• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Origins Box Art + New screens released [Up: Blackgate Art]

You already have Harley. Twice. Three times with InJustice. And what kind of Origin story would it be if Joker already has Harley. Talia has only been in one Batman game and BARELY at that. She's also a much more plot significant character than Harley. Lady Shiva would also fit in much better to the premise they're setting here with assassins/mercenaries. A three way fight with her and Batman and Deathstroke, for example, could be really cool.

People want Cassandra Cain in every Bat thread to ever exist. There's some weird idea that she would be way awesome because she's not as popular as Barbara. She wouldn't make timeline sense for this game either, but I'd still rather see her as someone new than Harley again.
Because she is never in anything.

Edit: Oh yeah, she was a vendor in DC Universe Online......

You already have Harley. Twice. Three times with InJustice. And what kind of Origin story would it be if Joker already has Harley. Talia has only been in one Batman game and BARELY at that. She's also a much more plot significant character than Harley. Lady Shiva would also fit in much better to the premise they're setting here with assassins/mercenaries. A three way fight with her and Batman and Deathstroke, for example, could be really cool.

People want Cassandra Cain in every Bat thread to ever exist. There's some weird idea that she would be way awesome because she's not as popular as Barbara, the hipster's Batgirl.

And Harley being in the game means Talia and Lady Shiva won't be on it?

I'm a fan of Harley and will ask for more Harley in every piece of Batman media anyone releases. I'm not going to be "oh well, she's already been in two games, time for another character I don't like nearly as much" Especially when New52 has ruined her.

I'll gladly take Talia, Shiva, as many Batgirls as they want and as many minor Batman villains they have, doesn't mean I wouldn't like the game more if it had Harley.

Was a little nervous about no Rocksteady, but I'm liking what I've heard so far. I love Deathstroke so I'll probably end up pre-ordering this.

It took years to get a good Batman game. Years. And when we did, it was great.

Now the idea of getting a a top notch Batman title every two years has some rolling their eyes. Good grief! I am going to ride this train as far as it will go because I waited decades for a game like Asylum.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And Harley being in the game means Talia and Lady Shiva won't be on it?

I'm a fan of Harley and will ask for more Harley in every piece of Batman media anyone releases. I'm not going to be "oh well, she's already been in two games, time for another character I don't like nearly as much" Especially when New52 has ruined her.

I'll gladly take Talia, Shiva, as many Batgirls as they want and as many minor Batman villains they have, doesn't mean I wouldn't like the game more if it had Harley.

That's fine if that's how you want to go about it. I'm going to push for the opposite. I'm going to want someone new all the time because video games give rare opportunities to help make a minor comic book villain into a major one. Movies do too, but DC is a lot worse about this than Marvel. Batman has a ton of bad guys with great potential that could be something special if a popular game series had them.

I've accepted there will be some faces I can't get away from, but with Harley, it's simply a matter of it being too early for Harley to be around.

Cool. But you asked why would we want more of Harley, and that is the reason.

I care a lot more about getting more of Harley Quinn that I could ever care about a minor villain getting some more exposure.

Kyzon

No mention of Deathstroke for Wii U and it's missing from the box.

SwoNkDp.png

Wii U DLC will be out next spring going by WB Wii U standards.
Injustice was released this spring and it's DLC is due in Summer for Wii U

Sothpaw

Loved AA and AC and will get this on PC. Have to say though, I am more excited for the 3DS metroidvania coming from the Metroid Prime creators.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Loved AA and AC and will get this on PC. Have to say though, I am more excited for the 3DS metroidvania coming from the Metroid Prime creators.

Yeah, I'm actually pretty interested in that too. I wish they'd release that as a DD title on Steam.

Sothpaw

Yeah, I'm actually pretty interested in that too. I wish they'd release that as a DD title on Steam.

That would be so perfect. That game deserves way more press. It's the fucking Metroid Prime creators ffs.

Anyway happy that Origins is on pc. The Batman games play so perfectly with k/m.

dummydecoy

SHIIIIT, Blur Studios is so good. I'd give my left nut for a full-length Batman CG movie from those guys. Fight choreography in the trailer was amazing. Trailer was better than the whole of TDKR. ;P

But please please please have a solid framerate! If not, I hope a PS4 version comes along.

Ephemeris

I wonder if the cops will be silly enough to come at me when I'm making my rounds through the city.

Then you have the option of fight or flight

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
VG247 said:
Looks like the box art for Batman: Arkham Origins and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate has been decided, if listings for both games on Amazon are any indication. Then again, when you click on Blackgate, only the logo shows on the box. Batman: Arkham Origins is out worldwide on October 25 on PC, PS3, Wii U, and Xbox 360. The Vita and 3DS title Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate releases alongside the console version. Thanks, Legendaryboss.
Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/31/batman-arkham-origins-and-blackgate-box-art-pops-up-on-amazon/

VG247 only snagged the PC and Vita versions, but I imagine all the others are the same for their respective games.

batman-arkham-originswqrl5.jpg

blackgatebopvv.jpg

DrBo42

Gameplay at E3? I really want to know the scope of the city, calling bullshit on being able to scale those skyscrapers.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I'd like to see Prometheus be used as a focal villain in the game. I think they should do a game where Batman's most dangerous adversaries form a cabal and pool their resources to try and finally rid themselves of him as opposed to having each villain individually attempt to take him out.

is there going to be any gameplay demos of this at e3? Kind of hoping for some surprise reveals similar to catwoman like arkham city had during e3 iirc.

Jetman

At SDCC at the Arkham Origins panel the creative director of the game, Eric Holmes, name dropped Neogaf after saying he browses the forums to see what people are saying. Guess he was offended when someone said the game would go straight to bargain bin after they saw he was involved. I was probably the only one who lol'ed.

They also revealed a new assassin- a female contortionist Copperhead, a few new skins- 60's Batman, Knightfall Batman, Nightmare Batman (what the evildoers imagine Batman as), and Batman One Million. Also even though its a prequel Barbara Gordon/Batgirl may make an appearance somehow?

Top Bottom