• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The dream is over: Lucid's racing game is 2K Drive for iOS (out in Dutch/UAE store)

Xun

Considering it's been out for a while in the Netherlands, surely they would've announced it by now? Seems a little odd.

im3GjZK9Ka7LJ.gif

:(

Double D

Tablet racing games are so fun. You tilt your tablet from side to side.. and then.. you turn it off. It's RAD!

They're awful, right? Real Racing was one of the first iOS games I got due to all the praise. I played it for a few minutes before realizing it was total shit. I just don't get the appeal, and I love racing games.

LOL.

Was this rumored PGR game supposed to be part of the 15 super exclusive Xbone games?

If so, just wow, lol, this is yet another slap in the face to the PGR and Xbone faithful crowd lol.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This was honestly one of the games that could actually convince me to buy a Xbone at some point. Honestly how the fuck is this not happening? It's just crazy.

Shaneus

any dutch ios owners?

Curious if this any good.
Snot. It's easy enough to create an overseas account and download it to one's device, but it honestly doesn't feel any different in any aspect at all to Real Racing 3. About the only thing it does have going for it is it's small footprint, but that's mostly because from what I can tell, there's only about 6 or 7 cars to drive in the whole game.

Edit: Oh man, this is too appropriate:
tumblr_m39wjupQ1x1qa1nbq.gif

I still wonder if BADNED was onto something, because I honestly don't think he would've been teasing at an iOS game in the speculation thread... but maybe he was :/

Edit #2: Is there someone on here who's name is Bruno Neto? Because a dude by that name commented on 2K Drive on Lucid's FB. PM me or whatever if you don't want to make it publicly known. BTW I'm waiting for this to hit sites like Eurogamer... I bet there are going to be a lot of unhappy campers around. Unless BADNED wants to convince us to be happy for some reason...?

Dramos

See what mainly Apple and Android has done to the gaming industry? Obviously a new target market demographic is rising. Mobile games are getting a lot of attention. Hopefully I still hope there will be a surprise. They couldn't be that much experienced devs working for a driving game on iOS. PGR forever.

Snot. It's easy enough to create an overseas account and download it to one's device, but it honestly doesn't feel any different in any aspect at all to Real Racing 3. About the only thing it does have going for it is it's small footprint, but that's mostly because from what I can tell, there's only about 6 or 7 cars to drive in the whole game.

Edit: Oh man, this is too appropriate:
tumblr_m39wjupQ1x1qa1nbq.gif

I still wonder if BADNED was onto something, because I honestly don't think he would've been teasing at an iOS game in the speculation thread... but maybe he was :/

Edit #2: Is there someone on here who's name is Bruno Neto? Because a dude by that name commented on 2K Drive on Lucid's FB. PM me or whatever if you don't want to make it publicly known. BTW I'm waiting for this to hit sites like Eurogamer... I bet there are going to be a lot of unhappy campers around. Unless BADNED wants to convince us to be happy for some reason...?

wut. that's.... ugh.

Shaneus

wut. that's.... ugh.
Looks like there's room for more, but it basically looks like a somewhat bare-bones money spinner... kind of like Rock Band, but with only 5 or 6 songs. And you can only play two or three songs before you have to wait to play more. And you can damage your guitar strings which may affect your play ability, but you can pay to fix them!

And from what I can tell, there's only one real-world location (London, obv), but a "test track" as well. And of course, the bowling.

Beautiful.

Shaneus

So what was the title that aegies and that Tiburon (or whatever his name was) all but confirmed was PGR? Is it possible that we could just be getting a PGR but without Lucid's involvement, given all the Codies guys at Rare?

I'm not saying it's possible or even the best outcome (I'd be stunned if MS would consider commissioning a PGR game without Lucid) but I guess it's still kinda likely.

But that's not passionate speculation mixed with anticipation anymore... that's just... I dunno.

Top Bottom