• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back in my Play: A Podcast for Nostalgic Gamers (New Episodes Every Sunday)

You can support Back in my Play by becoming a Patreon:
http://www.patreon.com/backinmyplay

Previous Episodes:

(TONS OF NEW EPISODES, BUT STOPPED UPDATING THE OP).

Just listening too it now.

Should have released after E3, this will get lost very quickly.

Get at least one person that is older. Would really like to hear someone's perspective that was like a teenager when the game came out. Get your cousin in on the call, lol. That would have been a good story.

Just listening too it now.

Should have released after E3, this will get lost very quickly.

Get at least one person that is older. Would really like to hear someone's perspective that was like a teenager when the game came out. Get your cousin in on the call, lol. That would have been a good story.

Good call, will make sure to do that on future shows.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Can I be on the next episode as a special guest?
I'll need a DeLorean.

Ein Bear

Listening to this now, really good stuff so far - great job! I could listen to people talk about Zelda for hours.

RkOwnage

I enjoyed being part of this, was a fun discussion and everyone was very enthusiastic, looking forward to doing more in the future!!

Ein Bear

It's interesting hearing you guys talk about how the lack of hand-holding and open ended nature of the game made it seem so amazing to you as kids.

You often hear how the more linear, hand holding nature of the modern Zelda games is a concession for new players. But I agree that it's the lack of these things that made me fall in love with series in the first place when I was a new player. I'd love to see them shift closer to the original LoZ for the next game.

It's interesting hearing you guys talk about how the lack of hand-holding and open ended nature of the game made it seem so amazing to you as kids.

You often hear how the more linear, hand holding nature of the modern Zelda games is a concession for new players. But I agree that it's the lack of these things that made me fall in love with series in the first place when I was a new player. I'd love to see them shift closer to the original LoZ for the next game.

I would love that as well; it seems Nintendo is aware that's what we want, so hopefully we'll see them act on that knowledge with the next console Zelda.

I've actually only ever played the first Zelda for a couple minutes. I think I'm gonna give it a shot while you guys cast your pod straight into my ears.

Def Jukie

I've got a long drive for work tomorrow and will give this a listen then. Skimmed through a little just now and am at the very least impressed with the sound quality. Will leave some feedback after I listen to it proper but the sound quality seems to be excellent.

Great stuff! I'd love to be a part of a podcast like this myself, but I lived in an alterate universe with C64s and Atari 800s, and later Amiga and Atari ST, only joining the console ranks a year or two after the original Playstation. Should anyone want to do a podcast about that era though, sign me up!

Great podcast so far. Interesting to hear how you guys got into the series.

I really doubt that Nintendo will fix Wind Waker. Just from what they did with OoT which was pretty lazy content wise.

Also come on, ALttP2 doesnt look that bad visually. But I do understand the sentiment of not wanting to revisit the same world or it tarnishing the original's legacy.

Great podcast so far. Interesting to hear how you guys got into the series.

I really doubt that Nintendo will fix Wind Waker. Just from what they did with OoT which was pretty lazy content wise.

Also come on, ALttP2 doesnt look that bad visually. But I do understand the sentiment of not wanting to revisit the same world or it tarnishing the original's legacy.

Thanks! Good points!

I am putting together a list of games to hit on the next few weeks. Here is the list of the upcoming episodes. Would love your requests:

• Duck Tales
  • Journey to SIlius
  • Shenmue
  • Sonic CD

oatmeal

Banned
I have about 20 minutes left on it from listening the past couple days while driving/running.

I enjoy it. All three of you are articulate and well spoken and your voices are not annoying.

All of the anecdotes have been fun to listen to as well, most hitting fairly close to him in my experiences (I'm 28).

I will definitely check out the next one, I hope you continue with NES/SNES titles though...don't veer into the 'SEGA' side of things. I didn't go down that road.

One thing though...DROP THE BREAK MUSIC. That was way too long. Put 5 seconds and go...that break between section 3 and 4 was way too long.

I have about 20 minutes left on it from listening the past couple days while driving/running.

I enjoy it. All three of you are articulate and well spoken and your voices are not annoying.

All of the anecdotes have been fun to listen to as well, most hitting fairly close to him in my experiences (I'm 28).

I will definitely check out the next one, I hope you continue with NES/SNES titles though...don't veer into the 'SEGA' side of things. I didn't go down that road.

One thing though...DROP THE BREAK MUSIC. That was way too long. Put 5 seconds and go...that break between section 3 and 4 was way too long.

Thanks for the feedback, will shorted the breaks a bit. Just want to showcase the music of the games as we discuss them.

Awesome will listen to it soon.

Are you taking guest? for the future?

Yes, it is why I want people who are interested to subscribe to the thread. If we post that the next episode is about a game you LOVE reply in the thread and I can PM you the details.

I will make sure the OP always has the next episodes game in it. Since I got no messages about Journey to Silius the same cast will be doing Duck Tales.

Yes, it is why I want people who are interested to subscribe to the thread. If we post that the next episode is about a game you LOVE reply in the thread and I can PM you the details.

I will make sure the OP always has the next episodes game in it. Since I got no messages about Journey to Silius the same cast will be doing Duck Tales.
Thanks for the quick reaction, I will sub and keep my eye out for future eps.
Great chose for a first ep, a game that everyone can agree on and has a great story about.

Followed you on twitter right away also :)
We will pm about stuff soon.

Okay finally got around to listening to some of it. It's pretty good. Coach Kevin your voice just sounds like a pod cast voice. I will definitely keep up with this topic.

Top Bottom