• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One to only work in certain countries at launch

jett

D-Member
No fucks have been given about Latin America, goddamn. Not I like I was gonna buy this crap, but this is amazing. :lol Microsoft, what are you doing?

commedieu

Banned
this site is so ran by sony fanboys its ridiculous. Don already addressed this. He said that people have the option to relocate, its called flying, ever hear of it?

Leonsito

How was this thread posted twice, with the exact same title and content by two different users?

Edit: Woah, glitch in the Matrix?

The_Monk

As I said in the other thread:

Well being from Portugal, this means I wouldn't be able to use their console if I bought it.

So they've just helped me decide to get the PS4.

THANKS MICROSOFT!

"By gamers for gamers" (if you have 500 dollars, a great internet connection and live in a certain country)

Yep...

So far, it's seems that Microsoft is using the business Strategy from Xbox 360. I can see this console selling a lot in the States... Europe (aside maybe UK) ? Not so much

They should start using the "By gamers in the United Stated of AMERICA for gamers in the United Stated of AMERICA"

Shady859

Don't even try to import and lie about your region people. The Kinect knows and will start the self destruct sequence.

Anyone seen "Team America World Police"? America, F**K YEA...........

Odahviing

Banned
Guys, you can play and use Xbox Live in those countries, you just have to use Xbox Live from the nearest supported Country.

They did the same with the 360.

stop making such a drama.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Beautiful. So even if I wanted it and found a way to import the console, I wouldn't be able to activate my games and play them.

At this point, I can't help thinking that Microsoft is sabotaging the Xbone on purpose. For what reason, I have no idea.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don't see the point of SE releasing FFXV and KH3 for Xbox One in Japan already because the system doesn't seem to exist there.

no portugal is weird.

are we going to get some good news about the xbox one for once?

well you know, Portugal is kinda poor.. like Greece nowadays, and many parts of Eastern Europe. those people couldn't even afford to buy an Xbox One, a PREMIUM product from Microsoft. they can buy an Xbox 360!

Think of it as a great future proof blu-ray system that you'll be able to play games on someday.

so kinda like the PS3 in 2006/2007?

Skunkers

This is like watching a train careening down tracks that spiral into a toilet drain. While on fire. And the toilet is full of gasoline. And the fire has genital warts.

Seriously, how much worse does this story get?

Gui_PT

Japan
Greece
Portugal

All of them not on the list? What the flying fuck.

Gui NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yep...

So far, it's seems that Microsoft is using the business Strategy from Xbox 360. I can see this console selling a lot in the States... Europe (aside maybe UK) ? Not so much

They should start using the "By gamers in the United Stated of AMERICA for gamers in the United Stated of AMERICA"

So I wouldn't be able to get one even if I wanted...

I don't want it

Yeah I'm done with Microsoft

Portugeezer

Gold Member
As I said in the other thread:

Well being from Portugal, this means I wouldn't be able to use their console if I bought it.

So they've just helped me decide to get the PS4.

THANKS MICROSOFT!

"By gamers for gamers" (if you have 500 dollars, a great internet connection and live in a certain country)

It's pretty stupid. If it works in Spain there is no reason they couldn't get it working for Portugal on the same servers!

Just get a PS4.

leroidys

Can't wait for the PR.

"Xbox One is the ultimate gaming system that allows customers to play in their home country without having to worry about bringing the console overseas, because it won't fucking work."

Enosh

xbox live isn't supported in my country now
people having a 360 can play everything fine

idk about that activation drm thingy with xbox one but my best guess it will work as it does now, just put in a UK address

if not, lol MS

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I don't want to to overdramatic or is it me, or this console is actually made of evil and hatred?

Taiser

45gfh5rnr7g.jpg

It's like Sony somehow seized control of MS and is actively driving them into the worst possible direction.
Turn around 180° right now, you dumb fucks!

zonezeus

Xbox never existed in Poland, my dear friend.

Is that so? I don't really know any numbers, if there even are any, my opinion is based on purely anecdotal evidence (i.e. all of my gaming friends have X360s, only some of them also have PS3) Not that I care, never intended to buy Xbone anyway :)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
To be expected with the drm stuff. No way they make this region free, they have complete control over the content on your system now. Even if you installed a game from another region, they can just shut it off when your system connects to the network..which it has to do.

Lots of smaller regions are going to get absolutely screwed by this, especially if their respective game publishers are being slow with a game release.

The PS4 is pretty much going to be the international importers go to system between the region free games, no internet requirements, and lower price point.

Top Bottom