• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Watch_Dogs screenshots leaked - new previews around 8am EST

http://www.shacknews.com/article/79136/the-four-year-journey-of-watch-dogs
Although Watch Dogs will launch on PS4, the central DNA of the game is still rooted in the current gen. "We wanted to support those platforms, because we wanted those gamers to play Watch Dogs," Guay said, adding "we're not going to ignore the 30 million people that have current-gen systems."

With its lengthy development time, Watch Dogs spent most of its production within current-gen pipeline. "We guesstimated that there would possibly be new hardware coming out," Guay admitted, which explains why the PC and PS4 versions of the game will undoubtedly run better than the current-gen versions--and why PS3 and Xbox 360 gamers won't necessarily miss out on the core gaming experience.

It's on next gen platforms, but it won't do anything that can't be done on current gen systems.

daveo42

Banned
Did not want to be a blockhead.. sorry :(

I think it is just trying to achieve an almost hyper real look. Hard to pick out the artstyle if it is just going for realistic rendering.. that is beyond the character designs.

Yeah, I think we might hit this along with the uncanny valley next gen. More realistic art direction may mean that everything looks 'generic' because we see this stuff every day in the real world. It'll be a big balancing act to make a game look as real as possible without falling into the uncanny valley and keeping the visual style fresh.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, ok. Lets see if its just AC in sheep's clothing.

That's my concern, too. I've said it before but Ubisoft's recent output is good on paper but, after a couple of hours, terribly boring in execution. Saying that, those shots look pretty tasty. I'll wait for the GAF verdict, methinks.

Top Bottom