• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Freki
(06-12-2013, 12:08 AM)

Originally Posted by planetsmasherx1

Geoff Keighley had an interview with Don Mattrick (recorded pre conference) - here are some excerpts:

Keighley:"Did you know or did you anticipate the way the people would push back?"
Mattrick:"Absolutely - it's a super passionate community of people... till you use it [Xbox One] it's really hard to understand what all the advantages are."

Mattrick: "Xbox has been created by gamers for gamers."

Mattrick: "Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called xbox 360"

Mattrick: "The avarage internet connection is working the majority of the day - people are imagining that it isn't... It's change. There was a point in time when people would say all i want my phone to do is make a phonecall."

more can be found here: link

edit:

old link is not working anymore - it's still up on Youtube

edit2:

GT Video is back up again...

edit3:

Originally Posted by weekend_warrior

Originally Posted by cLOUDo

Last edited by Freki; 06-12-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Killer
guilty
(06-12-2013, 12:09 AM)
Please understand 2.
Ludicrous Speed
Haha, wow. All those quotes are gold!

They are foolish. Or maybe I am. Maybe the Xbox will sell in droves. I can't predict people's buying habits any better than Pachter.
Impeccable
#dealwithit
OrlanisWorks

"Xbox has been created by gamers for gamers."

I had nothing to do with that shit. Absolutely nothing.
x-Lundz-x
(06-12-2013, 12:10 AM)
Best of luck to you.
belvedere
Junior Butler
If he repeats the "created by gamers for gamers" mantra enough, maybe he'll truly believe it.
prwxv3
They just did not anticipate Sony's actions
Monty Mole

Mattrick:"Absolutely - it's a super passionate community of people... till you use it [Xbox One] it's really hard to understand what all the advantages are."

That's fine, but tell us the advantages then. Show us.

Jason Rubin on Bonus Round Live summed it up perfectly when he agreed that the current model needs to change, but said Microsoft is doing it with a stick and without the carrot.

I expect Xbox One games to be cheaper than their PS4 counterparts as a result of the new model. If not, then epic fail.
Proelite
(06-12-2013, 12:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Freki

Geoff Keighley had an interview with Don Mattrick (recorded pre conference) - here are some excerpts:

Keighley:"Did you know or did you anticipate the way the people would push back?"

Mattrick: "Xbox has been created by gamers for gamers."

Mattrick: "Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called xbox 360"

Mattrick: "The avarage internet connection is working the majority of the day - people are imagining that it isn't... It's change. There was a point in time when people would say all i want my phone to do is make a phonecall."

more can be found here: link

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
DMczaf

So we have to pay you $500 to understand?

Please understand.
The_Inquisitor
I think Microsoft is in for a rough 2014. Investors won't be happy at all.
Liquidsnake
Is an executive going to call him and tell him to shut up, or are they pumping their fists going yeah yeah yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!
BibiMaghoo

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called xbox 360"

This is some poor shit right here.
SJRB
This entire interview blew my mind. The arrogance is stunning.
Kusagari

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called xbox 360"

lol fuck off Mattrick.
Captain Bluey
I might be going against the tide on this one, but I am genuinely excited for the Xbox One. Will be getting both consoles anyway, but I think the new Xbox has amazing potential.

Anyway, as always, it will come down to how well the developers create games that use its unique features.
Bony Manifesto
Well they clearly didn't, but that doesn't matter any more. What does matter is that they still don't have any positive spin with which to respond to these inevitable questions.
Lagspike_exe

This is too much even for Microsoft.
DBT85
Isn't this interview from BEFORE the conference?

Talk to him now lol
G-Unit
(06-12-2013, 12:12 AM)
SO US console!
Arksy

Is this for real?
PKrockin

What advantages? Please tell me.
R dott B
Still my primary console.
Tamanon
Professional Bastard

This is my favorite quote of his.
Sojgat
LOL

Microsoft should really just stop talking. Too bad it's E3.
Randolph Freelander
That's more like it. Embrace the heel role.
KingFire

Please understand
Majine

Mattrick: "Xbox has been created by a corporation for corporations."

Fixed. It's a great corporations console.
Novoitus

I think this is the best quote by far. Just wow, lol.
JABEE
He also acted like the only people without internet for the check-ins are people that are edge cases that live in nuclear submarines. He said those people should buy Xbox 360s.
GMN
(06-12-2013, 12:13 AM)

SatelliteOfLove
God, it's like they're all channeling Kutaragi's vengeful spirit.
Liquidsnake

Originally Posted by R dott B

Still my primary console.

*high five.*
Demoncarnotaur
Or how about some games are online required if they are online required to play, but do away with the DRM BS? Seriously MS, just put an "Internet required for this title" label on certain games.

Oh, thats right, this about control and money, not consumer benefits.
BobTheFork

Originally Posted by BibiMaghoo

This is some poor shit right here.

Yeah, what a dick.
VariantX
So, he was basically going to make second class citizens out of people who don't want to have to connect to the internet just to play their single player games or didn't have reliable connections? Just because they couldn't be connected and funnel money into their pockets 24/7? Ok.
StriKeVillain
:(

I loved MS during the original and the early to mid-360 years. Such a shame to see where they've ended up now.

Oh well, Sony at least knows how to talk to us. Even if they are just a money hungry corporation with shareholders to please.
ThaiNoodles
Banned
I don't think he understands how the internet works in certain parts of the world. My connection is spotty at best.
Xboxone would be a bad investment for me, and I live in Ohio.
Europe is already out with that ridiculous price.
Japan doesn't give a fuck about xbox.

Game over.
The_Inquisitor
Sorry all I can think right now of is:

RustyNails
with arms wide open / under the sunlight / welcome to this place / i'll show you everythaaaang
(06-12-2013, 12:14 AM)

And with that statement, I lost all my respect for Don Mattrick.

Get fucked, you corporate scumbag.
Nafai1123
dirty Netflix p00rs!
breathing my air

Mattrick: "Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called xbox 360" link

So you're telling me I can't play those next-gen games if I don't have internet because of "cloud power" but I can play them on PS4? Fuck off.
Empty

that's some quote
dmr87

Good for you Microsoft.
AmaterasuOkami076
What blows my mind more is the people who defend this. Mattrick is splurting bullshit because he has to, it's his job. It's fine to be fans of MS. I've got an Xbox 360 with over 80 games, but this has really brought out the arrogance and ignorance of people.
scarybore

You have got to be shitting me.
LycanXIII

Originally Posted by DBT85

Isn't this interview from BEFORE the conference?

Talk to him now lol

Yep, happened before hand. Wouldn't surprise me if he left the state after the conference. Get out before anyone can question him.
AHA-Lambda

eurgh, christ.
Lombax

HAHA god damn it, that made me laugh.
bud
straight
it really rubs me the wrong way how geoff really goes in hard, raw, and completely without disregard for reggie's feelings as not only a businessman, but above all, a man, a hopeless, lost man. but mattrick gets off pretty easy.