• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Hat in Time Kickstarter. Wind Waker-styled 3D platformer, PC/Mac/possibly Wii U

Like everybody else, we think that a Wii U version could be awsome! However, as stated, we are not in a position where we can promise anything yet, but we hope that Nintendo is listening to all of the great feedback you are giving!
Looks like it's entirely up for Nintendo to get this project on Wii U. I'm hoping it does get picked up there.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'm sorry but the game looks kinda ugly. Like they tried... but the colors are off are something.

I don't know... it's ALMOST there but they need someone to fix up their art.

What surprises me about this kickstarter is that they are (imo) asking for so little. 110k for a game like this I would have expected more considering the scope of the game. Good on them I guess. Will back tomorrow, game looks great. Would love a WiiU version.

I'm sorry but the game looks kinda ugly. Like they tried... but the colors are off are something.

I don't know... it's ALMOST there but they need someone to fix up their art.

Wow. To each their own obviously, but I couldn't disagree more. This is exactly how Banjo Kazooie or Mario Sunshine still looks to me in my minds eye, way back when.

Looks like it's entirely up for Nintendo to get this project on Wii U. I'm hoping it does get picked up there.

I def need the dev to come back and explain this one for me. If I'm to relay the sentiment I want this on the Wii U to Nintendo, I need to understand why it's up to them first, and not just a case of the team self publishing, and submitting the code to Nintendo within whatever parameters Nintendo require, much as you see renegade kid doing right now with mutant mudds or whatever. Are Nintendo not providing this info, have they been sitting around waiting to be approved as a dev by Nintendo for ages, or whatever? I'm not sure how it's on Nintendo.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
What specifically do you have a problem with?

I'm not quite sure how to put it, or what exactly looks off to me.

I've been watching the trailer trying to find what it is about it that looks weird to me. I think part of it is the textures. They aren't very detailed. Also there is a lack of cohesion in the art. I just feel like some of these screenshots just clash so much.

Of course it's early and it's a small project. "Ugly" is a strong word, but it just... doesn't look like Wind Waker. Maybe it's unrealistic for it to hope that it does, but when you are so close that art style the comparisons will be made.

I'll probably still support it though, and I wish them luck. It's ambitious and I love 3D platformers.

EDIT: Look at this ground texture

MfANGZM.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yeah I realize that, I just don't get the jizzing over the graphics.

I like the style quite a bit, but it isn't perfect at this point in time. It's a style of cel-shaded you just don't see often at all these days, which has a mixture of vibrance and creative location charm.

TheOGB

Banned
I remember the old Greenlight thread for this. Didn't know they only just started a Kickstarter.

Will definitely back
after I get paid tomorrow

The game looks absolutely beautiful and it isn't even done yet. The platforming actually reminds me of the old platforming from Mario 64 and Jak and Daxter, which is a good thing. I always hated when devs say their game is platforming focused and it turns out half the platforming is 2min sections or is just basic jumps on these platforms once in a while parts. This game actually does look like a platforming targeted game.

Hope it reaches its goal way past what it wants because this looks like a day one buy for me. Always loved the wind waker style graphics.

This looks nice but I need a guarantee on a U version. I probably can't run it on my PC.

Need engine license :(

A lot of you are asking why we aren't adding Wii U as a stretch goal, and to be honest, we really want to! But unfortunately, despite the Nintendo eShop's ability to self-publish, our game engine does not support Wii U with the license that we have!
That is why we might need help getting the game on other platforms! As you can hear, it is quite a rut we're in, but we'll definitely let you know when we are ready to support Wii U! We really want to make it possible during the Kickstarter period! Rest assured that we'll do everything to get on the Wii U!

Yeah, it seems they want a publisher to help get it on Wii U by either paying for license fees or porting it to Wii U altogether.

Someone want to get Nicalis on the line? EnjoyUp?

If this game is anything like the Rare\Nintendo games of old, I am in. Keeping my fingers crossed for a Wii U version. Now, if only someone would start a kickstarter to buy Banjo and other Rare IP's from Microsoft. I'd sell my car/half my belongings to back that. *sigh* but that will never happen. Guess this game will have to do for now. :)

Wow, over $50k funded now, which means Developer Commentary and Co-Op.

I think this will be funded WELL past the $150k mark, seriously.

I also hope that they'll find someone who helps them getting this game on the eShop.
I'd gladly buy this game again for Wii U.

LukeTim

Just backed for $27 ($25 + $2 for being outside US)

My first kickstarter backing, and I really think it's worth it. This game looks lovely.

There's also some good news on the Wii U front! We're currently talking to a publisher who might be interested in providing us with a full UDK license, allowing us to compile the game for the Wii U! We can't guarantee anything yet, and there is a chance it might still be expensive, but we'll keep you posted!

Next up: A whole new chapter and full voice acting!! If you keep at it at this rate, we might have to look at more content we can add to the game! Wow!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonaskaerlev/a-hat-in-time-3d-collect-a-thon-platformer/posts/496236

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ime-3d-collect-a-thon-platformer/posts/496236
Co-op and developer commentary stretch goals reached!
Heck yeah! We never thought we'd make it to co-op this fast (or even if we would at all)! We definitely think this will be a new experience for a collect-a-thon; to be able to bring a friend!!

There's also some good news on the Wii U front! We're currently talking to a publisher who might be interested in providing us with a full UDK license, allowing us to compile the game for the Wii U! We can't guarantee anything yet, and there is a chance it might still be expensive, but we'll keep you posted!

Next up: A whole new chapter and full voice acting!! If you keep at it at this rate, we might have to look at more content we can add to the game! Wow!!

pretty sweet, really want it on wii u
EDIT: just beaten

Top Bottom