Then this morning, CoroCoro finally gave us the first major X and Y details since the games were first announced. Among those details was one tiny little tidbit that the source had first told me about in February - that there would be a new Electric move that drains its opponent's HP. This was the only attack that the person had told me about in February, and yet it is such a specific detail to make up. For that information to be verified three months later seems to indicate that the source is the real deal (unless they are just really good at guessing).
I want to emphasize that under the worst case scenario, I am still somehow, some way, being duped. It would not be the first time to tell you the truth, and all Pokemon webmasters have fallen for fake news before. Thus, I want everyone to take this news with a grain of salt until it is actually verified by Pokemon. If it is verified, then yay, we will be able to post other news this source has sent us since February and up until today. What you will see below is a sampling of some of the news the source has sent since February.
TL;DR - The source seems to be genuine, but still take the information below with a grain of salt. We are classifying it as unconfirmed. Do not soil our beach sand with red liquid if it turns out to be fake. :p
- Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
- Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
- Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
- The professor's English name is Patrice.
- The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
- The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
- A few attacks will be dual-typed.
- There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
- You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
The source has sent us a lot more information since then, including several English Pokemon names, but again, I'm not going to post any of it until something more substantial than an attack effect is verified. I don't want to look like a complete fool if all of this is fake. If Fairy type and anything else above comes to be true in the next few weeks, I'll put up the rest of the information. If all of this is fake, well, at least I didn't let a potential good source go to waste - at least I tried to deliver potentially real and substantial news.
It is likely that Pokemon is either going to reveal the English names of the Pokemon that were revealed in CoroCoro tomorrow when the magazine is officially released in Japan or on Saturday after Pokemon Smash airs. Since that's probably going to be the next big opportunity to see if any of the source's information is true, I thought I would post the English names he sent me right after CoroCoro leaked. Again, although in February he correctly described one of the new Electric-type moves that was revealed in CoroCoro this past weekend, we probably would all believe his information a little more if something more substantial could be verified. We'll find out soon!
Also, I realized yesterday that although Patrice is not named after a tree like Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, and Juniper, the name is pronounced as "Pah-treece." The "treece" sounds like "trees." So there you go?
- The goat, Gogoat -> Gogoat. It's a goat that goes. No need to change the name I guess?
- The panda, Yancham -> Panchum. Obviously "punch 'em," with the "punch" starting out as "pan" because it's a panda.
- The bird, Yayakoma -> Fletchling. Fletching or fledgling + hatchling?
- The "lizard," Elikiteru -> Helioptile. A heliophile is any organism attracted to sunlight, so that + reptile?
Thanks to DaBoss for the images.
I can't provided the source due to scans being on his website.
I waited until they revealed the english name for the pokemon and they were right about the names, so I assumed that Fairy type is more likely to be confirmed as well. I'm not sure if I should added rumor to the title or not.