• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One to only work in certain countries at launch

aceldama

Banned
This really makes sense to me. Now the people who are going to try to connect aren't going to have to worry about every single person trying to authenticate their systems on the exact same day. Spread out the load to balance it out more as it rolls out.

It's really common sense.

Tomas

Banned
I must say that people misunderstand this requirement. The Xbox Live is not officially supported in these countries (no services and support), but people from all countries can sign up as nearby supported country to gain access to online games and other basic features.

Please do not make fun of Microsoft for this, this is an old policy.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
This really makes sense to me. Now the people who are going to try to connect aren't going to have to worry about every single person trying to authenticate their systems on the exact same day. Spread out the load to balance it out more as it rolls out.

What the hell?

Quixzlizx

Xbox One games are for activation and distribution only in specified geographic regions. See game package and/or retailer product information, for each game’s specific geographic regions.

So even if I bought a Japanese Xbone, would I not be able to play Japanese games on it outside of Japan?

gcubed

I must say that people misunderstand this requirement. The Xbox Live is not officially supported in these countries (no services and support), but people from all countries can sign up as nearby supported country to gain access to online games and other basic features.

thats not what it said. It said that the activation of games are in the above countries, not just xbox live

Odahviing

Banned

THANK YOU

This is really just a place for trolls omg.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
is_this_real_life_monkey.jpg

This. Plus they've already said they're not launching until late 2014 in Asia so that's why japan isn't on the list.

quest

Not Banned from OT
So does this mean that the Xbox One will be region locked not only via disc but DRM too? :/

Sounds like it. I guess another advantage to this DRM to help with region locking to the extreme for MS and publishers. I think it sucks balls for those who can't import with out a VPN now.

SilentFlyer

So no Middle eastern country is getting console. Right. They introduced XBL in UAE and KSA last year, after more than 6 years. So I can expect them to launch XB1 after 2 years I guess. Although I wasn't planning to buy xB1 but know they have made my decision certain.

Everyday is worst day for MS.

/thistrainneverstopswalterwhite.gif

I wonder how CD Project now feels about presenting W3 at the MS conference (
probably still good because $$$
).

I'm very disappointed of them now. All the anti-DRM talk seems like hot air after they showed up at Microsoft's stage.

Hana-Bi

So in how many countries will the PS4 be sold at launch?

At the conference they said Europe and NA this year. So not that much different...

Jinjo

Hey guys, on the upside. Us "superior" countries won't have to deal with failing servers at launch now. Lol.

Forsete

Starting a kickstarter for my new service.

For those living in unsupported countries:
For a small fee I will log into your accounts and activate your games for you.

I estimate the kickstarter should need about €200000 to get it off the ground.

Sounds like a deal, no? :p

oh ok so this doesn't matter at all. I've been in the UAE for 9 years and have been on the Australian xbox server the whole time. lol at people turning this into another anti MS hate thread. I'll still log in to my Australian account.

Majmun

Thanks for merging the threads, modus.

I couldn't believe KukicAdo's post when I read it. I'm still in shock to be honest.

MS' path to self-destruction with the Xbox One is just unreal.

Right now it wouldn't surprise me if the advertising campaign for the Xbone is just good ole Don Mattrick clubbing baby seals to death with an Xbone.

I can't believe they have left Japan off the list.

quest

Not Banned from OT
So in how many countries will the PS4 be sold at launch?

At the conference they said Europe and NA this year. So not that much different...

It is people in those countries can import a PS4 because it is region free. Looks like the Xbone is the most region restricted console ever. It is locked per country it looks like not even a region.

Protein

Banned
This is probably the most beautiful trainwreck I've ever seen. Microsoft out-doing Criterion when it comes to crash physics.

thats not what it said. It said that the activation of games are in the above countries, not just xbox live

Don't bother with that, I'm astonished that even after all the anticonsumer moves that Microsoft has done with XBone you have people who defend it.. but yeah, NeoGAF in two months has become a Sony fanfest -_-.

Top Bottom