• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Hat in Time Kickstarter. Wind Waker-styled 3D platformer, PC/Mac/possibly Wii U

GRW810

This looks absolutely glorious. If a Wii U release was confirmed I would back this as my first ever Kickstarter pledge.

Sponge

Banned
I used to be part of a forum community with this guy. He's come a long way from making stuff like MFGG Ware and MFGG Royale. I'm really proud of how far Mecha has come.

Vexxan

We need a smooth gif of the main character walking on that mirror at around 3:07 in the KS trailer, it looks absolutely wonderful. Reminds me of the mirrors in that beach level in Super Mario Sunshine.

Lijik

Something about the jump looks off, cant put my finger on it. Hopefully it plays fine.

Kinda bummed its doing a standard double jump instead of taking Mario's triple jump mechanics.

LukeTim

Looks so lovely. I really want to play it, so I've decided to back it despite Kickstarter's questionable integrity.

PaulloDEC

We need a smooth gif of the main character walking on that mirror at around 3:07 in the KS trailer, it looks absolutely wonderful. Reminds me of the mirrors in that beach level in Super Mario Sunshine.

i17byc1h40BqI.gif

It does look lovely.

Yonafunu

This looks incredibly close to what Wind Waker HD will look like, I suppose.
It looks gorgeous! If only Kickstarter accepted PayPal, or anything other than creditcard...

Rehynn

Wow, looks dope. Maybe a bit derivative, but so what. Not nearly enough 3D platformers out there.

Exactly. I don't even care that it's derivative, I love the Wind Waker look, and this looks absolutely magical. Definitely on my radar.

NZNova

Oh, this looks brilliant! Sign me up! Haven't played a good old fashioned 3d platforming collectathon in far too long.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
On board as well. This looks extremely promising and charming. Going for that Kickstarter-exclusive hat thingamabob.

Oh, I remember seeing this game a long time ago. It looks interesting and I'd be willing to buy it on console if it ever does come out. I don't want to pledge though unless I get a guarantee that it comes to consoles (and to consoles in Europe). Great Kickstarter video too, although someone should probably tell them what a budget is. It's not what they think it is.

Seronei

First kickstarter I've ever backed, looks great and definitely something you don't see much of anymore. I really miss the 64 era platformers.

Gbraga

Not saying this isn't wrong (or that he didn't act like an asshole), but most of it is so stupidly childish that it's even hard to get mad about it. But I can imagine that for the people involved, the childish parts were even more enraging haha

In the other hand, the "taking the money and never giving what people bought" part is extremely concerning for a Kickstarter project. Is there a history of that happening before on Kickstarter? And how did things end?

i17byc1h40BqI.gif

It does look lovely.

Beautiful

This looks incredibly close to what Wind Waker HD will look like, I suppose.
It looks gorgeous! If only Kickstarter accepted PayPal, or anything other than creditcard...

Kickstarter projects usually start accepting paypal pledges after they reach their goal, they can't before because if they don't reach the amount specified in the Kickstarter page, they don't get a penny, even if Paypal pledges would cover up for the rest.

Dusk Golem

Full voice acting?

Staring who?

I am guessing they would cast after the fact. I recently got successfully funded on a project, and voice acting was obtained, but talking with the community and some personal decisions, I decided for the project it would be best to not have full voice acting, but voice acting grunts and important scenes fully voiced, but to give the player the option at the start of the game and anytime in the middle to turn it on/off.

But, I'm sure the process would involve casting after the fact. One might have some people in mind, but can't say until everything is worked out.

That's a little disconcerting.

In the other hand, the "taking the money and never giving what people bought" part is extremely concerning for a Kickstarter project. Is there a history of that happening before on Kickstarter? And how did things end?

There's been a few horror stories already, people just effing off on vacation and not finishing the product.

Rocky

Banned
Backed! The Banjo games and DK64 are among my favorite games of all times, I LOOOVVEEE collect-a-thons. Can't wait to play it.

Dusk Golem

Backed! The Banjo games and DK64 are among my favorite games of all times, I LOOOVVEEE collect-a-thons. Can't wait to play it.

image.php

I just want to say that, probably because of your avatar, I read your whole message in Uncle Stan's voice.

ominator

Neo Member
looks really cool. i think i should register to kickstarter finally.

oh and: anyone noticed that you can cut off the bottom of the page?

If you would like to help realizing the game for Wii U, then please continue to make some noise, so Nintendo hears you :)

Can I just ask what this means? What does Nintendo need to hear, it sounds from what others are saying here that you can self publisher, never mind Nintendo's direct involvement? Not trying to be rude, just interested. If Wii U is confirmed, I'll back, if not, I'll buy if it ever hits the Wii U for sure. Wish Ninty themselves would explore art styles like this than the style they've been doing for NSMB, the new zelda & yoshi 3ds that are coming etc.

dangeROSS

This game looks absolutely amazing and I am psyched for it. It is sad to see the whole 3D platformer genre sort of die off the way it has. I will gladly buy it if it makes it onto Steam.

Top Bottom