• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Hat in Time Kickstarter. Wind Waker-styled 3D platformer, PC/Mac/possibly Wii U

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I was thinking something like this could happen. If there is proven interest in your title, you're more likely to get that kind of support. Hope it all falls through as it would be interesting to see on Wii-U.

tajd

Banned
co-op mode 2 players on one screen or spilt screen or just some shiity mode like mario galaxy ?

i buy a box copy of the game for sure,

co-op mode 2 players on one screen or spilt screen or just some shiity mode like mario galaxy ?
online on pc, splitscreen if it's on consoles
b4f45a49756b5d6026709179d5ddb26a_large.png

i buy a box copy of the game for sure,
It's a steam/possibly eshop game

Gbraga

We have co-op!! I'm so glad it's getting there this fast, it's very likely that they'll get every single stretch goal.

tajd

Banned
online on pc, splitscreen if it's on consoles
b4f45a49756b5d6026709179d5ddb26a_large.png

It's a steam/possibly eshop game

ill defo buy this on eshop co-op mode is the same girl twice ?

since its funded so far .... to reach co-op i hope they create a real co-op character not just a clone of the first

69wpm

Funded this game with 17$, I just hope they can sort out how to port this for the Wii U. If they can do that, I will gladly fund more, I'd love a retail version or some figure. According to Kicktraq this game could get more than 500k, I think that's a bit much, but they will certainly get more than 200k. I hope they have plans for more stretch goals.

One thing that is unclear: Consoles get offline co-op only or also online? I'd like to play online co-op on my Wii U, too.

Omikaru

ill defo buy this on eshop co-op mode is the same girl twice ?

since its funded so far .... to reach co-op i hope they create a real co-op character not just a clone of the first

That's just a prototype. They've already shown artwork of a co-op companion on the Kickstarter.

Myriadis

I liked what I saw, however some of the maps kinda look not that great to me from what I've seen. The city one looks a bit too overcomplicated to me while the forest has some empty spots. However, it's just what it looks like at first glance, and as someone who created maps for a SM64 hack (still in progress, btw), I know how difficult it is to create maps that aren't either too empty nor to confusing (a task I failed, tbh).
Maybe it's different when I play it for myself. It's surely different, it always is.

Couldn't find this on their kickstarter page (then again, I am exhausted):

Why isn't the Wii U version a stretch goal?
How will the team decide on whether or not to make is Wii U version?

A lot of you are asking why we aren't adding Wii U as a stretch goal, and to be honest, we really want to! But unfortunately, despite the Nintendo eShop's ability to self-publish, our game engine does not support Wii U with the license that we have!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ime-3d-collect-a-thon-platformer/posts/495869

GRW810

Wii U and I'll buy day one. If Wii U was confirmed in the Kickstarter I would have pledged. Game looks absolutely wonderful in every possible way.

atbigelow

I hope that mysterious publisher is Nintendo or Epic and they're just going to help and not require a publishing deal. Keep it indie.

I wouldn't mind both local and online co-op for a potential WiiU version. No need for split screen either, one player on the gamepad and one on the TV.

Will back this when a WiiU version is confirmed.

VariantX

They're not using unity for this game they're using Unreal. Which means they have to buy the license, which probably costs a ton. If this was a unity game, getting it on Wii U would be trivial since Nintendo has a deal to make unity free for developers.

They're not using unity for this game they're using Unreal. Which means they have to buy the license, which probably costs a ton. If this was a unity game, getting it on Wii U would be trivial since Nintendo has a deal to make unity free for developers.

Thanks. Hopefully Nintendo or some 3rd party publisher jumps in and helps.

We should start a GAF publishing company.

Yeah, never got the widespread hatred for them.

Some, like Banjo Kazooie, were among the best games ever.

The issue was when the collecting mandated too much of the experience (i. e. collect x # of trinket to advance).

Also, regarding why "exploration platformers" have fallen by the wayside, I don't think it's about the mobile market so much as it is a matter of more on-rail platformers having better focused design. (SMS' best levels were the platforming sub-levels.)

tajd

Banned
i wonder how much it will be on e-shop

im so getting a sunshine/thousand year door vibe

i really want 7 chapter and voice acting

lo zaffo

Does anybody know or can he/she estimate PC power/specifications requested to run smoothly this game?
Can it be Windows XP sp3, DirectX 9.0c, sub 2 MHz Centrino Duo being enough?
Windows 7, DirectX 10 ??
I'm quite interested.

The speed/gameplay looks amazingly solid. I don't want to bother with kickstarter's crap though, so I'll buy the wii u version if it ever becomes an option.

batbeg

I was excited until I read "collect-a-thon." Why would you consciously aim for making that kind of game?
While I personally don't like collect-a-thons there's nothing inherently wrong with them. But it is certainly a turnoff.

If this does show up on Wii U I might grab it though. Best of luck to the devs it looks super charming

I was excited until I read "collect-a-thon." Why would you consciously aim for making that kind of game?

I think the term collect-a-ton was introduced as a sidejab for a specific type of game that was very popular in the late 90s - early 2000s especially on N64.

Mario 64, Banjo, Donkeykong 64, Conker, Tonic Trouble all fall into that category

however for some games the atribute to collect certain items (mario 64 or Banjo for example) was not negatively connoted while other games (especially donkey kong 64) were criticized for it.

I think nowadays such games dont exist in the quantity or quality like they did back in the days and the word "collect a ton" may bring memories of many people that played those N64 games (or the games of the subsequent generation like mario sunshine or to some extent zelda windwaker)

Vexxan

Time to get that voice acting, still a long time left on the KS and near the end it usually gets pretty busy so I'm pretty confident they'll reach all the stretch goals.

Top Bottom