• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Stream

How is the commander selected?

E6bi47l.png

TheJLC

So far almost every looks positive and improved from BF3. However, I will decide if I purchase it or not at a later date. What is being shown at E3 is pre-alpha so many things are likely to change when nearing release.

So far almost every looks positive and improved from BF3. However, I will decide if I purchase it or not at a later date. What is being shown at E3 is pre-alpha so many things are likely to change when nearing release.

True. I still recall zh1nt0 or demize at E3 saying you could knock down the Caspian tower :-|

zma1013

BF3 had cool stuff like terrain deformation in the alpha, but got removed due to players glitching below the map.

It still has terrain deformation, it's just that they fixed it so you couldn't dig a hole to China. You can still make craters that are useful for cover.

Was their any mention when the closed beta will be up? Any mention of the early beta access from Medal Of Honor Warfighter purchases?

Thanks

it's the same for ammo I believe

I wonder what the difference is...

Maybe med packs heal at different rates or have a set limit. They must have a cool down then too. For example:

Drop a small med pack and recover slowly up to say 50% max. But you can deploy after 30 seconds

Drop a large one it heals faster up to 75% but you have to wait a minute to redeploy it.

I have no idea but that's just spit ballin an idea

This doesn't appear to be on the schedule on gamespots site : /.Sadly I have to play catch up on the entirety of E3 this weekend. Slowly downloading all the videos/conferences I wish to watch.

RoKKeR

it's the same for ammo I believe

I wonder what the difference is...

The difference is, the smaller one is a mobile solution to ammo and med pack. The small packs are throwabale, like grenades, and can actually be attached to your allies to give them a limited boost of health or ammo. They differ from the large packs as in, while they don't heal or resupply as quickly, they are mobile and don't break up gameplay. (i.e., everybody stops to get health/ammo)

That's how I interpreted it at least.

vilmer_

Have they shown any PC gameplay on the stream so far? If so have they mentioned the specs/settings, I may need to grab a Titan to keep the juices flowing.

Edit

I don't think so. It's all PCs that are built to similar Xbox One specs I think.

Damn, I see.

Menelaus

Banned
The difference is, the smaller one is a mobile solution to ammo and med pack. The small packs are throwabale, like grenades, and can actually be attached to your allies to give them a limited boost of health or ammo. They differ from the large packs as in, while they don't heal or resupply as quickly, they are mobile and don't break up gameplay. (i.e., everybody stops to get health/ammo)

That's how I interpreted it at least.

This is correct, except that you can still drop a small on the ground as well.

Roland1979

Have they shown any PC gameplay on the stream so far? If so have they mentioned the specs/settings, I may need to grab a Titan to keep the juices flowing.

I plan to own a HD 7950 Boost soon. That would be hopefully be enough, we don't all have $ for Titan cards or 2 GPU's. Anybody think I might not be able to set everything on MAX (i5-3750k, 16GB RAM)?

RoKKeR

OH SHIT.

Just now on the livestream:

Commentator: "So I have to ask the burning question everybody has been talking about: Dinosaurs?"

Karl Magnus Troedsson: "You'll just have to wait and see. (laughs)"

it'shappening.gif

RoKKeR

AMD just tweeted that the BF4 machines are running dual 7970s and FX-8350

For the show floor 64 player stations - yes, this is correct. However, multiple DICE and Microsoft employees have said that the single player demo "Angry Sea" shown at the Microsoft conference was running on a PC with 'Xbox One specs'.

So, we'll see. It has (apparently) confirmed to be 1080p/60fps, it'll look good.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
[*]Recon
  • Range finder
  • Ability to use different zoom levels in one scope

Zeroing and different zoom levels on the fly sound awesome.

As far as vehicles go, I'd really like to see some variety in the aircraft. How about some F-15's, 16's, 22's, Harriers, etc...

Naked Lunch

I noticed and heard some new info that sounds rad on the stream.

-In Hardcore mode your ammo will be counted in clips - so there will be no carry over of bullets to the next clip. This is a very nice addition - conserving ammo and knowing when to reload will be highly critical.

-I noticed the squad leaders can give attack commands, even on a single target. It will spot them and follow the target with an attack prompt.

-You can now throw multiple health packs around ala BF2 - these small packs can be attached to injured soldiers. The same applies to ammo. You can also throw motion sensors. DICE claims this is to push more mobility and less standing around waiting.

-It looks like squad unlocks will progress in each individual round - or perhaps each individual server. If you watch the multiplayer trailer there is a green bar above your squad names that builds its meter throughout the match - they unlock what looks like squadsprint by the time the building falls. This system is similar to BF2142's squad unlocks. 2142's squad unlock progression reset when you entered a new server. It gave you something to work toward each time you played the game.

-I noticed what looked like green tracers among other colors. I know different armies use different tracer fire. This could be a cool way of distinguishing the direction of enemy fire from a distance.

-Air vehicles' usefulness takes a hit after the building collapses due to all the dust and debris. Really cool.

-Vehicle disabling will work differently from BF3. It looks like things will get disabled and slowed down - but they can still regen in time. Perhaps DICE thought the disabling and slowing down was weak enough to then further it with a health bleed.

I wasn't able to pick up the answers of these from watching the stream.

-Is there still only 4 classes? I was hoping for more.
-Is there spawn on squad leader only spawning in normal mode - or is it spawn on anyone?
-Is there mini map auto spotting when firing un-silenced guns?

-In Hardcore mode your ammo will be counted in clips - so there will be no carry over of bullets to the next clip. This is a very nice addition - conserving ammo and knowing when to reload will be highly critical.

You sure it is i hardcore mode only? thought i saw it in the stream non hardcore

Naked Lunch

You sure it is i hardcore mode only? thought i saw it in the stream non hardcore
The guy announcing the stream kept stressing it was for hardcore mode only for some reason. Regardless its a great feature. I hope this means we will get to see our ammo displayed on screen in Hardcore mode now. No mini map and less HUD is cool - but I want to see my ammo count regardless of mode.

Roland1979

The guy announcing the stream kept stressing it was for hardcore mode only for some reason. Regardless its a great feature. I hope this means we will get to see our ammo displayed on screen in Hardcore mode now. No mini map and less HUD is cool - but I want to see my ammo count regardless of mode.

I personally like a in-between system: when shooting and reloading show ammo. Otherwise don't show ammo unless low on ammo (and very low it will slowly flash to warn you).
It needs to stay in the right bottom corner and hardly take up any space. A very good example of showing ammo without using a HUD to me is Dead Space.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
All of the changes sound like everything I could have asked for after BF3.

BTW is there a decent quality video for people who missed the stream? I saw that there was one on page 3 but the quality was shit.

olympia

BF4 sounds amazing, I'm usually much more excited for CoD francise games but this time around I'm totally on board with BF4.

mr_nothin

Banned

I wasn't able to pick up the answers of these from watching the stream.

-Is there spawn on squad leader only spawning in normal mode - or is it spawn on anyone?
-Is there mini map auto spotting when firing un-silenced guns?

The clips mechanic needs to be game-wide.
Squad leader only spawning needs to be game-wide.
Minimap auto spotting needs to be disabled completely.

These are the things that a lot of BF2 players CRAVE.

Roland1979

The clips mechanic needs to be game-wide.
Squad leader only spawning needs to be game-wide.
Minimap auto spotting needs to be disabled completely.

These are the things that a lot of BF2 players CRAVE.

If you mean that bullets don't carry over then I totally agree.
Also in hardcore mode I don't want to see any mini-map, at all.
No spotting, basically the less HUD clutter the better. Only objectives are ok-ish to me.

RoKKeR

hopeful my gtx 570 can still run this shit on high

I think I'm finally going to ditch the baby this summer for a 770. But maybe I wont, it's a tough call. I think I'd like to upgrade before next gen hits so I can have some assurance when it comes to next gen games for 2-3 years. 570 is beginning to slip just the slightest with Metro and Crysis, it'll only get worse from here.

Top Bottom