• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

chubigans
y'all should be ashamed
(06-11-2013, 06:41 AM)
Apologies if old. Accordin' to Wario64's twitter, there's some interesting data regarding preorder reserve slots for Xbox One and PS4 (not actual preorders, but the amount of consoles they're expecting to get in at launch):

Wario64 ‏@Wario64 45m

Been told that one particular GameStop location has about 25 PS4's allocated. In comaprison, Xbox One has about 8-10 at that location. fyi

Joey H ‏@patron_of_metal 44m

@Wario64 my gamestop had 12 Xbox one for preorder vs 36 ps4

This kind of falls in line with the rumoredTRUTHFACT about bad yields on the eSRAM for XB1, which could affect pricing and availability. Has anyone else encountered these kinds of reserve slots? Gonna ask my GS when I go up there tomorrow morning.
Ace Harding
(06-11-2013, 06:45 AM)
Oh god if PS4's are available in decent numbers into the holiday and Xbone has supply problems, it is really over. I don't know how this could get worse for them.

Still - largely rumor/speculation at this point right?

Edit: Oh clicked on the Truthfact from CBoaT link.
chubigans
y'all should be ashamed
(06-11-2013, 06:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Ace Harding

Oh god if PS4's are available in decent numbers into the holiday and Xbone has supply problems, it is really over. I don't know how this could get worse for them.

Still - largely rumor/speculation at this point right?

Well it's not really rumor- I trust Wario isn't lying. :p But I wonder if this is a nationwide thing.

edit: oh you mean the yields? I'd say more truth than rumor.
prwxv3
(06-11-2013, 08:25 AM)
They are in some deep shit if they have supply problems and ps4 does not. if the rumor is true heads are going to roll as MS
IHaveCandy
Banned
(06-11-2013, 08:26 AM)
Same thing is happening here. Xbox One is a lot more limited.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(06-11-2013, 08:28 AM)
I tweeted some Xbox One #'s through the day earlier too. They were pretty low in comparison, the data that I had incoming.
prwxv3
(06-11-2013, 08:35 AM)
Seems like the rumor is true. Cboat was right about everything else besides pop. I can't believe the situation they are in and ironically it'd because they had a non-gaming focus while the gaming focus for Sony paid off in spades.
fizzgigg
Banned
(06-11-2013, 08:43 AM)
Wait im in Chicago when they announced the price it was like 10pm the stores where not even Open. Youre saying stores are already sold out? That makes NO sense meaning I cant wake up and stand in line to pre order?
Amir0x
demodded, not denutted
(06-11-2013, 08:44 AM)
Man oh man if Sony can really get those systems out there, for every poor gamer who sees an empty shelf as he goes to pick up Xbox One and then notices a $100 cheaper PS4 with no restrictions and more power... they really can capitalize if they're careful
Chamber
love on your sleeve
(06-11-2013, 08:46 AM)

Originally Posted by fizzgigg

Wait im in Chicago when they announced the price it was like 10pm the stores where not even Open. Youre saying stores are already sold out? That makes NO sense meaning I cant wake up and stand in line to pre order?

Well, it was only 8PM out west so I'm guessing that's where this story is from.
Weezin
(06-11-2013, 09:09 AM)
My gamestop had 10 xbox ones and 24 ps4s so yes it's true.
Heart Attack
(06-11-2013, 09:11 AM)
I expect PS4 to outsell XB1 by 3:1 in the first year.
menacin
(06-11-2013, 09:12 AM)
when is ps4 coming out anyways....december?
Baron Aloha
A Shining Example
(06-11-2013, 09:15 AM)

Originally Posted by menacin

"Holiday"
gofreak
GAF's Bob Woodward
(06-11-2013, 09:16 AM)
Tallies with rumours of Xbox One chip manufacturing problems.
kittens
(06-11-2013, 09:16 AM)
Wow. I'd like to see more people who have connections to Gamestop locations corroborate this. Could have a huge impact on how well each system gains a foothold this holiday season.
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(06-11-2013, 09:17 AM)

Originally Posted by menacin

"4th Quarter of 2013"

I'm guessing a late October Launch in Japan, an early November launch in NA, and a Late November/Early December Launch for Europe.
family_guy
(06-11-2013, 09:17 AM)
Or maybe GameStop wants more PS4s sold because they don't have to change the way they sell used games.
J1SSL3R
(06-11-2013, 09:19 AM)
Limit their supply like they're limiting used games.
kittens
(06-11-2013, 09:25 AM)
Just curious: is Black Friday a big shopping day in Europe, too?
B.O.O.M
(06-11-2013, 09:25 AM)
Bad Yields must be true
Kenak
(06-11-2013, 09:27 AM)

Originally Posted by fizzgigg

Yeah that scares me. I'm either going to drive to the Fullerton Game Stop tomorrow morning or take the train up to the one by the Sheridan red line.

Originally Posted by family_guy

Or maybe GameStop wants more PS4s sold because they don't have to change the way they sell used games.

The way I see it, XBone effectively cuts off ebay and craigslist from second hand video game sales. In that sense, Game Stop will be the only option for most people to get money back on their game purchases or to buy used.
Chrisness
Banned
(06-11-2013, 09:27 AM)
So do I need to leave now to stand in line 6 hours to get a PS4 Best Buy preorder you think?
Rad-
(06-11-2013, 09:28 AM)
That would pretty much completely explain their high price point. It also tells that they will very likely have a huge price drop within 2 years after they get their production back on track.
-COOLIO-
The Everyman
(06-11-2013, 09:29 AM)

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

Bad Yields must be true

that's what im thinking, esram issues.
bigtroyjon
(06-11-2013, 09:29 AM)
Microsoft is cozy with Walmart, Best Buy(First non MS store to get Surface) and they have their own stores to stock. Doesn't tell us much aside from Gamestop not getting an abundance of stock.

Xbox One will be a great way for them to drive traffic to their stores this Holiday season.
Rhindle
(06-11-2013, 09:31 AM)
I'll take low supplies over spec reductions. So yay?

Also, if we're talking anecdotal evidence, the MS store I was at this evening took ~300 preorders, and Amazon is still taking launch day preorders.
Last edited by Rhindle; 06-11-2013 at 09:33 AM.
jiggle

Originally Posted by Drkirby

"4th Quarter of 2013"

I'm guessing a late October Launch in Japan, an early November launch in NA, and a Late November/Early December Launch for Europe.

didn't the guy only say NA and EUR in 2013?
Alphahawk
I wonder if this a move on this part to get Xbox One's sold out on launch day.
Suikoguy
I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
(06-11-2013, 09:33 AM)
This would seem to indicate they are at least not under-clocking the chip to meet production.

More likely then the Ultra-clusterfuck, aka, under-clocking and still a shortage.
shuraiya
(06-11-2013, 09:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Chrisness

So do I need to leave now to stand in line 6 hours to get a PS4 Best Buy preorder you think?

I recommend you call your Best Buy before going in. The ones nearest me were not accepting preorders for the Xbox One in store, only online. It also had to be paid in full.
Last edited by shuraiya; 06-11-2013 at 09:40 AM.
koji kabuto
(06-11-2013, 09:38 AM)
Then the bad yields rumor must be a true, Can Microsoft fix the issue with out redesigning the whole thing??
J-Rzez
(06-11-2013, 09:41 AM)
Interesting. Guess I'll ask tomorrow when I go to preorder.
Rabid-Coot
(06-11-2013, 09:43 AM)

Originally Posted by kittens

Just curious: is Black Friday a big shopping day in Europe, too?

It's just another friday here, although we have had a few promotions related to it in the UK in the last few years. Mainly a week of deals on Amazon.
mr2xxx
(06-11-2013, 09:45 AM)
If PS4 and One sell out it means PS4 would still sell 3x as much which means any timed exclusives will come to PS4 much quicker, yippeeee.
RiPPn
Banned
(06-11-2013, 09:46 AM)
Microsoft will get to say they are "sold out" and make it look like the demand is super high for their box. Though I'm certain the PS4 will sell out, the 360 premium sold out at this price and that was 8 years ago when 400 bucks was was worth more than it is now.
Demon Ice
Banned
(06-11-2013, 09:47 AM)
Either bad yields due to ESRAM or MS wants to create an artificial shortage to foster the illusion that the console is popular and selling out, and thus you should buy one.
Rhindle
(06-11-2013, 09:48 AM)

Originally Posted by koji kabuto

Then the bad yields rumor must be a true, Can Microsoft fix the issue with out redesigning the whole thing??

Sorting out yield issues is just a matter of time.

Worst case MS just has a very supply-constrained launch, same as the 360. It doesn't really matter in the long run.
Bam Bam Baklava
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
(06-11-2013, 09:50 AM)
Do you need to pay full price to preorder at the MS store?
weevles
(06-11-2013, 09:51 AM)
I'm so tired of this "artificial" supply lock to toke demand on new consoles.

Good on Sony if they can actually pump out enough stock so that boxes are in people's homes and software and accessories can sell better.
FlyFaster
(06-11-2013, 09:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Heart Attack

I expect PS4 to outsell XB1 by 3:1 in the first year.

I hope so. I really, truly do. Sony deserves to win with all the good they are doing.
jkanownik
(06-11-2013, 09:58 AM)

Originally Posted by weevles

I'm so tired of this "artificial" supply lock to toke demand on new consoles.

Good on Sony if they can actually pump out enough stock so that boxes are in people's homes and software and accessories can sell better.

There is no artificial supply lock. It's the way production works for everything. It doesn't make sense to set up production lines that will only be needed at launch. The set up for ~12M units a year in production (1M a month). If they start production in July in China, that gives them roughly 4M units globally in stores in holiday. They can pick up another 1-2M units if they expedite freight throughout the supply chain, but that gets expensive with large boxes. The only way to get more units is to start production earlier. That is really hard to do because specs have to be locked out a few months ahead of that.

Trying to setup production for a lot more than 12M a year from the start would be ridiculous. It is all about when production can get started at full capacity. Keep in mind it usually takes at least a month to ramp up. Longer if you are trying new production methods and have to worry about yields.
Last edited by jkanownik; 06-11-2013 at 10:03 AM.
bigtroyjon
(06-11-2013, 10:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Style Fox

They bill you when it ships but there will likely be a temporary verification charge on your card.
sadromeo
(06-11-2013, 10:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Style Fox

The minimum down is $50.00. I did mine at the M$ store today.
shagg_187
lapdance transform pants
(06-11-2013, 11:02 AM)
As I was saying...

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-v...s/ref=sv_vg_11
Lima
(06-11-2013, 11:35 AM)

Originally Posted by jiggle

didn't the guy only say NA and EUR in 2013?

Yes he did. And we are talking CEO of SCE here. Guy knows what is up. They can afford to launch 2014 in Japan. People there are only playing 3DS anyway and it is not like the Xbox One will be much of a success there.
Hilti92
(06-12-2013, 01:36 AM)
Preordered today with $213 down and she told me that there is unlimited PS4 preorders avail but not for XBONE.
Meus Renaissance
(06-12-2013, 01:39 AM)
Can someone sum up the esram issue for me? How did it come about?
chubigans
y'all should be ashamed
(06-12-2013, 01:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Jason Raize '75 - '04

Can someone sum up the esram issue for me? How did it come about?

Kinda hid the link in the OP, here ya go: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576869

I tried to get some info from my GS but they said they weren't allowed to give numbers. :(
SolidSnakex
(06-12-2013, 01:46 AM)

Originally Posted by shagg_187

As I was saying...

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-v...s/ref=sv_vg_11

People are actually buying the camera?