• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Demo was running on XBox One according to BF's official Twitter

Atruvius

BF4 looked more like a bigger expansion than a full fledged sequel, it doesn't even look that much better than BF3. And I could easily notice that they were playing with a controller. Mirrors Edge 2 looked interesting.

Azull

DR3 was rumoured as being an exclusive long before cboat mentioned it. Same for Respawn's game. World of Tanks was rumoured yesterday when Wargaming staff were seen with Microsoft employees. cboat is just taking stuff that is available on reddit and Youtube and pretending to know more than everybody else. He's an imposter, he barely reaches 50 % #truthfacts. So basically it's totally random if he is right or wrong. But well, his thread is locked til after the Ubi PC and I guess his account will be banned afterwards. We already have too many "insiders" here, I bet he is laughing his ass off seeing how many people fell for him. But considering what happened with #teamreal and #teamcgi for Phantom Pain I guess that doesn't come as a surprise.

As everyone else pointed out about ME2. You were saying? Also, barely reaches 50% truthfacts? Can you point us how many times he's been wrong? Cause I can remember one ( funnily enough it was about remember me.) You have something against Cboat I am assuming.

spuit*11

Banned
DR3 was rumoured as being an exclusive long before cboat mentioned it. Same for Respawn's game. World of Tanks was rumoured yesterday when Wargaming staff were seen with Microsoft employees. cboat is just taking stuff that is available on reddit and Youtube and pretending to know more than everybody else. He's an imposter, he barely reaches 50 % #truthfacts. So basically it's totally random if he is right or wrong. But well, his thread is locked til after the Ubi PC and I guess his account will be banned afterwards. We already have too many "insiders" here, I bet he is laughing his ass off seeing how many people fell for him. But considering what happened with #teamreal and #teamcgi for Phantom Pain I guess that doesn't come as a surprise.

1u5C8ug.jpg

Would you like some salt with that?

6Hr4jK3.jpg

kanuuna

I highly doubt it - they said it runs at 60 frames per second and the exact same gameplay footage was uploaded at 1080p to YouTube. I'm just not buying it looking that good, at that resolution, at 60 frames per second consistently.

If it really was XOne footage running natively at 1080p at 60 frames per second, then yes - I am impressed.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I can confirm that it ran at 60 fps during the MS conference at least. I'm encoding a 60 fps video right now (video sucks though, there is a huge crane camera in the way...)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so how do they explain the press E prompt ?

sTaTIx

image012.jpg

Backspace key = PC version. Bottom line.

People can scream "it's just a bug!" But 4 months away from release? 4 months from release, there isn't going to be a freaking backspace key in a console game, especially something as prominent and noticeable as the Battlelog icon.

I.e., smoke and mirrors. I.e., bullshit.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
BF4 looked more like a bigger expansion than a full fledged sequel, it doesn't even look that much better than BF3. And I could easily notice that they were playing with a controller. Mirrors Edge 2 looked interesting.
The consoles never got a proper port of BF3. BF4 is going to blow their minds right out of their skulls.

Smash88

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr8dTyMP5pA

My buddy went to E3 and got some footage of BF4 multiplayer.

He asked what the specs of the computer is and if it is GTX Titan level, the guy told him not quite - I can only assume 7950 or GTX 770.

This was being played at 1920x1080, ~30-45fps.

All of this was running on PC hardware. So I have no idea if this can be taken seriously.

nib95

Banned
I actually said at the time I thought it was. It seemed heavily downgraded compared to the reveal trailer. Less AA, AF, lesser detail/resolution, worse LOD, worse smoke and splashes/particle effects, worse looking distant sea, less smooth frame rate etc.

Here's a 1080p version of the vid for you guys to judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBSbxjkLXuU

Not saying it looks bad. It looks great. Just the Baku 17 minute reveal trailer looked a lot better. Considerably more detailed and well filtered.

In an interview on GTTV after the conference, Moore said that it was running on Xbox One specs, not an actual Xbox One.

image012.jpg

Backspace key = PC version. Bottom line.

People can scream "it's just a bug!" But 4 months away from release? 4 months from release, there isn't going to be a freaking backspace key in a console game, especially something as prominent and noticeable as the Battlelog icon.

I.e., smoke and mirrors. I.e., bullshit.

Yep. THis.

kirby145

Neo Member
So now that we know this is running on X1 at 60 FPS, what is CoD's excuse for looking so bad? This was one of the stunners of the conference IMO.
They have not changed the engine since CoD4.

DICE changed Frostbite a lot with each new game. The difference in graphics, destruction, and netcode shows this. Personally, I think Frostbite has always been a bit too "rubbery" and "soft." Since Bad Company 2, there was a lot of rubber-banding effect in it that made me feel this way. When you compare the movement system to CoD, it's not as stiff and defined. But they have made improvements, and it shows. CoD engine has never made many changes. I don't know of anything big that has changed since CoD4, other than changes to 3D sound/occlusion which was mostly managed by Treyarch for their side of the games.

The company making Ghosts essentially lost most of its star players, some of them went to found Respawn Entertainment and make Titanfall. Titanfall is the new CoD for me.

Nutter

Im sure it was running on a similar spec'd PC, but to use the button UI as your argument is dumb. Did you also miss the plain in sight "Triggers" for certain actions? Or did the Keyboard grow a pair while I wasn't looking? Most games developed on PC retain their button callouts until their content is done.

Smokey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr8dTyMP5pA

My buddy went to E3 and got some footage of BF4 multiplayer.

He asked what the specs of the computer is and if it is GTX Titan level, the guy told him not quite - I can only assume 7950 or GTX 770.

This was being played at 1920x1080, ~30-45fps.

All of this was running on PC hardware. So I have no idea if this can be taken seriously.

Map looks huge.

I actually said at the time I thought it was. It seemed heavily downgraded compared to the reveal trailer. Less AA, AF, lesser detail/resolution, worse LOD, worse smoke and splashes/particle effects, worse looking distant sea, less smooth frame rate etc.

Here's a 1080p version of the vid for you guys to judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBSbxjkLXuU

Not saying it looks bad. It looks great. Just the Baku 17 minute reveal trailer looked a lot better. Considerably more detailed and well filtered.

SP vs 64 player MP..

FDC1

I really doubt the game will look like that on X1 (or even on PS4 or average Joe's gamer PC) but I hope I'll be wrong.

Top Bottom