• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathon Blow: PS4 Games Were Running on Dev Kits, Not High-End PCs

nbthedude

Multiple developers and first hand evidence have confirmed this to be the case. Interesting given the recent info on Xbox One games running on Power PCs and all the rumors about their dev cycle being behind:

Jon Blow, The Witness Developer:

jblowlgpxr.png

Infamous Second Son Developer:

Knack Crashed to Playstation's OS desktop during one Gaffer's Play at E3:

The error screen had a lot going on, including an information box that revealed the current HDD space usage. If you look carefully the dev unit was using 385gb out of 423gb. When you factor in how manufacturers rate the drives you get actual usable space of 465gb. Now subtract that from what we saw on the crash screen and we get roughly 42gb of reserved system data that is not user accessible. That number could decrease or increase on actual retail systems.

More here.

that's just joblow's game. other ps4 needs to come out and say it too without him saying it ;P

just so we can have more screencaps. and use it for the future thread.

This "confirms" just one game to me to be honest. I am inclined to believe most ran on PS4 hardware but I don't think that has been "confirmed".

kassatsu

Banned
Tiny Brains (not at Sony's booth, but at the show) was using a PC build with Dual Shock 4s.

A inFamous Second Son producer confirmed they were running on ps4 dev kit at the show.

lol Key word there is " as many other devs did"

Of course it you can get your game to look good on the ps4 if you are just showing off an indie game that is not graphically impressive.

I bet most of the games that were actually graphically impressive were shown on pcs at this years e3.

What a misleading title..
And just because The Witness was running on hardware, doesn't mean the rest of the games were too.

Cade

Of course it you can get your game to look good on the ps4 if you are just showing off an indie game that is not graphically impressive.

I bet most of the games that were actually graphically impressive were shown on pcs at this years e3.

You clearly haven't seen The Witness, and Infamous: Second Son was also confirmed..

Recon

Banned

Wrong post is wrong.

Amir0x

Banned
Considering how far behind Xbox One is in its development than PS4, if this were true at the wider level it wouldn't surprise me whatsoever

Sydle

Why does this ultimately matter? Is it some indication that MS is going to have to delay past November? Because if it isn't then what is the point of making a case about it?

graywolf323

Gold Member

child please

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Alright Jehova Blow, I believe you.

SPDIF

Why wouldn't it be? If he was lying plenty of other people could discredit him, you think he would risk that?

Well I'm not doubting his game is running on a dev kit, others may be too. But with posts like this, I'm not sure how it can be confirmed.

I played 1 PS4 game on a PC. It wasn't at Sony's booth though and we were told it was the PC version running with PS4 controllers.

DBT85

Why does this ultimately matter? Is it some indication that MS is going to have to delay past November? Because if it isn't then what is the point of making a case about it?

If Sony games were running on the same silicone that we'll get, and the Microsoft games were running as has been discussed at length on much higher specced GPUs, then what people saw form Microsoft is not representative on what we'll get.

Top Bottom