• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon no longer selling Versus XIII?

CorvoSol

To be fair he has been kept pretty busy with other projects where he was a director or producer. I mean Nomura was involved in some way with:

Crisis Core
T3B
Dissidia
Dissidia Duodecum
358/2 Days
Coded and Re:Coded
BBS
DDD
TWEWY

That's a pretty long list of games. He's been relative quieter since 2012 though and that's when Versus was meant to have gone into full production so while I can't imagine he is pleased it's taking this long he has used his time effectively on other projects.

He was also involved with Type-0, but only for character designs.

Also you just reminded me that TWEWY has yet to have a sequel. WHY.

jaxword

Doesn't he have KH3 after that?

I think it's a safe bet that TWEWY-2 won't be out for a while. Which is actually not the best strategy, when you think about it, since the target audience will have grown out of their teens by then. Hell, I just graduated HS when TWEWY came out and I felt like Neku was a stupid kid despite being like 4 years younger at most.

Or maybe that IS the strategy and they're waiting for the next generation of 12 year olds to get McJobs. That's what I would do, I wouldn't even call it TWEWY 2. Just make it part of that universe but still standalone so it's fresh for the new kids.

Mognet

when the OT is finally created for versus/xv i think we should all reflect on what we thought about versus back in 2006 and where we were at the time.

Famassu

At this point I wonder what it would take to make Nomura quit SE.

You'd think delaying his big FF debut title for several years would have ticked him off some, but apparently not.

Although I also wouldn't be surprised if he decided to leave after Versus and/or KH3 was done.
Well, it's not like Versus has been the only game he's involved in, he's not like Sawyer was at Obsidian where he sees all of his prototypes/projects cancelled before the world even knows about them, but actually participates in the production of games that are finished & released. Nomura is basically in a similar position inside the company nowadays as Sakaguchi was before Spirits Within, i.e. he doesn't only direct games but has creative input in a lot of games, produces them etc. So while I think he's probably frustrated how Versus has been treated at times, I don't think he's in any kind of hurry to leave Square Enix.

Doesn't he have KH3 after that?
The Osaka team is probably already working on it with the help of the usual co-director while Nomura works on Versus.

If this game bombs whenever it comes out, I will hate the gaming community so much.

I really don't think there's much chance of that, don't feel XIII will have tarnished the franchises's reputation to any real degree once unrelated titles come out. People may not be interested in the XIII sequels on the same scale but new titles/entires(Ie Versus/XV) will continue to be at the top of the class sale wise.

Hopefully this isn't as disappointing as that Atlus Spike reveal :/ Please reveal tomorrow!

Soriku

And Aibo said Nomura didn't mention anything about Versus =/

OKay-Face-Facebook-Code.jpg

jaxword

Dissidia sequel?
Don't play with my heart please.

A dissidia sequel on Vita will make E3 for me

I can't see this happening at all. Wasn't the last thing SAID about Dissidia "We won't be doing a sequel, at least not in the same way" ?

Can't argue with that.

While Nomura will be attending for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX promotion, he explains there is “certain information to be announced at E3″ which he can’t talk about at this moment. He goes on to say “However, I feel like everyone knows what this information will be anyway.”

itshappening.gif

Top Bottom