• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii U accessories, Nintendo Land + Wiimote, and White 32GB Wii U announced

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/accessories/

Wii remote battery pack and charging cradle.
BTgtS2o.jpg

2550mAh GamePad battery
tO1EaP3.jpg

White Wii U Premium (32 GB unit)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/hardware/index.html

ZaCaJrm.jpg

Nintendo Land and Wii remote bundles. Just like Wii Play!
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/alcj/index.html

yALxsrb.png
raBSdUI.png

Sandfox

The Wii Remote eats batteries like crazy so this is nice. I like how it works with the 3DS charger as well.

Gamepad battery might be nice down the road.

Mm, that battery pack for Wii remote is mighty tempting.

Hope it becomes a default pack-in, I've gotta get some new wii remote pluses soon anyway (giving the original Wii to the folks so I'll be down to 2 Wiimotes again).

Clov

I'll get the battery if it lasts longer and comes over here, the battery life on the gamepad is awful...

Nemesis_

I was so sick of shitty half assed third party charging solutions for the Wii and surprised Nintendo didn't do this sooner. Glad it's finally happening.

The GamePad battery issue is a bit, well, problematic though. I never thought Nintendo were the kind of people who would purposely hold back on a battery to sell you a more expensive one later down the track but who knows.

Hobby

White premium Wii U is 32 GB and will be on sale 7/13 for 31500 yen, and comes with a white stylus and white vertical stand along with the other standard stuff.

Nintendo Land with Wii remote on sale 7/13 for 5985 yen.

rep83xu.png

The larger battery will be on sale 7/25 and is 2550mAh (standard Wii U gamepad is 1500mAh). Nintendo expects 5~8 hours of gamepad usage with this new battery. Price is 3150 yen.

sel3IAQ.jpg

The Wii remote charge stand/quick charge battery pack will be on sale 7/13 for 4200 yen.

FO2fL8V.jpg

why the fuck did they wait so long to release something like this for the wii remote

so weird

I swear there was something about Nintendo not wanting people to use rechargeable batteries for some reason. I also recall some hypothesis based on anecdotal evidence about rechargeable batteries sometimes screwing up the motion controls because they weren't giving the remote enough juice. Maybe it was true?

Sandfox

The new Wii U and Nintendo Land bundles come out the same day as Pikmin and Super Luigi U. I wouldn't be surprised if we got more announcements for that day at some point.

No, you know what?

FUCK YOU, Nintendo. FUCK YOU for the GamePad battery bullshit.
This is exactly right. A bunch of people called this coming bullshit as soon as pics of the gamepad battery compartment were posted online. Nintendo purposely left extra space to accommodate a future larger battery that they could sell as an upgrade. Fuck them.

Top Bottom