• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every PS4 won't come bundled with an EyeToy after all? Image Inside.

QP3

If Sony can somehow get this whole DRM thing right in the end, then they have pretty much hit every nail on the head.

JJD

i would prefer if it would be bundled with every PS4.

I don't know if I would prefer it to be bundled, but if Sony wants developers to support the PS Eye they should have included one with every PS4 like MS is doing with Kinect.

If it's just an accessory it will be ignored by most developers and users.

sullytao

My guess is 2 sku's at launch. A basic one with just the console + hard drive and ds4 and premium with added camera and Move controller. Atleast, this is what I hope will happen.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Ah damn, I wish it were packed in. That way, devs could figure out cool things for it. If it's an accessory, no one will bother with it.

I was hoping for a new Seaman.

Thats great news. Now well just have to see if there are two SKUs. Would people upgrade for say $50-100 if you got a larger hard drive and camera?

Nachtmaer

If you take this and the mandatory remote play for games that don't use the camera into account, it's pretty likely by now that they're not including the camera in every package.

Tadger

Banned
I actually think it's a silly move by Sony.

The average joe or mummy buying a console for there kids are likely to go with the console that packs in the most goodies.

And to be honest I would be gutted if Sony released a game that utilised the camera to a games benefit, becuase then I would have to open my wallet again for extras.

Just bung it all in the box and let me choose what I do with it.

Resilient

One of my biggest gripes with Xbone, is that I'd have to pay for Kinect which IDGAF about. Thanks for helping me avoid this Sony.

The camera is dead in the water if it's not packed in. Developers aren't going to support it.
If developers manage to do anything remotely interesting with it for traditional titles, people will buy it for those titles. But they won't. And they wouldn't have with it bundled in either, anyway.

Because there isn't anything camera-based control particularly does for "core" titles to make them control better/more efficiently.

~~Hasan~~

Fantastic news if true. Consumers don't want to eat the price of that camera and I doubt that Sony does either.

omg indeed. if this is true then i am really happy.

i dont want an eye toy. i bought one during the Move stuff when it was hot. and i regret the Move and the camera 3 days after.

i really want hardcore gaming stuff. the real games. gimmicks. camera move inside the car if i move my head means nothing to me.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Only the poors are celebrating. This thing will be DOA if it's not packed in.

Jinko

Kind of glad, at least we know that developers won't have silly little motion features in games because every PS4 came with one.

So what does that mean for the Media Molecule game then ?

Obvious isn't it, people will either have to buy a PSeye2 or it will be bundled with the game.

KurowaSan

As much as I may not like the idea of a camera/kinect, I'm not sure is a good idea for the system overall. Developers won't bother to come up with anything remotely interesting (if that's even possible, I guess, but still...), and if they do, it'll might probably be xbone only. I'd rather have a successful system that gets the games I like while also being able to attract the Just Dance crowd when the time comes.

Still, might be good news for the PS4 price for those who don't want it.

BadWolf

Is that a possibility of choice that I hear? Why, thank you Sony.

I'm not big on social features so this is great.

The_Monk

Will get the Bundle without it then, if I get interested in the future, which is unlikely I can always get it but if there's an option to get the PS4 without it on the release day that's nice.

Top Bottom