• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 full page advert in UK newspaper, "Coming 2013"

SilentFlyer

I imagine it'll either be game footage or it'll be "inspirational" like the double life commercial.

Doubt anything to do with the box will be shown that we didn't already see in those teasers.

Yeah. Pretty much like that. They have clearly stated at the end of PS4 teaser about the box to be fully reveal on E3 press.

Giant Friendly Crab

crab2.jpg

"Looks like you're playing a game"

"Would you like help?"

*Get assistance with the game
*Just play the damn thing without help

Iacobellis

Also, I'm getting a very 'PS2 blue' vibe from this ad and poster. Almost a shame they didn't bring back the same logo font :)

That's what I've been saying since the original teaser in January. Sony is definitely going all-out. All of this advertising reminds me of the PS2 marketing blitz to an extent.

Sony should just blast the PS4 teaser video from last week during halftime, it will get people hyped as fuck haha.

Is a new advert going to be shown during the CL or an already existing one? Would be a bummer if it's one we have seen on Youtube already.

Actually when I think back of the PS1 and PS2, I want an option in the PS4 menu where you can customize the starting sound of the system and of a game and can choose the sounds of the PS1, PS2 and PS3.

Concept17

Congrats to EU.

Sony seems a little more prepared this time around, so hopefully worldwide won't be a problem.

If I had to bet on which region gets the shortest supply, well...

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
"A NEW GENERATION ARRIVES. BUT THE GERMANS GET THEIR TOWELS ON IT FIRST. 2014 UK SUCKERS!"

Have you ever worked in a large organisation?

Obviously there could be some mix-up, this doesn't really confirm anything but one dude doesn't just make it up.
Of course, I know it could mean that they might not even know yet.

B.O.O.M

Is it me or does the controller look like a crab?

Yep..so did the DS3

This controller looks like a smiling crab...DS3 looked like an android Crab! No I'm not joking, it always looked like an android crab to me

Edit: nvm it seems it's already posted :p

Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Playstation 4, nor will they purchase any of Sony's systems. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel PS4 2013 Europe launch or you can kiss your business goodbye.

sunnz

Throughout this whole year tommorow is there BEST opportunity to get the ps4 news out more and such, with the CL finale.

Blast the E3 teaser and other ps4 trailers ( a small 30 second one) that shows all the games coming, exclusive and multiplat, make them "look"like they are ps4 exclusive and that could be very beneficial.

JP

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Playstation 4, nor will they purchase any of Sony's systems. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel PS4 2013 Europe launch or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Strange, none of the Japanese people I know seem to feel that way because there's a chance that they may not get it ahead of the other regions.

Ideally it would be launched globally at the same time but what's ideal isn't always what's possible. They don't really have any competition in Japan and Europe is close to being the "homeland" of PlayStation consumers so it makes perfect sense that it would be a priority.

It seems that Europe played a large part in the development of the console so the PS4 is a long way from being a Japanese console like the other three were.

They can keep doing what they were doing when the PS1 launched but it's a very different world, very different Sony and a very different market to how things were then.

Hoo-doo

Banned
tumblr_maebujvkot1r2ulszzs.gif

Fuck yes, EU launch in 2013 confirmed.

Feels like the PS4 has already had a more effective marketing campaign than the PS3 did during it's entire lifespan. That new marketing team is putting in work.

sunnz

tumblr_maebujvkot1r2ulszzs.gif

Fuck yes, EU launch in 2013 confirmed.

Feels like the PS4 has already had a more effective marketing campaign than the PS3 did during it's entire lifespan. That new marketing team is putting in work.

Well it helps when your competitions shoots itself in the leg... multiple times.

Strange, none of the Japanese people I know seem to feel that way because there's a chance that they may not get it ahead of the other regions.

Ideally it would be launched globally at the same time but what's ideal isn't always what's possible. They don't really have any competition in Japan and Europe is close to being the "homeland" of PlayStation consumers so it makes perfect sense that it would be a priority.

It seems that Europe played a large part in the development of the console so the PS4 is a long way from being a Japanese console like the other three were.

They can keep doing what they were doing when the PS1 launched but it's a very different world, very different Sony and a very different market to how things were then.

Everyone seems to fall for that post for some reason.....

Certinty

Well it makes sense. 2013 launch would allow them to go full out tomorrow with the advertising, otherwise it would be a bit pointless.

Haha, it never gets old, I love it.

Frillen

Hopefully a 2013 release. Can't wait to play Watchdogs on this along with BF4. I will probably buy CoD Ghosts for the Xbone along with ACIV, since I doubt there's going to be huge differences in the graphics when it comes to those titles. The controller is probably the one thing I will actually like more on the Xbone compared to the PS4.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"

This joke must be getting too inside baseball at this point. It's not fair to the Jrs!

Knoxcore

What on Earth are you talking about!? Jesus Christ!

EDIT: Got it now.

Carl

Wow, people still take the "XX just shot themselves in the foot" jokes seriously. I thought everyone knew about that, lol

Agree with others on the ps2 vibe. Have a feeling the look of the console will mirror that as well.

I hope so. I loved it. I bought this little box back in the last dying days of the dutch guilders before it became an euro-land (december 2001) for the sum of 999 guilders (about 450 euro).

gt3ps2bundle.jpg

Top Bottom