• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: Name of the Villain?

Exentryk

I think I have figured out the name of this guy. Tell me what you think.

sbQNaay.jpg

We've seen in the trailers, there is a peace agreement to be signed between the kingdom of Lucis (represented by King Regis Lucis Caelum) and the kingdom of Niflheim (represented by the guy in the image above). Now, take a look at these posters that are hung all over Lucis.

yVzivGg.jpg
wIwmWgz.jpg

A little hard to read, but you can make out Lucis on the bottom right, and Niflheim on the top left. Now, look above Lucis, it reads Regis Lucis Caelum. There is also a name on the bottom left, below Niflheim. Since we've seen both Regis Caelum and the guy above in duels, I am guessing it's his name that's mentioned. You can also see the Niflheim's red logo on him in the image below:

Alright! So, take a look at the images below now, and if I'm reading this right, his name is Idola Eldercapt.

EtURWbx.jpg
333cMux.jpg

Let's hope he is good. The last few FF villains haven't been all that interesting. At least in the games that I've played.

Haha, good catch!

Idola sounds like a woman's name (and we don't necessarily know that he's the 'real' villain), but ya never know with FF!

Also, I see a dragon emblem - Bahamut confirmed xD

Kind of reminds of the very first Versus trailer where Noctis' last name was displayed front and center and no one realized it.

This is FF, man. The odds are decent that whoever starts off looking like the main villain won't be the final boss.

Great find, though!

Hybrid897

I guess the 6 on the left are on the Lucis side while the 6th on the right are niffleheim, with stella being the princess of Nifleheim and obviously noctis the Lucis prince.

Which explains the whole not wanting to but having to fight her and what not.

CLBridges

Good find OP, I'm loving all these FFXV analysis threads. I like his character design, seems real sinister. I'm excited for this game.

Exentryk

The left 6 are from Lucis.
Extreme right (Stella) is from Tenebrae
10th and 11th (Idola) are from Niflheim.

The other 3 we are not sure about. We know there are more kingdoms like Solheim and Accordo, and Niflheim is attacking these kingdoms. So it may not be that all are the enemies of Lucis.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I have a feeling the guy with the headband as seen in the trailer is Stella's father.

Deitus

We've seen in the trailers, there is a peace agreement to be signed between the kingdom of Lucis (represented by King Regis Lucis Caelum)

The King's name is Regis? I don't even mind the gratuitous use of Latin in this game, but I wish they wouldn't be so literal about it.

Pooya

Thats possible, he could fly with his umbrella.

no really, he kinda looks like that Al-Cid guy from FFXII. I'm gonna guess he has a similar role, that he is from another country, not Niflheim or Lucis. The initial story premise isn't that different from FFXII.

Hybrid897

The other 3 we are not sure about. We know there are more kingdoms like Solheim and Accordo, and Niflheim is attacking these kingdoms. So it may not be that all are the enemies of Lucis.

Perhaps all the other countries have already been subjugated and thus 'recruited' into nifleheims army.

Wonder what purpose the crystals serve here.

Anyone notice that they flash a younger portrait of the villian(with a different eye color) wearing a tuxedo before designating his current appearance?

Perhaps he's originally from Lucis?

Top Bottom