• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Pre-Order Product Information

Paches

Lock if old:

Xbox One Pre-Order Product Information

NOTE: You are reserving a new Xbox One entertainment system and/or related accessories or games, expected to be released in November 2013. Features and requirements may change. Return here to xbox.com/reserve for the latest Xbox One information leading to the release. Requires account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country (not all Xbox Live countries).

Xbox One Requirements:

Requires broadband internet (ISP fees apply), a Microsoft account and an account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country/region, and 720p or higher HDMI-compatible TV. To receive live TV via broadcast or cable, supported receiver device (television tuner or cable/satellite set top box) with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).

Additional subscriptions, internet speed and/or requirements apply for some features.

Kinect Sensor for Xbox One (included) and periodic system software updates required for continued use; significant updates may be required during set-up and over time (ISP fees apply).

Some games not transferable and have no resale value; restrictions on games usage apply.

Games, Kinect and accessories made for Xbox 360 or original Xbox will not work with Xbox One.

Xbox One system software uses a significant amount of storage; less internal storage will be available to users. 500 GB = 500 billion bytes.

You must accept Xbox Terms of Use (including Xbox software terms and game license terms), Microsoft Services Agreement, and Xbox One 1-year limited warranty. Some games have additional license terms.

Terms include binding arbitration with class action waiver to resolve disputes.
Additional requirements will apply.

Recommended Minimum Play Space:

Single player about 4 ft. 7 in. (1.4 m) from sensor. Two players about 6 ft. (1.8m) from sensor. Play space will vary by game, application, sensor placement, and other factors.

Xbox One-Supported Xbox Live Countries

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States

Xbox One games are for activation and distribution only in specified geographic regions. See game package and/or retailer product information, for each game’s specific geographic regions.

Xbox One Day One Edition entertainment system & Xbox One Day One Edition games:

Available in limited quantities at select retailers while supplies last.

Day One Xbox Live Gold 12 month membership:

Available in limited quantities at select retailers while supplies last. Includes Shadow Jago character for Killer Instinct, for use only with Xbox One; both expected to be released in November 2013. Additional Killer Instinct characters sold separately; requires 4 GB storage, for download only on Xbox One. Shadow Jago available exclusively with Day One Xbox Live Gold until February 1, 2014; may be available elsewhere later.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one/disclaimer

Some interesting things in there.

Durante

"Xbox One games are for activation and distribution only in specified geographic regions. See game package and/or retailer product information, for each game’s specific geographic regions."

Region locking confirmed, unsurprisingly.

You must accept Xbox Terms of Use (including Xbox software terms and game license terms), Microsoft Services Agreement, and Xbox One 1-year limited warranty. Some games have additional license terms.

License terms for individual games?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The lack of Japan in that list does explain the E3 conference a bit.

Because it distorts relationship with Japan's devs and publishers.

360's none existent market share there did not do anything of the sort, so I think you are thinking with weird gamer perspective.

Japanese game devs and pubs know where the bread is buttered. It's about the business, not some wacky relationship creed that exists in gamers' heads.

Requires 720p or higher HDMI-compatible TV.

This is new isnt it?

If you have an HDTV, but no HDMI....

Youre fucked.

And no hooking up at the cabin or little johnies room.

Also, is the Caribbean blocked out as well?

Edit: No Portugal? Lols

netBuff

Is that list of countries supposed to be a joke (I know everyone just creates accounts in other regions, but still pretty strange in this new world of online-only consoles)?

starmud

i wonder when it will hit japan... i mean, its not like this thing would do well at all... its debatable how well ps4 or wiiu will do. a extremely limited launch?

Mystery

Available in limited quantities at select retailers while supplies last. Includes Shadow Jago character for Killer Instinct, for use only with Xbox One; both expected to be released in November 2013. Additional Killer Instinct characters sold separately; requires 4 GB storage, for download only on Xbox One. Shadow Jago available exclusively with Day One Xbox Live Gold until February 1, 2014; may be available elsewhere later.

Soooo, Killer Instinct has purchasable characters? DLC, or is the game F2P?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Wait wait wait

Xbox One games are for activation and distribution only in specified geographic regions. See game package and/or retailer product information, for each game’s specific geographic regions.

Does this mean if I buy a game from the UK it won't play on my Belgian account? Fuck that, if so.

BadWolf

So with X1 not caring about Japan and Japanese devs not caring about the WiiU... wonder if the PS4 will end up with full dev support from that region.

So is the lack of JP support due to the hardware yield problems or a general strategic decision?

Also region locking comes as no surprise.

Andrefpvs

Amazing that they're not yet including some countries that had X360 at launch. What a clusterfuck this has been so far.

Tamanon

Banned
So is the lack of JP support due to the hardware yield problems or a general strategic decision?

Most likely a strategic decision. Nobody buys 360s there, and the used game market is pretty huge, so the One might sell at an even lower rate.

I'm concerned Sony won't be launching there in 2013. MS has given up completely on Japan but Sony could still get a lot of JRPGs and stuff if they made a push there.

border

Damn, that's a lot of fine print.

"Requires internet connection."

"Some games may have no resale value."

"May require sale of your soul to a demonic entity."

methane47

Xbox One-Supported Xbox Live Countries

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States

LOL i Can;t even buy an XBONE if i WANTED one

Josman

Wait wat, so let me get this straight, If you don't live in any of those countries listed, you can't activate/tie games to your account and play them?

Wow, that's a big F.U. to the rest of the world, I'm from Mexico so no worries there, but I have friends from lots of countries that aren't listed there. And also, no Japan? I suppose sooner or later but it's gonna be DoA there and japanese devs will make a lot more games for the PS4.

bidguy

Banned
"Xbox One games are for activation and distribution only in specified geographic regions. See game package and/or retailer product information, for each game’s specific geographic regions."

Region locking confirmed, unsurprisingly.

does that mean that i cant buy games from austria or the uk ?
germany is known for banning violent games so that would be a deal breaker for me ...

Phreaker

I thought it was interesting that Amazon is currently out of the "Day One" systems. I pre-ordered, but may cancel and just get a PS4.

I'm concerned Sony won't be launching there in 2013. MS has given up completely on Japan but Sony could still get a lot of JRPGs and stuff if they made a push there.

They're not in 2013. They picked the 2 strongest regions to launch first in. Japan is hand held land now.

Top Bottom