• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins Deathstroke DLC "not available on all platforms"

keakster

boa-bonus-lg.jpg

Confirmation of Wii U DLC? This ad seems to suggest it, however, fine print says "not available on all platforms"

Edit:

CrunchinJelly said:
I posted about this in the other thread:

No mention of Deathstroke for Wii U and it's missing from the box.

SwoNkDp.png

The press release:

Deathstroke confirmed as playable character in Batman: Arkham Origins challenge mode pre-order now for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC for exclusive early access to the Deathstroke pack

Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment confirmed that Deathstroke will be a fully playable character in the challenge mode for Batman: Arkham Origins™. Fans who pre-order the game for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 system or Windows PC will receive exclusive early access to the Deathstroke pack.

However, some retailers are listing it, like GameStop and Amazon.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Split bump.

Might as well have a separate thread to speculate about which platforms aren't getting it and hopefully get a response out of Warner.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I posted about this in the other thread:

No mention of Deathstroke for Wii U and it's missing from the box.

SwoNkDp.png

The press release:

Deathstroke confirmed as playable character in Batman: Arkham Origins challenge mode pre-order now for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC for exclusive early access to the Deathstroke pack

Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment confirmed that Deathstroke will be a fully playable character in the challenge mode for Batman: Arkham Origins™. Fans who pre-order the game for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 system or Windows PC will receive exclusive early access to the Deathstroke pack.

guek

Banned
Is Deathstroke one of the villains in this game? Cuz if so, Slade should be able to beat the living snot out of Batman with his eye closed any day of the week.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wii U anti-exclusive going by those pictures.

EDIT: Actually what are the odds they're counting 3DS/Vita for some reason? Because, uhh, yeah, not going to be there for an entirely different game.
That's what I'm wondering.

The whole thing is kind of strange and mixed message.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So, is there any sort of specific issue with Nintendo's store infrastructure or business system that makes publishers not want to provide DLC for the Wii U? It's a little baffling.

Mileena

Banned
Not surprising, but yea this stuff and online population (for games that apply) is why buying multiplats on Wii U is a bad idea. Not even WB are supporting it right and they're one of the only ones giving support at all.

Vorundor

So, is there any sort of specific issue with Nintendo's store infrastructure or business system that makes publishers not want to provide DLC for the Wii U? It's a little baffling.

I don't get it either. Aside from the whole "smaller install base", does the Wii U have anything else that causes companies NOT to release DLCs?

pixlexic

Banned

Not really its just anything you add needs testing.. and testing is money.

pixlexic

Banned
Maybe the wii u gives you that content free right off the disk? I can not imagine that its real DLC. just unlocked.

Amir0x

Banned
What can Nintendo realistically do, guys? Seriously. With a platform as consumed in flames as the Wii U is at the moment, can you blame any dev for not putting in extra effort?

It sucks if you're a Wii U only owner though, no doubt about that... that's why I only get the exclusives on the platform :p

Not that there have been many exclusives worth a damn, but, soon... Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3...

Meelow

Banned
We should wait before assuming, 3 big retailers list it for Wii U, boxart shows that it's coming as well.

Ridley327

I've had this theory in my head for a while now that the eShop infrastructure doesn't currently support direct DLC code redemption. The Wii U versions of games have been left out of all the pre-order stuff thus far, with Rayman Legends being the only exception (which hopefully means that it's being updated prior to its release), and I think this also helps explain why there aren't any season or online passes on the system, too.

One would think with Rayman Legends coming out two months prior to Arkham Origins that WB would be able to offer it, but perhaps they're playing it safe for now.

I think it's pretty clear it's WiiU that won't be getting the DLC. It's clearly not going to be PS3 or 360 getting left out in the cold, and there's no reason not to release it on PC.

The only other option is that they could be getting cagey and referring to the 3DS and Vita versions of the game, even though they have different storylines and (I believe) completely different release dates.

Top Bottom