh? It's about time!
GoddyofAus
Banned
(05-09-2013, 01:06 PM)
Believe the hype.
epmode
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:06 PM)
epmode's Avatar
Wow, a cover story. Almost makes me wish I went with the dev unit. Oh well, the consumer model is going to be a good time!
Violater
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:07 PM)
Violater's Avatar
Cant wait for that LOS2 news
Man
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:08 PM)
Man's Avatar

Is that the Xbox sphere?
The small size of it signifying that gaming is just a small part of the X720 vocabulary.
Visualante2
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:10 PM)
Visualante2's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man

Diablo 3 console preview.

They only had a 15 minute demo, no PS4 version in sight. Makes transition to console "just about" but they say due to the new dodge control it feels more like an homage to God of War than the PC game it is. Fewer but better drops to ensure players spend less time in menus. 30 fps capped, drops when busy. No battle.net or auction house.
Mister_Bubbles
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:10 PM)
Mister_Bubbles's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man

Is that the Xbox sphere?
The small size of it signifying that gaming is just a small part of the X720 vocabulary.

It's a Plants Vs Zombies 2 pea, I reckon.
Ken Masters
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:10 PM)
Ken Masters's Avatar

Originally Posted by famousmortimer

Nah, no fucking way, no sir.

Have you played all 3 games?
SquiddyCracker
Junior Member
(05-09-2013, 01:11 PM)
SquiddyCracker's Avatar
Lmfao at that Defiance review.
Pretty clear the reviewer has just barely touched the game.
Kule
Junior Member
(05-09-2013, 01:11 PM)
Looks like the pea from plants vs zombies
Dascu
(05-09-2013, 01:12 PM)
Dascu's Avatar
Any info from the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 preview?
Visualante2
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:14 PM)
Visualante2's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mister_Bubbles

It's a Plants Vs Zombies 2 pea, I reckon.

I think you got it. They even have the same drop shadow!
Radec
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:15 PM)
Radec's Avatar
NEXBOX!

faridmon
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:15 PM)
faridmon's Avatar

Originally Posted by SquiddyCracker

Lmfao at that Defiance review.
Pretty clear the reviewer has just barely touched the game.

He says what everyone else saying about the game. Its pretty clear that everyone has just barely touched the game.
RooMHM
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:16 PM)
RooMHM's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kule

Looks like the pea from plants vs zombies

Yep
ScOULaris
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:18 PM)
ScOULaris's Avatar
I felt pretty much the same as they did with regard to Don't Starve. I love the concept, but playing the game just feels like busywork to me. I like some immediacy and challenge in my randomized games (like Spelunky and Binding of Isaac), and there just isn't enough conflict in Don't Starve to keep me interested. I feel like you could survive for hours (real-time) by just eating berries and staying warm at night. The art style is gorgeous, though.
ArtHands
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Mister_Bubbles

It's a Plants Vs Zombies 2 pea, I reckon.

That's what i think too.
symphonask
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:19 PM)
symphonask's Avatar

Metro: Last Light 8

Nice. For comparison, I believe they gave Metro 2033 a 6.
Acheteedo
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:23 PM)
Acheteedo's Avatar
Oculus gaining steam every day, great to see.
SinSilla
Junior Member
(05-09-2013, 01:25 PM)
SinSilla's Avatar
Cool, the Rift made the cover!
nofi
Banned for kicks
(05-09-2013, 01:27 PM)
nofi's Avatar
The "INSIDE GRAND THEFT AUTO V" in massive fucking letters spoils the entire cover.
eso76
(05-09-2013, 01:31 PM)
eso76's Avatar
The new nations of game development

that was their preview picture last month ? meh.
Magic Mushroom
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:31 PM)
Bought the iPad edition. Good read. The GTA preview doesn't really contain any new information, but there is a lot of enthusiasm in that preview. Lords of Shadow 2 sounds great as well. More Metroidvania elements, a seamless world and improved combat and platforming. On the indie front, Tansistor sounds like a much better game than the slightly overrated Bastion to me, but the real kicker here is Super Time Force, the main reason I haven't packed my 360 yet.

Review-wise, the most intesting one has to be Last Light. According to Edge it is far superior to the first. Incredibly atmospheric, great world building and much improved stealth mechanics. The say most rooms are self-contained puzzles that can be tackled in various ways. Downsides? Navigation can be clumsy, they recycle a moment from the first game and there might be a few turret scenes too many, but overal it sounds damn good.
Visualante2
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:31 PM)
Visualante2's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dascu

Any info from the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 preview?

It's open world, looks very cool. I wish they talked about the Spanish influence.. it would be interesting to see if that has had any effect on the games (I didn't play the first two). Enric Alvarez says the city is "Chicago by way of Bayonetta's Vigrid, with pseudo Medieval growths erupting from every surface". Two hubs the city and the castle, equally sized. They're really aiming for variety and surprise apparently.
MrCunningham
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:34 PM)
MrCunningham's Avatar

Originally Posted by SinSilla

Cool, the Rift made the cover!

The hype has been snowballing downhill for this thing ever since John Carmack showcased off the first homebrew prototype at E3 2012. The momentum from just word of mouth alone has been nothing short of amazing, really.
Facism
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:37 PM)
Facism's Avatar
so wet for castlevania.
symphonask
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:39 PM)
symphonask's Avatar

Originally Posted by Magic Mushroom

Review-wise, the most intesting one has to be Last Light. According to Edge it is far superior to the first. Incredibly atmospheric, great world building and much improved stealth mechanics. The say most rooms are self-contained puzzles that can be tackled in various ways. Downsides? Navigation can be clumsy, they recycle a moment from the first game and there might be a few turret scenes too many, but overal it sounds damn good.

Last Light is sounding mighty fine. I thought the first one had some good ideas, but didn't really feel that great to play - though I never finished it.

I may bite on Last Light if it keeps getting great reviews.
Toma
Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
(05-09-2013, 01:40 PM)
Toma's Avatar
Anyone can paraphrase why they said that the Rift is awesome?
netBuff
Banned
(05-09-2013, 01:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Magic Mushroom

Bought the iPad edition. Good read. The GTA preview doesn't really contain any new information, but there is a lot of enthusiasm in that preview. Lords of Shadow 2 sounds great as well. More Metroidvania elements, a seamless world and improved combat and platforming. On the indie front, Tansistor sounds like a much better game than the slightly overrated Bastion to me, but the real kicker here is Super Time Force, the main reason I haven't packed my 360 yet.

Review-wise, the most intesting one has to be Last Light. According to Edge it is far superior to the first. Incredibly atmospheric, great world building and much improved stealth mechanics. The say most rooms are self-contained puzzles that can be tackled in various ways. Downsides? Navigation can be clumsy, they recycle a moment from the first game and there might be a few turret scenes too many, but overal it sounds damn good.

Thanks for writing down your impressions! I really need to consider switching to digital when my subscription is up, it always takes ages for EDGE to cross the channel by mail and arrive at my house (although I prefer paper).

Originally Posted by Gloam

EDGE is really doing a poor job with their covers recently. I like most of the other layout stuff from EDGE 4.0, but lately, the covers haven't been as memorable as they used to be. Also, ouch at that Wii U story.

While I tend to agree, last months issue was pretty pleasant looking (Playstation 4).

Originally Posted by epmode

Wow, a cover story. Almost makes me wish I went with the dev unit. Oh well, the consumer model is going to be a good time!

The consumer unit will be a much better product, for waiting a bit you're going to get a better experience.
ComputerMKII
Banned
(05-09-2013, 01:41 PM)
If I've learned anything since the beginning of this generation, it's never to believe hype about anything.
Nothing1016
Member
(05-09-2013, 01:41 PM)
Nothing1016's Avatar

Dead Island: Riptide 3

Needs to be lower. The game is horrendous.

Thread Tools