• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One blocks used games. Offline Pass confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me question what Sony is doing. They indicated they would not, but why would Microsoft block used games knowing that Sony wouldn't?

We need verification from Tokyo

Yeah no thanks. Sony just locked it down

WVPxqV7.gif

Shit.

This is pretty much the vibe I've been getting from Sony's dodging of directly answering the question. So, there might not even be an escape.

Can't help but think this will just drive many people - especially students - back to pirating games.

Wasn't planning on getting one anyway, but with this kind of bullshit in place, I wouldn't even touch one if all of my favorite games were Xbox exclusive. Hopefully Sony doesn't pull this crap, or I'll be sitting out this gen.

But what if a second person simply wanted to put the disc in and play the game without installing – and without paying extra? In other words, what happens to our traditional concept of a “used game”? This is a question for which Microsoft did not yet have an answer, and is surely something that game buyers (as well as renters and lenders) will want to know.

Microsoft doesn't answer wither or not Xbox blocks used games. Thread Title reads: XBOX BLOCKS USED GAMES.

:/

As long as the fee isn't ridiculously expensive (aka another $60) I'm fine with this. $5-$10 and we're good.

aFIGurANT

Has it been confirmed that the same wont happen on PS4?

This is the question to ask. If both go this route then there's not really a net loss since we'll all be stuck with the same experience.

Also, in before PC gaming = your only real future next gen.

orion434

So if me and my wife want to play the same game we have to pay extra? I would hope that the game is at least tied to 1 console... not 1 account!

bidguy

Banned
surely its console tied right ? it says second account but that means second console right ?

what a shitty way to treat customers

Vargavinter

How will this work for me and my wife? We got two sets of accounts and two xboxes, one in the livingroom and one in the bedroom. So when she played a game in one room I play another in the other room. Do we need to buy two sets of a game even if we dont play the same game at the same time?

Toki767

Have to wonder how much the fee will be. If it's like $10, what's stopping a group of people from buying one copy of a game and then passing the disc around to install?

spekkeh

Banned
Hahaha now I understand why EA officially announced that they were going to ditch OnlinePass a few days ago.

BECAUSE IT NOW COMES STANDARD.

UNPRECEDENTED PARTNERSHIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom